Big 10 claps back at NU.

Advertisement
So I guess Nebraska is stuck. The Big 10 pays them too much yearly to do anything. Is that about it or would they bolt?

1597233469499.png

Advertisement
news outlets up here are reporting how bad this will be for the local economy if Nebraska doesn't play.
if i was a betting man id say they are gonna bounce. if they do other teams wont be scared to bounce either.
someone should start a prediction thread :cool:

You have to wonder if the players are going to go along with this. Michigan players are bashing their own president and the empty headed commissioner (was he fired from his NFL job?) I just hope the other 4 conferences stick to their guns.

Aside from all of the lost TV revenue, ticket sales for athletic budgets, this really hits some of the small towns in the gut economy wise (think of Purdue out in the middle of nowhere, Lincoln Nebraska etc.) Talk about throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think the SEC move was a win for A&M. More money and more visibility for them.
Im not saying financially. The SEC is a huge cash cow however traditional rivalries died which screws over the fanbase. Imagine Miami not playing FSU or VT every year.

Advertisement
So I guess Nebraska is stuck. The Big 10 pays them too much yearly to do anything. Is that about it or would they bolt?
They aren't stuck. Legal battle for sure, but if they gain an ally in BiG XII....

Does the grant of rights cover natural disasters? Nebraska might be able to attack via fiduciary responsibility and/or liquidated damages.

How bad does another conference want them?

Then again, we are ultimately talking about academic betas...so in the end, they will likely tuck tail until a moment in the future for a "clean" break...

You have to wonder if the players are going to go along with this. Michigan players are bashing their own president and the empty headed commissioner (was he fired from his NFL job?) I just hope the other 4 conferences stick to their guns.

Aside from all of the lost TV revenue, ticket sales for athletic budgets, this really hits some of the small towns in the gut economy wise (think of Purdue out in the middle of nowhere, Lincoln Nebraska etc.) Talk about throwing the baby out with the bath water.
What’s their other option? Defect, lose their scholarships, negotiate their own tv and stadium contracts, and ask their coaches to lose their jobs in order to coach them?

Advertisement
Back