Blake Baker Interviewed With LSU

Advertisement
@OrangeBowlMagic @Yyy @Canes1968 Are the three yahoos Originalcane that have been arguing with me all day that our 42nd ranked 3rd Down defense was “pretty good” 🤢🤮 hey three yahoos, read Originalcanes post above and then come back and tell me how awesome bakers 3rd down defense was this year! Lol

People just loooove to misinterpret stats.

Here's another thought. Even if some nimrod thought that our "third down conversions allowed" percentage was "pretty good", we then had the WORST FOURTH DOWN CONVERSIONS ALLOWED PERCENTAGE in the country.

Taken to its logical (statistical) conclusion, what if we stopped EVERY third down conversion, and then gave up EVERY fourth down conversion? The end result would be that we would give up a ridiculous amount of 3rd down/4th down situations.

Even if someone wants to invent a tiny glimmer of hope from our "ranked #42" third down conversions stat, our FOURTH DOWN conversions stat just destroys the first stat. DESTROYS it.

Insanity.

****, there's probably some stat that shows Miami was pretty good (defensively) on first down, after all, we had a ton of TFLs, but WE STILL LOST SEVEN GAMES. Even if you have one bright spot, you had to be PRETTY, PRETTY BAD in some other areas to lose seven games.

And NOT JUST on "offense" and "special teams". Yes, they sucked, but the defense was pretty bad too.

Say what you want but defense isnt our issue really. Offense and special teams was among the worst in the nation

I don’t think our defense was bad. But I also don’t buy into the #9 ranking that Bill Connelly had for our D.

I expect the D to regress next season.

Has UTSA hired a DC yet? I see where most of their staff is hired except DC. The new HC worked at Texas under Mack Brown (I think). I wonder if Banda is a candidate.

Is going from a position coach at Miami to DC at UTSA even a promotion? Seems like a lateral move to me.

Except for Miami and Alabama fans, has anybody outside Texas even heard of UTSA? Miami fans have only heard of the school because Coker coached there until retiring a few years ago. And Alabama fans have only heard of UTSA because their DC who everybody hates used to be at UTSA.

People just loooove to misinterpret stats.

Here's another thought. Even if some nimrod thought that our "third down conversions allowed" percentage was "pretty good", we then had the WORST FOURTH DOWN CONVERSIONS ALLOWED PERCENTAGE in the country.

Taken to its logical (statistical) conclusion, what if we stopped EVERY third down conversion, and then gave up EVERY fourth down conversion? The end result would be that we would give up a ridiculous amount of 3rd down/4th down situations.

Even if someone wants to invent a tiny glimmer of hope from our "ranked #42" third down conversions stat, our FOURTH DOWN conversions stat just destroys the first stat. DESTROYS it.

Insanity.

****, there's probably some stat that shows Miami was pretty good (defensively) on first down, after all, we had a ton of TFLs, but WE STILL LOST SEVEN GAMES. Even if you have one bright spot, you had to be PRETTY, PRETTY BAD in some other areas to lose seven games.

And NOT JUST on "offense" and "special teams". Yes, they sucked, but the defense was pretty bad too.
Exactly my friend! I’ve also been arguing with those same three yahoos all day that our 4th down defense was dead last in the FBS 130/130 but those same yahoos are still claiming that’s wrong too! Smh some people’s agendas keep them so blind that they can’t even see what’s right in front of there faces. Shoot we can throw stats out the window and if you happened to watch are games this past season it will stick out like a sore thumb that our defense had a lot of trouble getting off the field and what does that mean, crappy 3rd/4th down defense! I swear original, I wonder what canes games some of these yahoos on here are watching. Because it sure as **** ain’t the games we’re watching. Lol

Advertisement
Number 42 in the second half of the power five sport! You’re a clown just Blake James and Baker. Lmao
View attachment 109720

Are you handicapped? First, I never said 42nd in the country in 3rd down defense was good. Second, you keep saying we were ranked in the bottom half amongst Power 5 teams in 3rd down defense. That is a false statement. That’s what I was calling you out for. You are wrong and refuse to acknowledge it. Just man up and acknowledge that you got it completely wrong.

Are you handicapped? First, I never said 42nd in the country in 3rd down defense was good. Second, you keep saying we were ranked in the bottom half amongst Power 5 teams in 3rd down defense. That is a false statement. That’s what I was calling you out for. You are wrong and refuse to acknowledge it. Just man up and acknowledge that you got it completely wrong.
Read theoriginalcane post I tagged you in. We agree that 42nd ranking was terrible but was also smoke and mirrors of what the ranking really was which would have been in the bottom half of the power five. Either way, whether we agree or disagree, 3rd and 4th down defense under baker was dog****! Plain and simple. 4th and 17 and Diaz taking over after game 4 is all the evidence I need for that.

