Beverly in the portal

Advertisement
Has anyone seen a Thank you Miami -type announcement from Sir B? I've seen his Wichita Commit stuff on TW and stuff from others but nothing from him. Would be interesting to see what he says, or even if he posts one... seems kind of rare not to.

Note: In the Only late portal ranking i saw with 150+, Bev was ranked nbr 218 in portal now.

Last edited:
Miller slashes and creates shots near the basket with his footwork.

Not a catch and shoot/jump shooter.

Excellent vision. Good passer, defender and can take the ball up court on opponents misses without being a turn over liability.
Agree. Miller and Wong both, though they could shoot the 3 ball OK, looked first to slash to the rim. They'd take the 3 if it was there as a second option (or it was one of those nights thery were "feeling it").

I'm shocked at all the praise. Personally thought he wasn't anywhere near top-8 material. When he and Walker came into the game, it was more of praying they wouldn't f up rather than expecting them to do something productive.

We're getting MUCH Better players. Actually competent backups - need to improve, not just rest on laurels.

You are surprised by the inconsistency of CIS posters… how dare you sir!?!?! 😎

Advertisement
NOTE: The article excerpt below seems to be largely from a Ruiz enemy named Rovelle, and while there are plenty of facts floating around about LW financial doldrums, its been suggested this may be a hit-piece, and so that should be taken into consideration regarding its accuracy and intent.

It was not a good weekend for LW/Ruiz. Beverly must be counting his lucky stars over in Wichita. Can't say much negative for fear of bashing or banning, but if you read the thread in Eye of the Sky or articles like this, any expectation that all these new slots are gonna be easily populated with loads of big-NIL-$ignees ought to be tempered with a dose of sobriety. It takes more than the legendary Coach L to "build it, they will come"...
1681623339418.png

Last edited:
When I first heard of Ruiz back when, my first thought (and I think I said it here) was that this was another Bily Corben production waiting to happen within three years.

It was not a good weekend for LW/Ruiz. Beverly must be counting his lucky stars over in Wichita. Can't say much negative for fear of bashing or banning, but if you read the thread in Eye of the Sky or articles like this, any expectation that all these new slots are gonna be easily populated with loads of big-NIL-$ignees ought to be tempered with a dose of sobriety. It takes more than the legendary Coach L to "build it, they will come"...
View attachment 235681
Not saying this report is untrue but people need to keep in mind that Actionnetwork is Darren Rovell's company; Rovell is a known idiot and has a beef with Ruiz. Just something to keep in mind before taking this report as gospel...

Advertisement
View attachment 235681

First, this article feels like a bit of a hit piece. I have never been much of a fan of the Ruiz spectacle (but have appreciated that his checks have cleared and he has appreciably helped Miami in the transition to the NIL era), but I think he got enough cash out of the SPAC process where his current NIL deals are pretty safe.

Jose Mas, Manny Kadre, and several other 9 figure net worth supporters were on the court for the cutting down the nets in Kansas City. They are heavily involved in the collective that has been set up for the university.

Rudy Fernandez is also a big personal supporter of the basketball program now (his family attended most, if not all, of the tournament games).

I’m not saying we have Duke/Kentucky/Kansas money… but Ruiz is by no means the only source of NIL support.

Beverly was a nice player but not a difference maker. It almost feels like it’s non news almost on the level of the guys that are leaving who we’re never going to play much. Beverly’s digression some said was due to a injury if that’s the case it will hurt if we can’t fill in some transfers.

Last edited:
View attachment 235681

Lifewallet's struggles are real, but the highlighted part is all speculation.

First, this article feels like a bit of a hit piece. I have never been much of a fan of the Ruiz spectacle (but have appreciated that his checks have cleared and he has appreciably helped Miami in the transition to the NIL era), but I think he got enough cash out of the SPAC process where his current NIL deals are pretty safe.

Jose Mas, Manny Kadre, and several other 9 figure net worth supporters were on the court for the cutting down the nets in Kansas City. They are heavily involved in the collective that has been set up for the university.

Rudy Fernandez is also a big personal supporter of the basketball program now (his family attended most, if not all, of the tournament games).

I’m not saying we have Duke/Kentucky/Kansas money… but Ruiz is by no means the only source of NIL support.
Maybe 98% of it?

