Big 10 claps back at NU.

So I guess Nebraska is stuck. The Big 10 pays them too much yearly to do anything. Is that about it or would they bolt?

Im confused as to where this money is gonna come from? They aren’t making any revenue from fall sports and I wouldn’t be surprised if the tv deals weren’t at least tried in court. How can you get paid for something you don’t do? I’m sure there’s a clause in those contracts that explains it all.

Advertisement
nebraska will bounce. no football will kill the Lincoln economy. the state runs on football. they will figure out a way to make up some of the lost money
Just curious where all this money is going to come from. You think they will fill the stadium? You think the tv money will be significant? It wont. The Nd nbc deal is $15m a year. Nebraska playing a crap schedule is probably worth less than 1/3 of that

Michigan and OSU are loyal to the Big Ten. They won’t rock the boat.

Id even say Michigan and OSU are the boat for the B10. Those guys can say whatever they eant without repercussions.

Ryan Day said if the season was cancelled they would explore other opportunities and explore all options. Big 10 commish said nothing

Frost says it and he tell Nebraska to kick rocks if they dont like it.

Just curious where all this money is going to come from. You think they will fill the stadium? You think the tv money will be significant? It wont. The Nd nbc deal is $15m a year. Nebraska playing a crap schedule is probably worth less than 1/3 of that
Not necessarily. The network will have a lot of time slots to fill. The bowl season alone is huge. People can only watch 30 year old Jeopardy reruns so often.

Advertisement
Im confused as to where this money is gonna come from? They aren’t making any revenue from fall sports and I wouldn’t be surprised if the tv deals weren’t at least tried in court. How can you get paid for something you don’t do? I’m sure there’s a clause in those contracts that explains it all.
I’m thinking in the future when they start back up.

Nebraska should always be a Big 12 team, just like A&M and Missouri. WVU should be an ACC team and Notre Dame should *** off. Some of these conference realignments have been horrible for fan bases.

WVU sucks academically. So doesn't belong with the ACC. I would rather have Penn State. Much better market, school, and football team.

Advertisement
There's always an opportunist and an innovative way to make money in a dire situation.

Go up to Amazon and say look you can be our exclusive Nebraska Web tv streamer for our games and team practices like hard knocks.

Negotiate with Satellite radio for official radio rights.

In 2020 where there's a will there is a way. Can't have negative Nancies pull you down and say you cannot do that.

You have to go out there and hustle and make things happen if you want to survive. Think outside the box.

Learned long ago....Always follow the $$$ if you ever want to know the truth.

I cant prove it one way or another (nor can anyone except TV or the conferences)

BUT.... I have a strong feeling that the conferences with TV contracts may get paid regardless of whether there is a season or not.

Advertisement
Id even say Michigan and OSU are the boat for the B10. Those guys can say whatever they eant without repercussions.

Ryan Day said if the season was cancelled they would explore other opportunities and explore all options. Big 10 commish said nothing

Day's opinion doesn't matter. This is being driven by the presidents, and the presidents for OSU and Michigan are on board with cancelling fall football.

That’s because frost came out with a joint statement with the School president, who voted for a season. Day said it in direct condradiction to his president, who voted for no season. The presidents have the power, the coaches are just talking heads in this decision making process.

Advertisement
They aren't stuck. Legal battle for sure, but if they gain an ally in BiG XII....

Does the grant of rights cover natural disasters? Nebraska might be able to attack via fiduciary responsibility and/or liquidated damages.

How bad does another conference want them?

Then again, we are ultimately talking about academic betas...so in the end, they will likely tuck tail until a moment in the future for a "clean" break...
Time to break is now. Go with fiduciary responsibility.

That’s because frost came out with a joint statement with the School president, who voted for a season. Day said it in direct condradiction to his president, who voted for no season. The presidents have the power, the coaches are just talking heads in this decision making process.

Wonder how much influence boosters have in all this.

Why would the SEC want them ?The rest of the conference’s are poor compared to the SEC and big 10
2078926-Freddie-Mercury-Quote-I-want-it-all-and-I-want-it-now.jpg

Advertisement
Back