Bethel wants assurances of new scheme

Advertisement
Why not just say I hope WE make some changes and become more aggressive instead of this stupid "I'm committed but opening things up" bull

Thank God. Sounds like a smart kid. Maybe Golden will fire his bestie when he realizes south Florida kids don't wanna play this passive bull****.

I hope we offer Dowells.

He must have been tweeting too much last night or he would have seen Miami blitz and blitz more than all season.

This.

It's odd that he said this after a game where we played a ton of press man and blitzed a lot (too much, IMO; we kept getting burnt on 3rd down screen passes).

Advertisement
DeMarcus Van Dyke ‏@D_VanDyke8 16s
high school recruits, don't bash the school/players you're going too. Them same guys will be looking for you first day of pads

Advertisement
We blitzed plenty v louisville and that didnt work.

We played man and got Burns got roasted.

DeMarcus Van Dyke ‏@D_VanDyke8 16s
high school recruits, don't bash the school/players you're going too. Them same guys will be looking for you first day of pads

This coming from one of the softest players we've ever had here. Lulz

Advertisement

It's because our blitz schemes are predictable we have no variety on defense.. Louisville checked off to a screen were we blitzed every time.. They don't disguise the blitzes enough when we choose to do it..

Advertisement
Not every Canes recruit was feeling as good about the state of the program. Miami Booker T. Washington cornerback Nigel Bethel said he wasn’t considering taking any other recruiting visits until seeing Miami struggle badly against Louisville.

“I’m committed to Miami, but I’m opening things back up,” said Bethel, who is hoping to schedule a visit to Georgia.

Bethel said he wants to be assured Miami’s defensive schemes will be different from what he saw Saturday to remain committed.

“I want to see man coverage, more blitzes,” he said. “I think the [defensive] line isn’t physical enough. [Fellow UM commit] Chad [Thomas] and those guys would change things I think. The [defensive] line we have committed would help.”

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/12/...olden.html#.UsDai2UkFek.twitter#storylink=cpy

Welp, Golden has no choice.

Keep your friend and you are going to lose some recruits.

I agree with those comments by Bethel...but if these recruits aint nothing but choir boys then they can get gone 2

It's because our blitz schemes are predictable we have no variety on defense.. Louisville checked off to a screen were we blitzed every time.. They don't disguise the blitzes enough when we choose to do it..

No they didn't call a screen every time we blitzed

Keep in mind

This is the same kid Pete said "keep an eye on" in the coming weeks, he's got grade concerns.

Easy way for a kid to go elsewhere without addressing his qualification status.

This kid honestly gets on my nerves. Understand we need players but this kid seems like a drama queen.

Kid is a drama queen because he recognizes that coach D is garbage and doesn't want to have his career wasted in our ****ty defensive scheme? Buddy that's called intelligence and having good sense. Kid said himself he wasn't even going to consider another visit until he saw that ****ty performance.

Listen buddy, that's a recruit popping off in my book. Kid is always tweeting all sorts of garbage. Van Dyke from a few years back even called him out on it last night. For his sake he better be a stud because this is like the third time the dude has supposedly opened up his recruiting again. Looking around is intelligent, but I much prefer that "man approach" that Braxton Berrios took to his recruitment.

Advertisement
Back