Read theoriginalcane post I tagged you in. We agree that 42nd ranking was terrible but was also smoke and mirrors of what the ranking really was which would have been in the bottom half of the power five. Either way, whether we agree or disagree, 3rd and 4th down defense under baker was dog****! Plain and simple. 4th and 17 and Diaz taking over after game 4 is all the evidence I need for that.

you keep saying that we were ranked in the bottom half of the power 5. We weren’t. That’s a fact.

Advertisement
you keep saying that we were ranked in the bottom half of the power 5. We weren’t. That’s a fact.

Stop acting like a little girl and pretend that you've ever watched football.

COMBINE our third down and fourth down defense, and that will give you a more accurate picture.

Good lord, you act as if the offense only has 3 downs to make a first down. I don't care if we were "halfway decent" on third down, because if you are DEAD LAST in fourth down conversions, it just wastes a big chunk of that third down "success".

Too many times in 2019, we had a tackle-for-loss on first and/or second down, only to squander our momentum by giving up a third down or fourth down conversion.

THAT is a fact.

Stop acting like a little girl and pretend that you've ever watched football.

COMBINE our third down and fourth down defense, and that will give you a more accurate picture.

Good lord, you act as if the offense only has 3 downs to make a first down. I don't care if we were "halfway decent" on third down, because if you are DEAD LAST in fourth down conversions, it just wastes a big chunk of that third down "success".

Too many times in 2019, we had a tackle-for-loss on first and/or second down, only to squander our momentum by giving up a third down or fourth down conversion.

THAT is a fact.

Literally nothing you just said is relevant to the back and forth I’m having with this dude. I don’t disagree with any of the sentiment about the defense. It wasn’t good enough, period. Still, the statement that dude has now made a half dozen times is patently false.

Literally nothing you just said is relevant to the back and forth I’m having with this dude. I don’t disagree with any of the sentiment about the defense. It wasn’t good enough, period. Still, the statement that dude has now made a half dozen times is patently false.

Then leave it alone. If you think you've corrected the mistake twice, then walk away. It would be different if he made a half-dozen separate mistakes. Sometimes there are timing issues with posting.

No big deal, he has acknowledged that whatever "moderately decent" third down conversion ranking that we had, it was still TERRIBLE after our first 3 or 4 games, and it was compounded by our WORST IN THE COUNTRY fourth down conversion ranking.

Let's all move on to the next topic.

Aww ****, my main man bo pelini, i forgot about him, he's the right choice for Lsu, he's better than banda, in fact i wanted him as headcoach here over the penn disgrace morons, a straight goon. I luv the way he paces the sidelines when he knows their dominating or he's about to go off, lol. I like when we played them in the peach bowl, and kenny phillips kind of made a half *** tackle and got pushed back, bo was giving kp the business, got me hype, in the old days the whole team would've raised up besides kp. Coach oregon wants goons, diaz wants nice guys that the players like, bo pelini would have flake james shook, lol, that's a good look for lsu, he'll have them boiys more than likely playing better defense, that's an example of how you bring the boys back home, instead we letting coach shannon float out somewhere else instead of bringing him home. He's certified, national champion as a player and coach, broyles award winner, wont need coach diaz to hold his hand, in fact he'd teach coach diaz a thing or 2!

Seriously? Pelini is a guy who the fanbase of an FCS team wanted to fire as coach. The only reason why he wasn’t fired is because Tressel didn’t want to admit he made a bad coaching hire. Pelini’s predecessor was fired after actually posting a better record than he did.

You want a guy who was a corch at the FCS level to be our head coach?

Advertisement
Seriously? Pelini is a guy who the fanbase of an FCS team wanted to fire as coach. The only reason why he wasn’t fired is because Tressel didn’t want to admit he made a bad coaching hire. Pelini’s predecessor was fired after actually posting a better record than he did.

You want a guy who was a corch at the FCS level to be our head coach?

Do you even know bo pelini's full history, lol!

Advertisement
Stats are misleading: when you watch our defense play in and play out, you know that is not a top ten defense: missed tackles, busted assignments, lacked of gap assignment, couldn't covered the TE, or RB's : 4th and seventeen with NC, 3rd and 19 with FIU. Every time we needed a fourth quarter stop we didn't get it. Good lord I think VT 3rd string QB put 42 points on us : Fundamentally bad, **** our senior linebackers looked the same as they did their freshmen year, and Manny was their position coach :

I remember when schools would come and raid our coaching staff at the end of every year for a higher position on their staff. That doesn't happen anymore.

Advertisement
Back