Big 10 and PAC 12 v. ACC, SEC and Big 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never really thought of it that way but I take your point. To me, conservative ideas are lower taxes, less spending, smaller government, non-socialized medicine. The lines have clearly been blurred but I believe that the Republicans believe in more of this than the Democrats do at this point.
Unfortunately, they’ve had to jump into religion and abortion and all the other religious right redneck issues to stay electable.

That’s where the message that Republicans stand for less government schtick falls terribly flat and Is patently hypocritical. They’re for less government when it appeals to their voter base and more government when that appeals to their voter base. This is why politics is a sham and the biggest nerd sport going.

Advertisement
Hopefully the ACC, SEC, and Big12 are having some behind the scene discussions on joining forces for the 2020 season. Maybe do the winner of each and one at large making a 4 team playoff or even bringing in the top 5 non league champions and doing an end of the year 8 team playoff.

the bowl games are screwed so go all in on a mini tournament at the end of the season

Last edited:
Hopefully the ACC, SEC, and Big12 are having some behind the scene discussions on joining forces for the 2020 season. Maybe do the winner of each and one at large making a 4 team playoff or even bringing in the top 5 non league champions and doing an end of the year 8 team playoff.

the bowl games are screwed so go all in on a mini tournament at the end of the season

Believe it or not. The mighty Big 12 will be the next conference to forgo the season in the Year of the Disease. So that leaves Grump's beloved conferences playing football and what not.

Was your aunt playing organized football when she caught it? Is your aunt a 20 year old athlete in peak physical condition?

No one with any sense doubts that Covid can kill and maim. MY beef with the “shut down football” quacks is that it’s all PR based and not a matter of health.

If it’s truly about the health of players, then there’s been zero proof that sending 20 year olds home with nothing to do will reduce the chances they catch VID. In fact, most schools are reporting much smaller infection rates than is being seen in the general population in the same age group.
And if they’re back home with their family they’re gonna give it to their parents and grandparents. Canceling football will more likely kill more than not. Exactly why I refused to go home to my parents when my company went to remote work.

Advertisement
I'm not going to get into politics here, but I will say labeling Democrats as extreme liberals is the same as labeling Republicans right wing conservative extremists. Most people are somewhere in the middle far from the fringes.

I can see U haven't been around the political block very much, and I sense your under the age of thirty. And dig this too. If you voted in 2016, I lay even money odds you voted for the current POTUS, which is all I need to know about you and all that. Ouch.

Never really thought of it that way but I take your point. To me, conservative ideas are lower taxes, less spending, smaller government, non-socialized medicine. The lines have clearly been blurred but I believe that the Republicans believe in more of this than the Democrats do at this point.
Yah. I don't see many of those things going on. I think the term "socialized medicine" is used for fear mongering in the US. We're the only G7 country without national healthcare. In fact, the US is in the minority with the entire world when it comes to not having universal or free healthcare (see the map)

We pay twice as much for healthcare, but it's not as good as other countries. This is not political. It's just a fact.

We have socialization that is widely accepted such as our schools, our parks, our water, our roads, our agriculture (subsidies). So, some things that are socialized are good.

Last edited:
I can see U haven't been around the political block very much, and I sense your under the age of thirty. And dig this too. If you voted in 2016, I lay even money odds you voted for the current POTUS, which is all I need to know about you and all that. Ouch.
Your wrong on all counts. Show me the money!!! :greedy-dollars: lol

Advertisement
They should let the republicans play football only, it would be a bunch of white dudes with man ****
And so we get an example of why CFB may be destined to be politicized, with one side leaning towards its outright banning for injury reasons and the other steadfastly wanting it to continue. One group of states will want it eliminated, another will champion it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
1597191966603.png

Is the modified acc schedule going to be the same or is it going to be reworked with the other conferences? Seems like a good opportunity to get acc / sec crossover.

I hope they throw it out and do something more interesting. Would like to see Miami v Oklahoma.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back