Big 10 and PAC 12 v. ACC, SEC and Big 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
don't know if it's been brought up but is Conference USA planning to play? would we just scratch the UAB game if not? or try to find a replacement?

Advertisement
I won't, as long as you don't confuse being a partisan hack & ideologue with being well-informed & knowledgeable. At the same time I know that you suffer from dementia & incontinence, so I'm willing to cut you a little slack, because you don't have many more days left.

You give me way too much credit...this cat is way more athletic.

I'm still younger than Franchise though. Keep laughing simp.

Ha.

don't know if it's been brought up but is Conference USA planning to play? would we just scratch the UAB game if not? or try to find a replacement?
I'll take the two that voted to play in the Big 10...
giphy.gif
tenor.gif

You make a good point chise, especially the last paragraph. But I also don’t like the looks I get from some people when I tell them I identify more with republicans than democrats. It’s like I have some kind of disease or something just because I believe in conservative ideas and don’t follow along with whatever (in my view) extreme idea the left comes up with next.
You ever thought some conservative ideas are extreme? What is consertism anyway? I'm really asking. It's just a name to me because a lot of tradional things have gone by the wayside.

Advertisement
paid professionals dude. if CFB players were paid employees, there wouldnt even be a debate about whether or not to play the season.

also, there are NFL Players who did opt out of the season (dolphins have a few including one of their better WRs)
The fact that they're paid is non sequitur. The health risk is the same. The virus does not stop and ask if you are getting paid before it infects you. Also, the fact that they're professional and doing it by choice is no different than the NCAA allowing athletes to opt out.

So I guess some random statistician told them playing football would increase this condition. If this is their argument, they are grasping at straws. Unless I'm wrong, the players have been working out all summer. Under their argument, a lot more players should already have this.
It's All HorseCrap - One More Time : The Covid 19. Is A Fraud

As someone who caught it and was hospitalized 7 days. I can tell you, a lot of survivors’ lives will never be the same. It’s the long term effects people worry about. I now have a stent in my heart at 33 years old and was otherwise healthy as an ox. 99% recovery rate but what percentage of survivors are ***ked up for life?
Thanks for posting this. Glad you’re doing better and got through it. I’ve had a few aunts and uncles hospitalized. Aunt been intubated for 3 weeks now. Half this board still won’t believe you unfortunately. They’ll tell you it’s all a lie unless it’s them telling you the “truth.”

Advertisement
FIFY

All jokes aside --

Even with a bad recession in 1980 to bring down the averages, employment rose sharply, the economy expanded at a healthy clip, personal incomes rose and federal deficits declined during Carter’s four years in office.

Of the presidents who’ve served in the past 40 years, only Clinton’s presidency saw faster job growth than Carter’s, and only Clinton had lower federal deficits.

I'm just calling it based on the numbers. Carter was a joke elsewhere.
The Economy In 1977 & 78. Was Fine & Possibly Even Better Than That Until The Federal Reserve Jacked Up Interest Rates To 18 % Or Something - Carter Was There As Sub Teacher Holding It Warm For GEORGE WALKER BUSH SR. Until Reagan & His West Coast Faction Backing Messed Up The Narrative, But A Bush & Their Faction That Includes The " CIA " Threatened The Reagan Faction To Take On GWB Sr. Who Being The Demonic That He Is Took Over The White House In No Time, THERE WAS NO REAGAN PRESIDENCY - It Was A CIA. Special With George Walker Bush At The Control - If The Shots Would Have It Reagan As Was Planned(CIA & Bush Syndicate) We Woulda Had Georgy As Prez. Out In The Open Instead Of Stealth - The 1980s Was The Bush Crime Family Era - Nothing Is Ever Explained - The 18 % Interest Rates Came & Went With A Whimper & No Demand For An Explanation

Thanks for posting this. Glad you’re doing better and got through it. I’ve had a few aunts and uncles hospitalized. Aunt been intubated for 3 weeks now. Half this board still won’t believe you unfortunately. They’ll tell you it’s all a lie unless it’s them telling you the “truth.”
Nobody wants to see people suffer. Likewise, making a decision that affects millions of people and the economies of hundreds of schools shouldn't be done without actual numbers, not anecdotal evidence.

I hope your aunt gets better soon.

You ever thought some conservative ideas are extreme? What is consertism anyway? I'm really asking. It's just a name to me because a lot of tradional things have gone by the wayside.
Historically, conservatism means less change. To be conservative means continue with status quo, or as much as possible. It also means limited government and more personal liberties under the belief that individuals and business can make better decisions over the short and long term than government. Adam Smith would be considered a conservative as would his “invisible hand” theory.

In reality, conservatives and liberals are 2 sides of the same coin. Liberals want more government involvement in the economy and environment, and conservatives have accepted more government involvement in social issues, and frankly economics but in a different way.

Which is a long-winded way of writing that it’s all bull**** and 99% of people who claim some specific political ideology are also bull****.

Advertisement
Was your aunt playing organized football when she caught it? Is your aunt a 20 year old athlete in peak physical condition?

No one with any sense doubts that Covid can kill and maim. MY beef with the “shut down football” quacks is that it’s all PR based and not a matter of health.

If it’s truly about the health of players, then there’s been zero proof that sending 20 year olds home with nothing to do will reduce the chances they catch VID. In fact, most schools are reporting much smaller infection rates than is being seen in the general population in the same age group.

Historically, conservatism means less change. To be conservative means continue with status quo, or as much as possible. It also means limited government and more personal liberties under the belief that individuals and business can make better decisions over the short and long term than government. Adam Smith would be considered a conservative as would his “invisible hand” theory.

In reality, conservatives and liberals are 2 sides of the same coin. Liberals want more government involvement in the economy and environment, and conservatives have accepted more government involvement in social issues, and frankly economics but in a different way.

Which is a long-winded way of writing that it’s all bull**** and 99% of people who claim some specific political ideology are also bull****.
Thanks.

Never really thought of it that way but I take your point. To me, conservative ideas are lower taxes, less spending, smaller government, non-socialized medicine. The lines have clearly been blurred but I believe that the Republicans believe in more of this than the Democrats do at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back