Beverly in the portal

I confess I held my breath more during Wong's 6 awful games ( 9 for 61) and four times 4 turnovers. I was happy too see Sir B enter the game then.

Of course Wong was ACC Player of the Year, so must have done some good things too, lol. Maybe its an expectations thing, this breath-holding?
I can’t disagree about Wong but i also felt like Wong could break out at any moment during a game. So it was our expectations IMO. Whereas with our bench players I found myself constantly looking at the clock wondering if the starters were ready to re-enter.

Advertisement
I’m not convinced there are players stepping up outside of Ruiz. Where were all those additional deals for Wong Ruiz mentioned he’d help him get? Plus John has been exceptionally quiet so far. Maybe he’s lying low, but that’s not his personality.

The fact remains, we’re late to the transfer market thanks to the tourney run, have more misses than (known) targets, Lifewallet’s stock has done poorly and NIL players have caught up nationwide.
You’re not convinced because people aren’t flapping their gums? There are a lot of NIL sources out there that aren’t obnoxious about it. Contrary to popular belief, Ruiz isn’t the only rich guy that cares about Miami athletics.

Let the process play out and then whine about the results, don’t start the process with this stuff.

You’re not convinced because people aren’t flapping their gums? There are a lot of NIL sources out there that aren’t obnoxious about it. Contrary to popular belief, Ruiz isn’t the only rich guy that cares about Miami athletics.

Let the process play out and then whine about the results, don’t start the process with this stuff.
Fair points.

Time will tell.

Advertisement
Beverly ended up a shell of what he showed early on. There are better players out there it could be L might have not given him the thumbs up.

speaking of "other resources" someone at FB pointed this out (good to make this known I guess)
1681167881557.png

Beverly ended up a shell of what he showed early on. There are better players out there it could be L might have not given him the thumbs up.
Dont know any details, but in the FB group some are saying Bev had a sideline blowup with Coach L in The Texas game about something. Wonder if it was PT.

Very, very difficult to get a depth piece out of the portal. Guys are in the portal because they want to find a starting/featured role.

Bev is exploring his options for PT and NIL. That’s it - nothing more, nothing less.

What you’re describing applies more (in different terms) to the first three into the portal.

Advertisement
Very, very difficult to get a depth piece out of the portal. Guys are in the portal because they want to find a starting/featured role.

Bev is exploring his options for PT and NIL. That’s it - nothing more, nothing less.

What you’re describing applies more (in different terms) to the first three into the portal.
I know it's blasphemy to do anything but worship Coach L always, but thinking Lykes, Cross, Newton, others, and now Beverly... while PT (and maybe NIL or NIL-jealousy) has a significant role, it's far from clear what the chemistry was between these 2 (or others) in a very competitive and uncertain arena. Some are saying Bev's body language was lacking a bit last dozen games... I noted it and thought maybe was his back, but maybe he wasn't such a happy camper, despite the Fine Finish.

After the ride L has taken us on in the last two years, I think the man has earned some slack. Dude knows what he is doing.
in the games Bev played 12 minutes or more, he was 44 for 81 (54%)... slurp all you want but I think Bev maybe has legit portal perspective

I know it's blasphemy to do anything but worship Coach L always, but thinking Lykes, Cross, Newton, others, and now Beverly... while PT (and maybe NIL or NIL-jealousy) has a significant role, it's far from clear what the chemistry was between these 2 (or others) in a very competitive and uncertain arena. Some are saying Bev's body language was lacking a bit last dozen games... I noted it and thought maybe was his back, but maybe he wasn't such a happy camper, despite the Fine Finish.

It’s not blasphemy… for the most part it’s just a lack of knowledge and understanding of why and how things happened.

The fact that you could mention Cross in a context that is even remotely critical or questioning of L is… really, really, strange?

I mean… honestly…. take a second and think about your post.

You’re hinting at criticizing a coach because the 7th man is exploring his transfer options in this day and age?

C’mon man.

The biggest problem with this board is people thinking they know 1/10000th of what L has forgotten about coaching, development, strategy, or roster management… without even knowing the actual facts of any particular situation. Apparently the lesson of @cyrez8 was not learned around here.

