Biggest Recruiting Misses?

Canes Legacy

Senior
Premium
On our Youtube show last night, one of the viewers suggested we rank the biggest recruiting misses and we thought why the **** not. Any why not get the board involved?

We're going to define "miss" as guys we wanted but couldn't land in the end. This could mean we got on them late, slow played them, or just got flat out beat. This isn't for guys we never offered or didn't want (ie, Tutu Atwell). We'll give the timetable of 2002 and on (Rivals era).

Who are some names that come to mind as guys that got away and it really hurt our program?

Advertisement
On our Youtube show last night, one of the viewers suggested we rank the biggest recruiting misses and we thought why the **** not. Any why not get the board involved?

We're going to define "miss" as guys we wanted but couldn't land in the end. This could mean we got on them late, slow played them, or just got flat out beat. This isn't for guys we never offered or didn't want (ie, Tutu Atwell). We'll give the timetable of 2002 and on (Rivals era).

Who are some names that come to mind as guys that got away and it really hurt our program?
This will be long, long list. Start with STA kids, then kids Bama and Ohio State poached.

Most recently I'll go with Jason Marshall.... Obviously we don't know how bad it will hurt our program as of yet but we really could have used a DB of his caliber considering how bad our secondary needs help....

Advertisement
Advertisement
I was starting to think Josh Jobe was a big loss...but he ain't that good so there goes that.
I understand mock drafts are mock drafts but there is a general consensus that Jobe is a 1st round pick. I get that there's this bias towards him being crap because he didn't come here but to say he ain't good...idk man.

You may be right and he gets exposed this year but the likelihood is he's a pretty decent prospect and would be incredibly hyped by Canes fans if he was an actual Cane.

Some older ones included (did not look at last few years) we had a legit chance at that would have been good here imo:

Dee Webb
Patrick Johnson
Antone Smith
Dee Morley
Fred Rouse
Preston Parker
Armando Allen
Devonta Freeman
Teddy Bridgewater
Ryan Shazier
Eli Rogers
Amari Cooper
Matthew Thomas
Alex Collins
Denver Kirkland
Travis Rudolph
Sony
Dalvin
Isiah McKenzie
Ridley/SBB
Dexter Williams
Carlton Davis
Antonio Calloway
Brian Burns
Bonnitto

Advertisement
Good list above..

Add Ricky Jean Francois to it.

Patrick Peterson (later changed his name to Johnson) was the biggest local loss to me. That one really bummed me out.

Also, we really were in it for Adrian Peterson. We all know what he became, but I still remember people downplaying his game as a hedge in case he didn't come. Saying he ran too high, etc.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back