Biggest Recruiting Misses?

Shannon Destroyed UM in ref to recruiting....all that Radio MFer worried about was appeasing MNW and Booker T....completely alienating all the other Dade and Broward schools, and ****ing off all the other Dade and Broward HS Coaches....Golden to a certain extent actually was able to mend alot of fences...but the damage was already done....
Shannon definitely killed our ties with Central and Miramar when he was coach. We lost out on a lot of talent.

im still Shannon > Golden all day

Advertisement
Shannon definitely killed our ties with Central and Miramar when he was coach. We lost out on a lot of talent.

im still Shannon > Golden all day
Nah...Golden repaired alot of Shannons damage....but wouldn't get rid of his GF D'nofrio...

I don't know if this qualifies, but we landed Kirby Freeman and Michigan landed Chad Henne.

So what's the deal here?

Freeman came out of an elite 11 camp and looked to be destined for Purdue. Henne was coming down and the general sentiment was that after the visit he would commit. The coaches fell in love with Freeman there based on that alone as he had **** stats in high school.

We took Freeman, Henne canceled his trip, and the rest is history. Freeman was awful and Henne was a **** good college QB.

Ranked in order of importance:

1. Dalvin Cook: Self explanatory, in my opinion.
2. Teddy Bridgewater: He’s the QB that could have helped us turn the corner.
3. Amari Cooper: Started a trend
4. Patrick Johnson/Peterson: One of the best defensive players at all levels in the rivals era.
5. Calvin Ridley: This is what actually made the Amari Cooper thing a trend and not an anomaly.

Advertisement
Ones I remember stinging the most:

jacoby brissett
Tyler Byrd
Alex Collins
Matthew Thomas

and by far:
Antone Smith

Does LeSean McCoy count? He was once committed as a 5-star RB and then went to Milford Academy for a year before choosing Pitt over us.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The you pay the $$$ too. I don't want excuses, I want these studs staying in SoFla and us winning the ACC Coastal more times than Duke has. All kids are drawn by $ if it is offered, not just SoFla kids. If the SEC schools, OSU*, Clemson, etc are paying them, then do it. I personally believe playing and winning championships and sending kids to the NFL matters more, but that's just me. It's always easy to just holler "$$$$$$$BAGS!!!!!!!!!!!!" as an excuse.

Make it happen here, whatever it takes
Najee Harris and his mom was practically homeless homie. Fast forward a couple years later she relocates to tuscaloosa and he's riding around in a nice whip. It's DEFINITELY about the bags.

Advertisement
Dalvin Cook, Teddy Bridgewater, Lamar Jackson

I know we have missed on a lot but Cook was unstoppable in collage.
Lamar and Cook would have played together for at least 2 years. Also Ahmmon Richards would have played with them too unreal
Teddy, Duke, Phillip Dorsett, Walford, and Hurns together

Those 3 could have changed a lot of things for us.

Yes. It was always going to be a tough battle-- and we recruited Cook hard-- but it's worth nothing that James Coley preferred Yearby.

Didn't we recruit Cook after the fact Yearby got injured? Also, wasn’t it something like our treatment of Freeman’s recruitment that came back & bit us?

Advertisement
Back