Big 10 claps back at NU.

Advertisement
If anyone doubts the way these sports media Corona bros are portraying this, go and read Thamel’s article. It’s condescending and panders to the fear ****. It’s obvious Warren has been these guys source since day 1. Warren is the definition of incompetence and this does everything but cup his balls. I hope all these writers lose their jobs. **** suckers

news outlets up here are reporting how bad this will be for the local economy if Nebraska doesn't play.
if i was a betting man id say they are gonna bounce. if they do other teams wont be scared to bounce either.
someone should start a prediction thread :cool:
Do yourself a favor, save your money!

Im not saying financially. The SEC is a huge cash cow however traditional rivalries died which screws over the fanbase. Imagine Miami not playing FSU or VT every year.
I can imagine Miami not playing VT. I'm still ****ed about the lawsuit those Miami-wannabe's foisted on us.

Advertisement
big 10 is toast if one team leaves then look for a avalanche.
Just curious .... where are they going? See below before you answer.

Nebraska has no leverage, zero. Here are 759 MILLION reasons!
For the 2018 fiscal year, the Big Ten reported almost $759 million in revenue, and the 12 schools receiving full shares each got roughly $54 million.Jan 30, 2020
1597198835392.png

USA Today › sec › 2020/01/30

SEC generated $721 million in revenue, but still trails Big Ten

Contrary to popular belief here the Big 10 is strong. See above for proof.​

Advertisement
You

Just curious .... where are they going? See below before you answer.

Nebraska has no leverage, zero. Here are 759 MILLION reasons!
For the 2018 fiscal year, the Big Ten reported almost $759 million in revenue, and the 12 schools receiving full shares each got roughly $54 million.Jan 30, 2020
1597198835392.png

USA Today › sec › 2020/01/30

SEC generated $721 million in revenue, but still trails Big Ten

Contrary to popular belief here the Big 10 is strong. See above for proof.​

nebraska will bounce. no football will kill the Lincoln economy. the state runs on football. they will figure out a way to make up some of the lost money

SEC has low key been reaching out to several schools about creating a 1 year conference. Im sure they can find some great suitors in these two conferences.

Big 10 commissioner looks terrible right now. They tried to guilt everybody into not playing and now he has screwed over all of his coaches and programs. Only guy who looks worse is the Pac-12 commish Larry Scott blindly following their lead

Advertisement
What could also happen is maybe a school like Nebraska could go up to a TV Network that has so many time slots to Fill because of the Pac and Big cancellations.

They can say hey we know we are going to lose some money and be fined but can you cover us for for this season if we sign an exclusive deal to be your network? The ratings will be through the roof especially for the local affiliates and people tuning into the "rebellious" team that just wants to play.

That can help ease the financial burden if they are serious about leaving the Conference but I do not know what is says within their contract with the Big10 and I am not a lawyer.

So I guess Nebraska is stuck. The Big 10 pays them too much yearly to do anything. Is that about it or would they bolt?
If Nebraska cared more about having a competitive football team that at least had a chance/prayer to ever win a national championship again they use this opportunity to go back to the big 12 hat in hand and beg them to let them come back. But money talks and everything else walks and like you said the big ten can pay them way way more to Be nothing more then a middle of the road team that will never compete.

Advertisement
nebraska will bounce. no football will kill the Lincoln economy. the state runs on football. they will figure out a way to make up some of the lost money
They better find Houdini. This isn’t like turning in a rental car at the airport, There are hundreds of millions of dollars of contracts involved here. You act like Lincoln Nebraska is the only city that is going to lose revenue because the Big Ten canceled football.

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone doubts the way these sports media Corona bros are portraying this, go and read Thamel’s article. It’s condescending and panders to the fear ****. It’s obvious Warren has been these guys source since day 1. Warren is the definition of incompetence and this does everything but cup his balls. I hope all these writers lose their jobs. **** suckers
Grim Thamel has been pounding the cancel football drum for months. Must be killing that miserable **** to see some conferences standing tall because he's been guaranteeing cancellation for months.

They aren't stuck. Legal battle for sure, but if they gain an ally in BiG XII....

Does the grant of rights cover natural disasters? Nebraska might be able to attack via fiduciary responsibility and/or liquidated damages.

How bad does another conference want them?

Then again, we are ultimately talking about academic betas...so in the end, they will likely tuck tail until a moment in the future for a "clean" break...
Would love to see this commissioner tell Michigan or Ohio St to kick rocks because there is talk they want to do the same
Michigan and OSU are loyal to the Big Ten. They won’t rock the boat.

Advertisement
Back