Blake Baker Interviewed With LSU

And if coach shanon is interviewing or a candidate, that means he's available, so if baker dips out, bring onion home.
I like Norland as well but he struggled at UCF lately. I don't know if it was due to players or otherwise but I think that ship sailed.

Advertisement
Are we about to see some reversal if baker leaves that we’re back to hiring a dc?

That was my exact first thought as well. My guess is that Patke is just moved to LBs coach and then he finds another recruiter to add to the onfield staff in a low level position. Sounds like Manny is all in on taking the reigns of the defense this season.

I generally trust LSU when it comes to knowing there **** on defense..so maybe they know something we dont know about ole Baker. They seem to have been interested in him every offseason. If LSU wants you on their D as a position coach..thats saying something. Maybe Baker just wasnt a good fit here and will find success in a new environment.

That was my exact first thought as well. My guess is that Patke is just moved to LBs coach and then he finds another recruiter to add to the onfield staff in a low level position. Sounds like Manny is all in on taking the reigns of the defense this season.
If this goes down I'd expect/hope Manny tries to duplicate what happened on offense last offseason. Hire a LB coach with DC experience and different ideas. Now you have 3 former DCs on that side of the ball. Even Simpson was a DC in high school. This scenario is based on Manny still calling plays

I generally trust LSU when it comes to knowing there **** on defense..so maybe they know something we dont know about ole Baker. They seem to have been interested in him every offseason. If LSU wants you on their D as a position coach..thats saying something. Maybe Baker just wasnt a good fit here and will find success in a new environment.

Maybe Baker has got a BFF at LSU that we weren't aware of.... old flame maybe.

Last edited:
Advertisement

This is absolutely hilarious

giphy (6).gif

I’ll repeat from other Blake thread.

He’s on the last year of his deal. As I said a month ago “at the very least he’s done calling plays here , manny would take the d this season”. He’s tried to find other dc gigs and lb coach at LSU Is probably the best gig he’ll find. So yeah , the writing has been on the wall for awhile.
so does this mean Coach Diaz is Manny Savage, or Micro Mannyger?

Advertisement
See Bo Pelini to refute your thought process

There it is. But the fry guys just want to scream and rant on message boards and call out their checker moves.

Here is how I see it... and this is just my 2 cents...

We just opened the bank to get T-Rob and Simpson. Yes, T-Rob, the type of SEC goon we've been BEGGING for over the last couple of decades... and Simpson, a f'ing NFL DL coach that we know and love already. Amazing how little pub those power moves are getting here.

We still owe Baker another year's salary. That said, we actually went after a couple of guys for DC who were on Manny's wish list. We didn't land them. So instead of making a hysterical fry guy decision like firing the DC, eating his $ in a Covid-19 redline year, and getting STUCK for the next few years with another guy we don't think is the answer, Manny kept it CEO and demoted Baker, (and has encouraged him to seek a job elsewhere) and is going to call the plays himself (I know the fry guys are too busy being miserable but Manny is a top DC who most programs would open the bank for if he ever lost his HC job).

Then, next year, with another great recruiting class in the bank, another year of progress, the 2021 season's worth of revenue instead of this financial black hole season known as Covid-19, we go big game hunting for our DC.

assistant coach contracts are guaranteed?

Advertisement
Just going off of a couple (wink wink UNC/Clem) games last year it will be a tough departure to take but can I recommend a couple of candidates who can probably read an offense and then place the players in the best positions possible as well as the Bakester? At the least we have a couple of the greats to entertain us when or if things go south.

1611677622920.png

1611677750138.png

Why is he babysitting coaches? It's not his responsibility to find them jobs. It's his responsibility to win games
Because the U eats $1M if they fire him. Let it play out.

Regardless, When Manny Diaz called plays with Jess Simpson in 2018 the defense had its best season. The addition of TRob and Manny calling plays screams more man/press, less zone and a more aggressive D. Simpson preaches gap integrity/outside contain, hence, 2018 being our best defensive season. Get a new DC/LB coach or just LB coach and let’s roll.

Advertisement
Why is he babysitting coaches? It's not his responsibility to find them jobs. It's his responsibility to win games
I hear you but if you get your man a job at you company and you care about his career, then it's unlikely that you're just going to toss him out in the street when he underperforms without a landing spot. He already publicly neutered him and it seems like Baker started looking around for gigs himself after that. I hate it from a fan's perspective too but I understand it from a relationship/business perspective. Would be different if it wasn't one of "his guys" as we've seen already. That's not a Manny thing that's a broader issue.

Exactly, Manure is going to waste all this talent coming back this year to fire Baker after our D sucks again, just so he don't get the axe. If we suck again because of this ****, I hope they clean house, top to bottom, including Manure.

Advertisement
Back