Advertisement
It’s not blasphemy… for the most part it’s just a lack of knowledge and understanding of why and how things happened.

The fact that you could mention Cross in a context that is even remotely critical or questioning of L is… really, really, strange?

I mean… honestly…. take a second and think about your post.

You’re hinting at criticizing a coach because the 7th man is exploring his transfer options in this day and age?

C’mon man.

The biggest problem with this board is people thinking they know 1/10000th of what L has forgotten about coaching, development, strategy, or roster management… without even knowing the actual facts of any particular situation. Apparently the lesson of @cyrez8 was not learned around here.
sorry, roster management has NOT been Coach L's cup of tea, often far from it. those years where we couldn't even field a practice and TCGRAD and others gave us insights about his unfortunate slot and scholarship choices was not an exaggeration. I think Beverly is a big loss and we might regret it. I feel more might have been doable to keep him. These 4 exits and lack of sparkling portal promising situations certainly doesn't give me the warmest fuzzy feeling, even if there's some leftover from the great season. and Coach L's great achievement.

Jesus you're being insufferable about this.

Also, anyone complaining about NIL needs to show proof of how much they've donated. Literally every D1 school has a Collective or something similar. We apparently though just have posters like @jkdood and @casualcane who complain about Ruiz.

sorry, roster management has NOT been Coach L's cup of tea, often far from it. those years where we couldn't even field a practice and TCGRAD and others gave us insights about his unfortunate slot and scholarship choices was not an exaggeration. I think Beverly is a big loss and we might regret it. I feel more might have been doable to keep him. These 4 exits and lack of sparkling portal promising situations certainly doesn't give me the warmest fuzzy feeling, even if there's some leftover from the great season. and Coach L's great achievement.

How much have you given to NIL? Step up and pay for some transfers

Advertisement
How much have you given to NIL? Step up and pay for some transfers
Nothing to do with my NIL or donations... has to do with 2019-2021 as a dedicated fan I sat through this:

1681174432060.png

All the slurping as if this never happened and his roster management wasn't largely responsible just irks me (even if he's the best Coach we ever had, and a legend)

You know I get that message boards are where people who couldn’t get hired as a film room assistant go to say they know more than the head coach… but it’s still disappointing to see.

It’s stunning that with 4 sweet 16’s, 2 elite 8’s, and one final 4 in 12 years… STARTING under probation with scholarship reductions and then losing 2 full classes to a literal criminal investigation that zapped every ounce of momentum from a fledgling program with no established history or support… stuff like this still manages to be posted after a trip to the Final Four.

Of course you could also make a large donation to the UM collective to help keep Bev with a NIL deal… if you actually want to do something other than criticize on a message board.

You know I get that message boards are where people who couldn’t get hired as a film room assistant go to say they know more than the head coach… but it’s still disappointing to see.

It’s stunning that with 4 sweet 16’s, 2 elite 8’s, and one final 4 in 12 years… STARTING under probation with scholarship reductions and then losing 2 full classes to a literal criminal investigation that zapped every ounce of momentum from a fledgling program with no established history or support… stuff like this still manages to be posted after a trip to the Final Four.

Of course you could also make a large donation to the UM collective to help keep Bev with a NIL deal… if you actually want to do something other than criticize on a message board.
2019-2021 :
1681174684886.png

I'm not happy (and expressing my opinion) about his roster management then, and seems maybe again (hope not). Nothing to do with my dedication or my donations.

Nothing to do with my NIL or donations... has to do with 2019-2021 as a dedicated fan I sat through this:

View attachment 235101

All the slurping as if this never happened and his roster management wasn't largely responsible just irks me (even if he's the best Coach we ever had, and a legend)

HE COULD NOT GET ACC QUALITY PLAYERS TO FILL THE AVAILABLE SCHOLARSHIPS BECAUSE A PROGRAM WITH NO HISTORY, MINIMAL FAN SUPPORT, RECENT NCAA PROBATION, AND MINIMAL RESOURCES UNDER ACTIVE FBI CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION WAS *SHOCKER* NOT AN ATTRACTIVE DESTINATION FOR ACC LEVEL TALENT.

Seriously this is not hard to comprehend.

Advertisement
Back