Benedict Cristobal is gone

REAL TALK, AG has constantly said he wants to be the first long term coach at the U. He loves it hear, his parents are down here, wife loves it. Personally, I think Mario knew AG ain't going anywhere for a long time and Bama was his best shot at a HC spot.

Advertisement
‏@7SportsXtra
Mario Cristobal tells @7sportsxtra he has accepted the job as offensive line coach at Alabama.

i hate mario for doing this but after a day to digest the news, i came to realize even tho he burned a bridge to his alma mater, he did make a great career move in terms of getting a top D1 coaching job. He will be under saban making more money in the SEC. after a couple years, with his work under Saban and FIU, he will be a top candidate for many jobs. either way, sucks that Al has to deal w crap like this from coaches. again, i knew he would leave at some point (1 year at least) but not after a month. the timing is just disgusting, but im sure it wasnt easy for him to do so considering he bleeds orange n green. tim reynolds said on 560 yesterday that he was told by Mario that hes going back to the U the moment he got fired by FIU. again, he made a career decision that will lead him on a different path and most prolly away from Miami. I do have a question for the rest of the board (mods too)...if golden were ever to leave Miami (not saying it will happen but throwing a hypothetical), would you take a coach, who is an alum and has furthered his craft under Saban, if he wanted the job. Remember, Schiano left Miami and turned down Miami later on so it is not a given that Mario wants to or needs to come back considering Schiano still made it to the NFL.

i hate mario for doing this but after a day to digest the news, i came to realize even tho he burned a bridge to his alma mater, he did make a great career move in terms of getting a top D1 coaching job. He will be under saban making more money in the SEC. after a couple years, with his work under Saban and FIU, he will be a top candidate for many jobs. either way, sucks that Al has to deal w crap like this from coaches. again, i knew he would leave at some point (1 year at least) but not after a month. the timing is just disgusting, but im sure it wasnt easy for him to do so considering he bleeds orange n green. tim reynolds said on 560 yesterday that he was told by Mario that hes going back to the U the moment he got fired by FIU. again, he made a career decision that will lead him on a different path and most prolly away from Miami. I do have a question for the rest of the board (mods too)...if golden were ever to leave Miami (not saying it will happen but throwing a hypothetical), would you take a coach, who is an alum and has furthered his craft under Saban, if he wanted the job. Remember, Schiano left Miami and turned down Miami later on so it is not a given that Mario wants to or needs to come back considering Schiano still made it to the NFL.

**** Mario. **** Saban. **** Schiano.

Advertisement
Who is turning down triple the salary, and having input in game planning? TRIPLE THE SALARY.

How do you know it is triple the salary? Show me anywhere other than some unattributed guess in the media where this is proven to be true. I suspect the multiple is probably not even double.

You're right. Look at all the great HC'ing gigs Saban's assistants have garnered at Alabama. There's McIlwain and the glorious Colorado State gig, then there's...then there's...hold on...let me see...

Surprisingly enough. Genron isn't lying..... However, it is definitely possible that wasn't communicated to Golden. High maintenance wife and high maintnence life=highest bidder wins.

Genron isn't lying? So you were there too when Beanerdict Fredobol made the statement that he wouldn't be here spring started?

Common knowledge that the guy they had a press conference for (still haven't even had one for the OC) and handed the title of Associate HC was going to leave after a month? LULZ.

Where did Genron make this claim that Fredo would be gone by spring and get blasted for it?

The minute I read that post I went and searched his post history and it resulted in only 7 posts. So if it was on this forum, it had to be under a different name. I don't know if this guy is the real genron or not, but I did notice after re-reading his post that he claimed that he said the very day Cristobal was hired that he wouldn't be here long, and then cited a conversation that he had with Cristobal the day after he was hired as his reasoning for making the claim. Just sayin.

BTW, that could have easily been a typing error, but after seeing so many trolls, I'm just always skeptical.

Don't UM fans hate the real Genron? Isn't he an enemy of the program? Why would a UM site have the real Genron posting on it? I don't buy any of this nonsense. Why the **** would Fredo take this gig knowing he would burn his bridge completely at UM by leaving after a month? Why go through the whole charade of the big press conference? Ficking nonsense.

I thought the real Genron knew Stacey Coley fairly well?

Isn't the real Genron that of "street agent-Dee Morely" fame?

You're right. Look at all the great HC'ing gigs Saban's assistants have garnered at Alabama. There's McIlwain and the glorious Colorado State gig, then there's...then there's...hold on...let me see...

Agreed completely....this is a complete fabrication. Alabama is a machine and everyone knows who's driving. It's not the assistants. Not to mention, what are you really going to learn? Hey, here's how you win with unlimited resources and a 40 person staff....come do that now at XYZ school and our 1/3 the budget. I really think people are buying into a perception that is not based in reality.

Advertisement
Who is turning down triple the salary, and having input in game planning? TRIPLE THE SALARY.

How do you know it is triple the salary? Show me anywhere other than some unattributed guess in the media where this is proven to be true. I suspect the multiple is probably not even double.

I know, some people will believe anything. 1.8 mil to coach the o-line, child please :ibisroflmao: He was making 600k here.

If he bled orange and green he wouldn't have ****ed us the way he did. And when this traitor tries to recruit against UM in SoFla will you say he still bleeds orange and green?

