Biggest Recruiting Misses?

This.

The Bridgewater miss as we all know had a lot do with the the bad breakup with Radio. Collateral damage unfortunately. But Lamar Jackson - no excuses. Our worst miss of the last 15 years, IMO.
Yup. Missing on Teddy cost us a lot. Going from TB to Lamar would've been program changing. Didn't losing Teddy also cost us Cooper? Which ended up costing us Jeudy, Ridley, Brooks, Hall, etc. That's a bad chain reaction of misses.

Advertisement
I was starting to think Josh Jobe was a big loss...but he ain't that good so there goes that.
I’m not a good judge of talent and maybe Jobe is not up to level of past Bama corners but if he’s a starter for Bama maybe he at least could provide solid help for us at a position of need. We’ve been so thin of reliable depth for a number of years. Maybe that’s changing, I don’t know.

Has anybody mentioned Patrick Johnson Peterson? I’m sure they must have I just don’t feel like reading through the entire nine pages.
Besides it’s time for my mid morning nap.

Advertisement
I believe Jacory was a senior when Bridgewater was being recruited. They didn't pick Harris over him. Golden fvcked that up.
jacory was already at UM and i think bridgewater started considering louisville when he saw how much hate jacory was getting from our fan base. that was when shannon was still coach. when golden took over i think he tried to win teddy back, to no avail.

Advertisement
jacory was already at UM and i think bridgewater started considering louisville when he saw how much hate jacory was getting from our fan base. that was when shannon was still coach. when golden took over i think he tried to win teddy back, to no avail.

Yep that sounds correct.

Has anybody mentioned Patrick Johnson Peterson? I’m sure they must have I just don’t feel like reading through the entire nine pages.
Besides it’s time for my mid morning nap.

Yeah, a bunch. He's probably top 3. I still recall a story that some insider on the boards shared once. The story goes that PJ had taken bags (and his dad, too) but was vacillating on his LSU commitment and showed up at the Hecht one day in mid Jan and asked Shannon if there was a chance he'd still take him. Supposedly Shannon told PJ to f4ck his own face. Not sure how legit that story was but it was shared by a trusted insider back in the day.

Advertisement
I’m not a good judge of talent and maybe Jobe is not up to level of past Bama corners but if he’s a starter for Bama maybe he at least could provide solid help for us at a position of need. We’ve been so thin of reliable depth for a number of years. Maybe that’s changing, I don’t know.
Burned way too much

Advertisement
These are some misses I remember:

Marshall Faulk
Jeff George
LeSean McCoy
Tamarick Vanover
Ground rules are post-2002, I think. I could name a lot from 1980’s and ‘90’s.

Derrick Brown, TE from Merritt Island who went to ND. He was a very big recruit. That was a very very big loss for us.

A RB named Leroy Thompson from Knoxville who went to PSU. JJ wanted him badly. Guys like Sterling Palmer who went to FSU.

We signed Willie Williams. That was a big recruiting loss for us.

Evan Neal stung. Whole family are canes fans.

Same with Justin flowe, who I think we had until we crapped the bed against duke, FIU, and Louisiana tech.
Flowe was a west coast kid. Can’t count him as a big miss. Neal, agree with you. Wasn’t he Cleveland Gary’s mephew or something?

Advertisement
Back