Big 10 claps back at NU.

If there are no fans in the stands, the economy will be killed even if they play. The money comes from the fans. So Are the fans still going to come but just not go to the actual game?
Shhhh!!!! You'll ruin the narrative. These college town economies will just survive on the peace of mind that fans can watch the games at home. Kinda also like all these schools would somehow be forced to immediately banish these kids from campus to face an immediate and certain death back in the hood if there's no football.

I wish people would have a little intellectual honesty and just make this argument based off ammunition provided from the Dook doctor, etc. Otherwise you're really kinda just like the legalize weed crowd that would try to convince people that cannabis could cure pancreatic cancer and hemp could be used to build low cost housing instead of just sticking to admitting they want to enjoy it recreationally and the criminal penalties were insane.

Advertisement
Where are the Cornsucker's going to transfer too? Because a couple of upper-echelon SEC suits already told them... WE DON'T NEED YOU! LMFAO

And dig this too. I doubt the Big 12 welcomes them back into the conference. Because a lot of " political blood " was shed between the two entities when bolted the conference. And again, they don't need them anyways! Because the Big 12 is dong quite fine in both football and men's basketball. And as my main man Finebaum said this morning on ESPN radio. Herbie CornSUCKER's haven't been relevant in both football and men's basketball the past twenty years.

I'm guessing Nebraska could always " transfer " to the Mountain West conference. Then they could get back to winning in both men's team sports. LOL
They need to "transfer" back in the Big 12 with Oklahoma. That was one of the best rivalries ever.

Nebraska should always be a Big 12 team, just like A&M and Missouri. WVU should be an ACC team and Notre Dame should *** off. Some of these conference realignments have been horrible for fan bases.
Miami should be a SEC team..nonetheless your right. Conferences don’t make much Sense..but it makes $ense

His president voted No so why is he still exploring options?

Comnish gonna tell OSU pres to get your man under control?
20200812_140235.jpg

Nebraska should always be a Big 12 team, just like A&M and Missouri. WVU should be an ACC team and Notre Dame should *** off. Some of these conference realignments have been horrible for fan bases.
Conferences have gotten too bloated now. I wish it would go back to Big East, ACC, SEC, Big 10, Big 8, SWC, Pac 10. Everyone plays each other in conference.

Advertisement
Miami should be a SEC team..nonetheless your right. Conferences don’t make much Sense..but it makes $ense
I have no problem with Miami being in the SEC as long as we are allowed to play by the same rules 💰 💰 💰.

But the reality would be is that teams like Bama UGA Tennessee LSU etc would be allowed to do w.e. they want and Miami would have a microscope over them.

Advertisement
They need to "transfer" back in the Big 12 with Oklahoma. That was one of the best rivalries ever.
But can the Big XII offer them a $52M per year TV deal like the Big X does? Sure NU makes a lot of money without a TV deal, but $52M is a lot to leave on the table, a lot!!!

Advertisement
A lot of dummies in this thread that don’t understand from a revenue perspective Big 10 is King. Yes even past the SEC. once they locked up the NYC market it was curtains for any other conference surpassing them. It’s why ACC should have tried to take Rutgers and PSU. That NYC market alone would have guaranteed Miami 60-70 million dollar paychecks off TV money alone. Nebraska is garbage. Big 10 wcould let them go and get better schools like Pitt or Cuse. You guys look at this from a football perspective and not what really matters. Always follow the money and frankly Nebraska doesn’t add much in the regard.

A lot of dummies in this thread that don’t understand from a revenue perspective Big 10 is King. Yes even past the SEC. once they locked up the NYC market it was curtains for any other conference surpassing them. It’s why ACC should have tried to take Rutgers and PSU. That NYC market alone would have guaranteed Miami 60-70 million dollar paychecks off TV money alone. Nebraska is garbage. Big 10 wcould let them go and get better schools like Pitt or Cuse. You guys look at this from a football perspective and not what really matters. Always follow the money and frankly Nebraska doesn’t add much in the regard.
Tried for two days to explain who Nebraska really is, they old news. Told the fellas the Huskers and any other Big 10 team had zero chance of playing a college football game this fall. I have a source in football ops at OSU, been telling these people for 6 weeks what up. Additionally the remaining Power 3 are far from playing this season, plenty of moving parts. Situation is changing by the hour.

Advertisement
They aren't stuck. Legal battle for sure, but if they gain an ally in BiG XII....

Does the grant of rights cover natural disasters? Nebraska might be able to attack via fiduciary responsibility and/or liquidated damages.

How bad does another conference want them?

Then again, we are ultimately talking about academic betas...so in the end, they will likely tuck tail until a moment in the future for a "clean" break...
Academic betas! Perfect phrase.

I have no problem with Miami being in the SEC as long as we are allowed to play by the same rules 💰 💰 💰.

But the reality would be is that teams like Bama UGA Tennessee LSU etc would be allowed to do w.e. they want and Miami would have a microscope over them.

I think Miami would receive plenty of top cover by the SEC as they would assist with elevating Miami back to the perennial power they once were.

But can the Big XII offer them a $52M per year TV deal like the Big X does? Sure NU makes a lot of money without a TV deal, but $52M is a lot to leave on the table, a lot!!!
I don't disagree with you. I'm not saying it's going to happen unless there is a reshaping of the entire college football scene because of all this Corona crap.

Advertisement
Back