You're right. Look at all the great HC'ing gigs Saban's assistants have garnered at Alabama. There's McIlwain and the glorious Colorado State gig, then there's...then there's...hold on...let me see...[/QUOTE]

Agreed completely....this is a complete fabrication. Alabama is a machine and everyone knows who's driving. It's not the assistants. Not to mention, what are you really going to learn? Hey, here's how you win with unlimited resources and a 40 person staff....come do that now at XYZ school and our 1/3 the budget. I really think people are buying into a perception that is not based in reality.[/QUOTE]

This is the one i dont get. What exactly will he learn under Saban that he didnt/couldnt learn elsewhere?. **** hes going to be coaching OLINE..Saban will be busy running round in shorts with his DBS.

-Who has been succesful under saban and even after leaving?......A bunch of CORCHES in the saban tree...(we have a few in the acc)
-Cristobal went in for it just like some of you fans that are sicking my stomach right now...with the SEC WORSHIP..and LOVEFEST for Bama. Jesus some of u need to get a grip.

Cant wait to hear the B.S. that comes out of Cristobal's mouth when he goes to Bama...hes a hired mercenary..just for a foot in S.FLA...which he will bring for bama(dude can recruit like no other)...that Bama ol job aint getting him no better hc gig that he wouldnt get here....**** he got Pitt,Rutgers offers already from FIU.....

Cristobal just IS what he IS....they called him the same thing when he left to FIU from um..saying he burned his bridges etc...now he came back and did the same thing AGAIN....iI think THIS was the main problem with PETE, Dude maybe an idiot but he may have got this one right..He f'd over Mario knowing full well Mario would leave FIU with a blink...that LOYALTY stuff was likely B.S. at the time where his wife probably wasnt ready to stomach the cold or just got businesses started.

Agreed completely....this is a complete fabrication. Alabama is a machine and everyone knows who's driving. It's not the assistants. Not to mention, what are you really going to learn? Hey, here's how you win with unlimited resources and a 40 person staff....come do that now at XYZ school and our 1/3 the budget. I really think people are buying into a perception that is not based in reality.[/QUOTE]

This is the one i dont get. What exactly will he learn under Saban that he didnt/couldnt learn elsewhere?. **** hes going to be coaching OLINE..Saban will be busy running round in shorts with his DBS.

-Who has been succesful under saban and even after leaving?......A bunch of CORCHES in the saban tree...(we have a few in the acc)
-Cristobal went in for it just like some of you fans that are sicking my stomach right now...with the SEC WORSHIP..and LOVEFEST for Bama. Jesus some of u need to get a grip.

Cant wait to hear the B.S. that comes out of Cristobal's mouth when he goes to Bama...hes a hired mercenary..just for a foot in S.FLA...which he will bring for bama(dude can recruit like no other)...that Bama ol job aint getting him no better hc gig that he wouldnt get here....**** he got Pitt,Rutgers offers already from FIU.....

Cristobal just IS what he IS....they called him the same thing when he left to FIU from um..saying he burned his bridges etc...now he came back and did the same thing AGAIN....iI think THIS was the main problem with PETE, Dude maybe an idiot but he may have got this one right..He f'd over Mario knowing full well Mario would leave FIU with a blink...that LOYALTY stuff was likely B.S. at the time where his wife probably wasnt ready to stomach the cold or just got businesses started.[/QUOTE]

One could argue that Golden's assistants are progressing better than Saban's. Two of Golden's assts are now coach in the NFL after a 7-5 season.

Advertisement

Cristobal just IS what he IS....they called him the same thing when he left to FIU from um..saying he burned his bridges etc...now he came back and did the same thing AGAIN....iI think THIS was the main problem with PETE, Dude maybe an idiot but he may have got this one right..He f'd over Mario knowing full well Mario would leave FIU with a blink...that LOYALTY stuff was likely B.S. at the time where his wife probably wasnt ready to stomach the cold or just got businesses started.[/QUOTE]

Its interesting but it brings to mind Belichick. His guys move up and they fall flat on their face and get exposed.

i dont want him back at UM again either but come on man if someone tripled ur salary dont act like you wouldnt take it. the entire board would be gone. hes just looking out for his family and himself, that's all. its a business and you move on to the next. he wasnt loyal to the U and thats the way it is. he wont coaching at UM again. move on

i dont want him back at UM again either but come on man if someone tripled ur salary dont act like you wouldnt take it. the entire board would be gone. hes just looking out for his family and himself, that's all. its a business and you move on to the next. he wasnt loyal to the U and thats the way it is. he wont coaching at UM again. move on

fack that fake *** puzz *** bytch......Mario...best of luck in good ol bamer...good luck feeling at home around all the rednecks...good luck explaining over and over the difference between a mexican and a cuban...good luck finding some empanadas, cafe cubano, and a media noche...eat **** I hope you fall on your face and get exposed for the fake *** bytch *** mufugga you are. eat ****... and enjoy the natural ice!!!

NEXT UP!!!!!!!!! GO CANES!!!!!!!!

Advertisement
Its interesting but it brings to mind Belichick. His guys move up and they fall flat on their face and get exposed.[/QUOTE]

Because they dont do nothing but follow dudes orders.

Saban is the sole ruler there...and a micro manager just like Belichek....

Advertisement
Back