Blades back!

He did play better than I expected cause I expected total bust. When he was labeled a five star early I thought possible 4 star guy but they rearranged it and knocked him down to 4 I believe. Unless I'm losing my memory I'm old.....I hope he does well he's a likable kid. I for one expect Mario to recruit that position on another level in the 23 class
It’s hard to judge based on coaching. He bubba Gil had great years than fell
Off. I think it was a lot of bad coaching.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Blades had an awesome 2019 season, average 2020 season and sat out due to injury. I think the potential is there and it's more of an out of sight out of mind thing. He wasn't part of the catastrophe we had this past season on defense which is a good thing

I feel ya bra... I aint balled this last year and I gont narn nil deals neither.

Advertisement
Come on mane’ that’s reckless talk.

When Campbell and Surtain turn us down…CIS “you included” said blades was the goods.
I did like Blades attitude and was ok cause he's a Blades but have been underwhelmed. Could be what alot of people said in Manny scheme not helping those dudes. One thing that got me mad is dude was streaming not watching his boys while they were playing. I don't think he was Campbell or Surtains level coming out.....if we had Mario than we may have gotten Campbell and maybe PS.

Maybe I’m not understanding but do you think the “special treatment” of a few players was better for team dynamics than all players being able to be compensated? This isn’t intended to be a “gotcha” question. I’m just trying to better understand your viewpoint.
Yes, I believe that small differences in compensation/benefits based upon performance foster healthy competition, whereas massive (10 fold) differences in compensation based upon a change in the environment (the compensation was not available when you were a hot commodity) foster resentment. This dynamic will disappear within the next few years as the pre-NIL students graduate.

Advertisement
Not to be a **** but pretty sure most of us thought his football career was over when he didn't play for a year and had a neck injury? Why would he think he would get an NIL deal when we weren't even sure if he was on the roster. Anyway, welcome back!

Y’all have short term memory or don’t pay attention. Blades would be our #2 cb if he can get back to what he was precovid as well as compete with TS for #1. He played good in just about all his starts.. i don’t remember ever hearing or seeing a “oh look Blades got cooked again” like we would see with Ivey or others

Advertisement
Yes, I believe that small differences in compensation/benefits based upon performance foster healthy competition, whereas massive (10 fold) differences in compensation based upon a change in the environment (the compensation was not available when you were a hot commodity) foster resentment. This dynamic will disappear within the next few years as the pre-NIL students graduate.
That’s not what I asked though. “Special treatment” was players being paid, while others (including contributing starters) received $0. Why would paying more players create anymore resentment than when a few were being paid money they technically were not allowed to be paid?

Frustrating player... Would shine then drop an easy pick.... Would be in position to make a tackle and get carried an extra 5 yards to give up a first down.

He has all the tools, the name, anyone who says they don't want him back is crazy.

Advertisement
Back