Billboard Pricing for those interested

Black White
28-22 28-22

Donna Shalala and the BOT say this is progress
This is not progress
Fire Al Golden

Something like that?

Put year 4 records in
Put fired by Shalala & BoT under black and retained by Shalala & BoT under white

Under that "What's the Difference? Fire Al Golden"

This just my humble thoughts

Where is that picture with RS and Al? It was posted on the WEZ And here.

This one?

EbMlaZX.jpg

Good start, are you able to add the words over that picture? What you came up with?

I just want to make sure we can use their likeness without threat of law suit. If that's not the case I think we should go with something similar to what the Jets fan Billboard was. Clean and to the point.

Advertisement
Black White
28-22 28-22

Donna Shalala and the BOT say this is progress
This is not progress
Fire Al Golden

Something like that?

Put year 4 records in
Put fired by Shalala & BoT under black and retained by Shalala & BoT under white

This one?

EbMlaZX.jpg

Can you use someone else's picture(likeness) without their approval? Maybe one of our forum legal eagles can chime in before spending the money on this one.

Put year 4 records in

This one?

EbMlaZX.jpg

Good start, are you able to add the words over that picture? What you came up with?

I just want to make sure we can use their likeness without threat of law suit. If that's not the case I think we should go with something similar to what the Jets fan Billboard was. Clean and to the point.

Obviously we need to make sure the STRONG message stays for the full week, we don't need them to take it down because of lack of consent.

We need to do the following:

1. Display the message (RS versus ALbortion),

2. Hold the parties accountable (Donna and Trustees), and

3. What we're looking for (Fire AL = Save The Program)

Leave the butch part off, we need to focus the message on the above. You throw Butch in there and you distract from the main intent.

Black side orange letters w Shannon's total and year four records
White half white w Goldens records.
Leave their names off

Across bottom. "What's the Difference?"
Under that. "Fire Al Golden"

Way to subtle. You either need their faces or at the very least their names on there. Smart guys like you understand subtlety; the average for passing it would be like "huh?".

Al Golden's record at UM
ACC Titles 0
Coastal Division Titles 0
Bowl Wins 0
Fire Al Golden!

Definitely keep comparisons out. It just sounds like you're lobbying to bring back Shannon.

It needs to be short like the above, but I'd remove the first line.

ACC Titles 0
Coastal Division Titles 0
Bowl Wins 0
Fire Al Golden

Advertisement
Don't use likeness or logo. You probably win in court but who wants to give them the opportunity?

Keep it simple. The jets fans had a good one

UM will go nuts if you put up billboards or if students show up with signs at the Bank United Center against Boston College. It's not a good idea, it hurts recruiting and the university please think twice.

LOL this is just too funny....

ok kids let me help you out here..

1. you CAN'T use anyone picture, likeness, logos, brand, etc without their approval.. and no it wont' even get to court (even if it does you'll lose) Clear Chanel will not allow it to even go up.

2. any racial undertones will be denied.

3. i don't know how big the relationship is between UM & Clear Chanel but if UM uses billboards there is a very high chance they will protest this and it won't go up

and some of you will learn soon. all those good location spots are booked months in advance... only those electronic ones that nobody even looks at will be available or ones that does not get enough attention.

your heart is in the right place but your just wasting time.. let the lawyers handle this they already are

Advertisement
here is a suggestion

save your money and time. There is absolutely nothing you can do that will "twist the BOTs hand" or anything close to it..

There are lots happening in the background just try not to let you stupidity get out of hand and make it 10x harder for the next coach.

p.s. anyone that tweets a recruit not to come here not only needs to have their IP banned form this website but the school should band them from coming to games.. that is just pure bull ****

Dumbest post I have read yet.

The harder we make it on the next coach, the more likely that coach is BUTCH, so it is all good. He was the only one that would take the job last time.

LOL this is just too funny....

ok kids let me help you out here..

1. you CAN'T use anyone picture, likeness, logos, brand, etc without their approval.. and no it wont' even get to court (even if it does you'll lose) Clear Chanel will not allow it to even go up.

2. any racial undertones will be denied.

3. i don't know how big the relationship is between UM & Clear Chanel but if UM uses billboards there is a very high chance they will protest this and it won't go up

and some of you will learn soon. all those good location spots are booked months in advance... only those electronic ones that nobody even looks at will be available or ones that does not get enough attention.

your heart is in the right place but your just wasting time.. let the lawyers handle this they already are

You just painted a dark picture and I think you are 100% correct with your statement.

You guys are fools
UM blocking an add that reads Fire Golden get real

if so Woody Johnson would have blocked that one, presidents woulld block them
UM cant find their ****z much less block our billboard

Advertisement
Advertisement
Bring this baby to fruition!!
Gonna be a cluster *** of a year, might as well have a sign showing we don't like it

I mean, is it really that much to ask to just have in big *** letters "FIRE AL" in green and orange?

Beautiful in its simplicity. Everyone would agree on the message.

Black and white to save printing costs.

FIRE AL GOLDEN

Spoke to a few people at Clear Channel briefly today, but my main contact wasn't at her desk. I sent her an email and I'll try her again tomorrow so we can get the ball rolling on this.

Advertisement
Back