Benedict Cristobal is gone

475K in Tuscaloosa? You could own both Wal-Marts with that kind of money! And at least half of the Piggly Wiggly...

Advertisement
They were talking about SEC OC's on the radio here in ATL the other day and their salaries. Pretty sure Bama's OC makes 500k.

Bama must really want that inroad to SFLA to pay their OL coach as much as their OC.

Doesn't FIU have to pay the rest of upto the $500k, so he's making the same in the end?

I could be wrong, nut sure when his FIU contract expires/ed.

Normally I would say that the move could backfire on Cristobal, but the ADs and University presidents don't give a crap about loyalty and stability. They expect these guys to be mercenaries and accept it. It's a scumbag move, and I've lost what little respect I had for him.

Advertisement
Also who knows what incentives are in te contract if any. I know some of the BAMA boosters like to give a little extra on the side for a job well done.

Last edited:
They were talking about SEC OC's on the radio here in ATL the other day and their salaries. Pretty sure Bama's OC makes 500k.

Bama must really want that inroad to SFLA to pay their OL coach as much as their OC.

He won't make enough in-roads in sofla to justify that. He'll bolt for a HBC position soon enough. Mario and Bama are using each other - period.

Also who knows what incentives are in te contract if any. I know some of the BAMA boosters like to give a little extra on the side for a job well done.

Yep. Thats probably his base pay. Speaking engagements, endorsements, etc.....He will make much more than $475K

I watched the U 30 for 30, seeing Benedict Cristobal talkin about the U made it seem so much worse. I hope the Miami family never accepts him again

Advertisement
I don't see what the big deal is. We have our man at head coach. Cristobal has a chance to make good money and learn from the man who may well be the most successful coach in CFB history when it is all said and done. I expect Golden to stay for a while, but if he does eventually leave, Cristobal would be a great candidate to replace him.

He won't make enough in-roads in sofla to justify that. He'll bolt for a HBC position soon enough. Mario and Bama are using each other - period.

he makes jus under $600,000. That was his starting pay, I bet he gets a bump soon.

Dude's not a Cane. Let's let it go. If he wanted to be a Cane he'd be here with us to enjoy it when we win it all again. He won't, so **** on him.

he makes jus under $600,000. That was his starting pay, I bet he gets a bump soon.

So it's more 475,000 that was stated in the article?

Advertisement
Dude's not a Cane. Let's let it go. If he wanted to be a Cane he'd be here with us to enjoy it when we win it all again. He won't, so **** on him.

Shouldn't it work both ways though? Shouldn't he be compensated fairly by UM since he was/is a part of the "U family". BAMA threw close to half a mil plus incentives at him compared to the the 175,000 UM was going to pay him. If he was that important and a part of he family shouldn't he have been paid accordingly?

I don't see what the big deal is. We have our man at head coach. Cristobal has a chance to make good money and learn from the man who may well be the most successful coach in CFB history when it is all said and done. I expect Golden to stay for a while, but if he does eventually leave, Cristobal would be a great candidate to replace him.

You want a guy who tried to ***** the U over as our HC?

I don't.

Advertisement

So it's more 475,000 that was stated in the article?

Sorry I meant that as the OC's pay.

No thanks.

He'd then ***** us over twice. Once (recently) and twice if he ever gets hired here as HBC (complete hypo, stick with me here), he'd bolt for the next big gig.

Shouldn't it work both ways though? Shouldn't he be compensated fairly by UM since he was/is a part of the "U family". BAMA threw close to half a mil plus incentives at him compared to the the 175,000 UM was going to pay him. If he was that important and a part of he family shouldn't he have been paid accordingly?

Cristobal is still getting paid by FIU so he's not hurting for money. also miami is a private school with no federal funding. the school can't afford to pay a position coach the same amount as the coordinators are making. and for a guy who has stated his dream job is Miami HC, u dont run off barely a month onto the job, especially when u are getting paid from 2 different schools.

Cristobal is still getting paid by FIU so he's not hurting for money. also miami is a private school with no federal funding. the school can't afford to pay a position coach the same amount as the coordinators are making. and for a guy who has stated his dream job is Miami HC, u dont run off barely a month onto the job, especially when u are getting paid from 2 different schools.

Exactly. I understand leaving for more money, I do, but that comes at a price. I'm sure he was doing OK here at UM, plus severance from FIU. He wasn't in line to file bankruptcy yet. Then before he coached a single person, he ditches us for Alabama? **** on 'em. If he'd done it one year later I'd have an easier time swallowing it, but he didn't give UM a month. He won't be back.

Advertisement
Back