Advertisement
View attachment 235681
This article is hot garbage because it presents zero facts, but tries to make it seem like it’s does.
For example, “it is not known how much of the promised money LifeWallet has delivered”.

Well if it not known (a better word would be unknown but that is the lawyer in me trained to use fewer words), then why would there be an assumption that anyone has not received all the money promised to them? Because the author hates Ruiz so he wants to create a tempest in a teapot.

The disappointment is not in the terrible journalism,, we all know Rovell is a joke, but that anyone on CIS would find the article credible enough to actually post the garbage on this site. This is as credible as ****** space lasers. Stop the nonsense. Make your arguments but if you post this kind of garbage then it will be deleted. I don’t operate in bans, but I do in deleting garbage.

The (above) post that "other benefactors" were helping cut down the net is actually great news. Maybe they like to keep a low profile (and some approve of this) but as far as portal prospects or even recruits go, hearing about NIL successes seems to me might encourage them to consider Miami even if just a little bit more that's good. I'm not even sure Boeheim's distasteful opining on the matter was harmful in this regard.

From the Katie/Cavender transcripts, it seems clear that "connecting" prospects with worthy NIL_benefactors (boosters?) is an imperfect art; even problematic under the NCAA's whacky rules. I especially welcome the above news since hearing about LW/Ruiz "doldrums" isn't the sort of thing likely to increase prospects' interests. Sorry if my choice of excerpted articles was a poor one, but the facts are that there is plenty of reliable and authoritative data out there about LW/Ruiz's misfortunes, including stock listing woes, and 9 million income in 9 months of 2022 with 110 million in expenses... might make the 5 million he reportedly committed last year to Miami athletes for NIL possibly less than a repeatable event, but I hope I'm wrong about that.

The (above) post that "other benefactors" were helping cut down the net is actually great news. Maybe they like to keep a low profile (and some approve of this) but as far as portal prospects or even recruits go, hearing about NIL successes seems to me might encourage them to consider Miami even if just a little bit more that's good. I'm not even sure Boeheim's distasteful opining on the matter was harmful in this regard.

From the Katie/Cavender transcripts, it seems clear that "connecting" prospects with worthy NIL_benefactors (boosters?) is an imperfect art; even problematic under the NCAA's whacky rules. I especially welcome the above news since hearing about LW/Ruiz "doldrums" isn't the sort of thing likely to increase prospects' interests. Sorry if my choice of excerpted articles was a poor one, but the facts are that there is plenty of reliable and authoritative data out there about LW/Ruiz's misfortunes, including stock listing woes, and 9 million income in 9 months of 2022 with 110 million in expenses... might make the 5 million he reportedly committed last year to Miami athletes for NIL possibly less than a repeatable event, but I hope I'm wrong about that.
Fair all the way around.

Advertisement
I liked Beverly but he always seemed to play too nonchalantly.

I used to wonder if he would burn a fatty in the locker room before game time. lol

I liked Beverly but he always seemed to play too nonchalantly.

I used to wonder if he would burn a fatty in the locker room before game time. lol
On the bench and in the huddles or other situations he also looked mostly unhappy (also distant). There is at least one report of an observed incident (Texas?) where he and Coach L were arguing or such. Maybe playing (less than you think you should) on a team with an $800K player who was having an off night can do things to your psyche and attitude. I am guessing he will be a starter in Wichita and might have some surprisingly good stats there.

NOTE: The article excerpt below seems to be largely from a Ruiz enemy named Rovelle, and while there are plenty of facts floating around about LW financial doldrums, its been suggested this may be a hit-piece, and so that should be taken into consideration regarding its accuracy and intent.

View attachment 235681

I can also confirm that several UM athletes may sprout wings and fly to Key West.

Rovell is just wishfully speculating based on the company having reporting problems and a struggling stock price.

I can also confirm that several UM athletes may sprout wings and fly to Key West.

Rovell is just wishfully speculating based on the company having reporting problems and a struggling stock price.
No offense really but you have your head in the sand if you don't think LW/Ruiz has huge legal and financial problems; it's far from just Rovell, and at the very least, is adding to the usual negative recruiting. It's all the talk at the VT and Iowa State websites too.

I would be shocked if we see a huge Ruiz deal like last year for the basketball commits we need. Care to bet? Many step up to say there are other big-wallet donors, and while it sounds as much hopeful as promising, very glad to hear that!

Advertisement
Back