Bethel wants assurances of new scheme

The scheme will get more aggressive as the talent level increases.

Honestly the D played about as well as we couldve hoped for yesterday under the circumstances. They stopped the run and kept UL out of the end zone for a while.

The complete and total abomination of a performance by the offense was the real problem.

Bicho gets it.

Advertisement
He's right and I'd still pull his offer. Say what you want behind closed doors but in an interview? Bye

pulling another offer from another BTW, might not be the best idea after last year's fiasco

Good point but I think we're dealing with a slippery slope. Again, say what you want to me in my office or in the locker room, but talking this way to the Herald while still in HS is a poor precedent.

I understand some saying we shut down the run, because we haven't done it lately... But Louisville has struggled to run all year, they didn't make their money running the ball this year... Check the stats...

They were in the bottom half running the ball. You play Louisville as a dc your #1 objective is to stop teddy, once dude got in a rhythm he passed for 400+... 3 weeks to prepare and teddy was styling on us, throwing up 305 signs and all...

He's right and I'd still pull his offer. Say what you want behind closed doors but in an interview? Bye

So we'd rather our players lie to save face, be fake, and be politically correct huh?

Amazing how far we have fallen. Even our fans want a bunch of nice, docile choir boys. Jerome Brown would be rolling in his grave.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Man, some of you guys need to have your heads examined seriously. I remember these boards when Burgess went to Louisville and no one gave two *****. Burgess clobbered our offense and was flat out dominating on Saturday.

Bethel's a good talent and helps fill holes that we have on defense. For those saying he's too small for D-1, I was saying the same **** about Lamarcus Joyner and well, that man is the number one corner playing on a national title contending team right now. Besides, some of you guys sound like hypocrites - it's ok for you to ***** endlessly about how ****** our defensive schemes are. But as soon as Nigel echoes the same thoughts, you guys get all high and mighty and tell him to find the door out of Miami.

Knowing our luck he'd go to Louisville and put a foot in our *** next season. Point being, stop bashing these guys. Let them say their **** and get it out of their system.

pulling another offer from another BTW, might not be the best idea after last year's fiasco

Good point but I think we're dealing with a slippery slope. Again, say what you want to me in my office or in the locker room, but talking this way to the Herald while still in HS is a poor precedent.

Golden can easily make it a good thing by listening and acting on it. It relates to Peter's thread "An Underlying Issue", you want to win the community back, start listening to those people and the recruits you have/want. Shows kids the staff really cares and listens to them as much as they teach. Total team effort

Must have learned taking issues public instead of handling them face to face from one of his high school coaches.

We need all the talent we can get. We also need them to have some **** sense about what is productive and what is not.

Advertisement
bethel will redshirt next year. he will not beat out any of our current cb's or jc is we got him.

Advertisement
DeMarcus Van Dyke ‏@D_VanDyke8 16s
high school recruits, don't bash the school/players you're going too. Them same guys will be looking for you first day of pads

He didn't bash the players though.

He's an idiot on twitter (Bethel). Van Dyke directly addressed this to Nigel last night.

His twitter is a mess. It was an assortment of retweets from FSU, UM and Arrkansas last night. I believe he also tweeted that he can't wait to model new uniforms in spring game. At one point he had pics of people holding parts of a dead cow.

Advertisement
The scheme will get more aggressive as the talent level increases.

Honestly the D played about as well as we couldve hoped for yesterday under the circumstances. They stopped the run and kept UL out of the end zone for a while.

The complete and total abomination of a performance by the offense was the real problem.

Bicho gets it.

He does indeed.

As much as I agree with him, lol @ him for thinking he is gonna dictate what AG does

Golden doesn't want to mess up the BTW pipeline, so Bethel is one of the recruits that can speak up & not be overlooked. What if Bethel and Chad want answers about this defense after his all-star game? Golden better say something because no one wants to loose Chad or BTW as a whole.

Advertisement
Back