Bethel wants assurances of new scheme

Problem2

All-American
Premium
Not every Canes recruit was feeling as good about the state of the program. Miami Booker T. Washington cornerback Nigel Bethel said he wasn’t considering taking any other recruiting visits until seeing Miami struggle badly against Louisville.

“I’m committed to Miami, but I’m opening things back up,” said Bethel, who is hoping to schedule a visit to Georgia.

Bethel said he wants to be assured Miami’s defensive schemes will be different from what he saw Saturday to remain committed.

“I want to see man coverage, more blitzes,” he said. “I think the [defensive] line isn’t physical enough. [Fellow UM commit] Chad [Thomas] and those guys would change things I think. The [defensive] line we have committed would help.”

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/12/...olden.html#.UsDai2UkFek.twitter#storylink=cpy

Welp, Golden has no choice.

Keep your friend and you are going to lose some recruits.

Advertisement
I mean I really cant blame him. The scheme we run is weak, if I was a recruit I would still go to Miami because im a diehard fan but I would question the scheme.

Lol that recruits would leave because of Dorito...

Basically said he would solidify his commit if he is shown the door...

Advertisement
This kid honestly gets on my nerves. Understand we need players but this kid seems like a drama queen.

running the scheme we are trying to run with bad talent is a recipe for disaster.

blame the coaches if you want.

Advertisement
The scheme will get more aggressive as the talent level increases.

Honestly the D played about as well as we couldve hoped for yesterday under the circumstances. They stopped the run and kept UL out of the end zone for a while.

The complete and total abomination of a performance by the offense was the real problem.

What kid would want to sign up to play in that ****? Don't blame Bethel for one second. How are players going to be ready to play at the next level spending their college career playing prevent?

LOL @ bashing a recruit for saying the same things a majority of our fanbase is saying.

Y'all are criticizing him for saying out loud what probably every single one of our defensive recruits is thinking privately.

Advertisement
This kid honestly gets on my nerves. Understand we need players but this kid seems like a drama queen.

Kid is a drama queen because he recognizes that coach D is garbage and doesn't want to have his career wasted in our ****** defensive scheme? Buddy that's called intelligence and having good sense. Kid said himself he wasn't even going to consider another visit until he saw that ****** performance.

This is good.

If Golden won't listen to the fans, he'll **** sure listen to recruits who are threatening to leave and are having second thoughts.

y'all need to take off the orange and green glasses. Why would any D recruit want to play for this D?

Hey DL- don't rush the passer, occupy blockers. Hey CBs, stay way off your guy and let him catch everything. Hey safeties, stay 25 yards off the LOS. No HS coach, no mentor, no parent should want their kids to play in this D

Advertisement
I would give him the assurance of the friggin door.

Have fun at Kentucky.

He must have been tweeting too much last night or he would have seen Miami blitz and blitz more than all season.

It's the same scheme that produced nfl players at flipping temple.

I personally think its too complex for our players to grasp, but most criticisms are directed in the wrong place. We tried to go full 3-4 IMO a season too early.

Oh and btw UGa runs a 3-4 too under DC Todd Gratham, and he's been bad.

They were loaded with nfl talent last year, and finished like 80th vs. the run.

Their defense is horrible.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back