Betting line set at 8.5 wins

Sabetta

Junior
Premium
If we have the best QB, 2nd best “team talent” according to 247 and the best coaching staff in the ACC there is no doubt we should go over. Manny was a couple bad bounces and some brutal defensive calls away from being a 9/10 win team last year. 10 regular season win or bust for me

Advertisement
Over.

Animated GIF

FSU is at 7.5 with their schedule? I don't see 8-4 AT ALL with Memphis Mikey.

Dequesne
LSU
@louisville
BC
Wake
@N.C State
Clemson
GT
@Miami
@Syracuse
Louisiana
Florida

Someone show me 8 wins there.

Advertisement

Dequesne
LSU
@louisville
BC
Wake
@N.C State
Clemson
GT
@Miami
@Syracuse
Louisiana
Florida

I think they got the 7.5 Wins mixed up with the 7.5 Urinals to be replaced at FSU....Mistakes happen....

Dequesne
LSU
@louisville
BC
Wake
@N.C State
Clemson
GT
@Miami
@Syracuse
Louisiana
Florida

It seems impossible that they'd be better than 4-4 after the first 8. Being kind I'll give them 3-5 after that stretch.

Dequesne
LSU
@louisville
BC
Wake
@N.C State
Clemson
GT
@Miami
@Syracuse
Louisiana
Florida

I see 2 wins the first 7 games. Then I see 3 the next 5 and no way they beat us of course. Mario is going to lay that hammer.

Advertisement
The first game of the season might more accurately be described as Iron City Light. Seriously, they are a low level FCS team that plays home games at a 2200 seat field. Been around in one form or another since 1891. Few firsts for them: their coach devised the system for officials hand signals, came up with different uniforms for home and away games. and they played at the first night game at Forbes field against a small PA college.

If we have the best QB, 2nd best “team talent” according to 247 and the best coaching staff in the ACC there is no doubt we should go over. Manny was a couple bad bounces and some brutal defensive calls away from being a 9/10 win team last year. 10 regular season win or bust for me
Honest question, what do you suggest are the repercussions for the bust? Fly the banners?

FSU was one of the more improved teams in the country from 2020 to 2021, believe it or not. And they don’t lose much other than Johnson (albeit a big loss). But I don’t see 8 wins there at all. Miami, Clemson, the gator, LSU, NC State. They’d prob have to go 2-3 in those 5 games to have a shot. Good luck.

I'll go 9-3 which sets the over.

Not winning at Texas A&M early.

Probably not winning at Clemson late. (Could possibly take them in ACC title game, neutral field rematch.)

One standard ****-the-bed game that both Miami and Mario are known for.

10-2 doable. 8-4 or worse would be a disaster.

Advertisement
The first game of the season might more accurately be described as Iron City Light. Seriously, they are a low level FCS team that plays home games at a 2200 seat field. Been around in one form or another since 1891. Few firsts for them: their coach devised the system for officials hand signals, came up with different uniforms for home and away games. and they played at the first night game at Forbes field against a small PA college.
Haha. Love the IC Light moniker. I grew up there and honestly didn't even remember Duquesne having a football program. Hilarious that FSU scheduled them. Imagine them losing. Would top the time Kentucky lost to Robert Morris in hoops.

Advertisement
I'll go 9-3 which sets the over.

Not winning at Texas A&M early.

Probably not winning at Clemson late. (Could possibly take them in ACC title game, neutral field rematch.)

One standard ****-the-bed game that both Miami and Mario are known for.

10-2 doable. 8-4 or worse would be a disaster.
Mario does lose a game he shouldn’t. But let’s also remember he wins a game he shouldn’t. Ohio state in the Columbus last season with a trash quarterback and no KT5. So that might balance out

Honest question, what do you suggest are the repercussions for the bust? Fly the banners?
Just a bust of a season. IMO There should be no honeymoon. Clearly everything Mario has done has been incredible. Coaching hires, booster involvement, portal and future facility upgrades. My point is this team has a lot going for it and if the coaching staff is as legit, we should win 10.

Duquesne
LSU
louisville
BC
Wake
N.C State
Clemson
GT
Miami
Syracuse
Louisiana
Florida

They can easily have 5 losses by the time they play us.

Advertisement
Back