Be real for a second. Kings draft status.

Miami04

Senior
Say King keeps up the pace he’s on now. What are his draft prospects realistically, not Brad Kayya is the #1 overall pick hype.

I don’t see how with his height he goes before round 3. But I’m no expert.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Ceiling is 2nd round.

Floor is 4th.

So goes Russell's and Kyler's stock, so goes King's. He just has to continue his currently gameplay.
This all seems about right to me.

I was always shocked Russell went as late as he did though, he was always a baller.

But the key is keeping it up, if he does 2-4 as a QB is what I think. If he stumbles a little, maybe UDFA.

Doe he come back for a possible NC run if this team has a 2000 like year and some juniors (Philips, Bolden, Nesta, Jordan) opt to come back and give it a 2001 type run?

Don,t see Cam coming back.

Doe he come back for a possible NC run if this team has a 2000 like year and some juniors (Philips, Bolden, Nesta, Jordan) opt to come back and give it a 2001 type run?

Don,t see Cam coming back.

RB's that play as freshmen and are starters as juniors with mostly injury free careers usually shouldn't come back. They've shown what they're gonna show and you wanna keep the mileage low at the position probably more than any other.

Even if say, hypothetically, we're knocking on the door of a title this year and King decides to return. Cam could still leave and it wouldn't really hurt. Don't get me wrong, I think he's an absolute beast. But Knighton and Chaney coming back as Sophomores is more than enough. We're good at RB.

Advertisement
Barry Jackson reported yesterday he spoke to (I think two) NFL scouts that indicated he's way too short and would probably have trouble even getting drafted.

Take that FWIW.
Is he shorter than Murray? Don’t know, just asking because Murray was #1 overall. Which means there were lots of draft slots for people who were not as good as Murray

Barry Jackson reported yesterday he spoke to (I think two) NFL scouts that indicated he's way too short and would probably have trouble even getting drafted.

Take that FWIW.

King will get drafted. He is a great football player. People are picking German WRs.

His best situation might be Arizona. He can play QB in a system built around a similar player and provide versatility.

It hurts him that he’s going to be a 24 year old rookie. He’s basically the same age as Kyler Murray. If King tears it up all season and balls out against Clemson I can see late 2nd round. But he’s going to battle height and age criticisms in a very stacked draft class so I doubt he goes first round.

Is he really?

Don't laugh, but the madden franchise I draft him in, he's 23 years old.

Don't laugh.

Advertisement
King will get drafted. He is a great football player. People are picking German WRs.

His best situation might be Arizona. He can play QB in a system built around a similar player and provide versatility.

They have been trying to find a steady #2 for while. That would be a great pairing.

Maybe King ends up having a career path similar to Tyrod Taylor?

Advertisement
It hurts him that he’s going to be a 24 year old rookie. He’s basically the same age as Kyler Murray. If King tears it up all season and balls out against Clemson I can see late 2nd round. But he’s going to battle height and age criticisms in a very stacked draft class so I doubt he goes first round.

Russell Wilson was a 24 year old rookie

Say King keeps up the pace he’s on now. What are his draft prospects realistically, not Brad Kayya is the #1 overall pick hype.

I don’t see how with his height he goes before round 3. But I’m no expert.
CD70378B-1A54-46AF-98E8-F8EA8E03C5B4.jpeg360FF606-FF92-43EB-BAFD-0240226D7F27.jpeg

NFL is a copycat league

Is he really?

Don't laugh, but the madden franchise I draft him in, he's 23 years old.

Don't laugh.
Yes, he’s a few days younger than Kyler Murray. Is it a big deal? Not really, but if there’s an equal rated 21 or 22 year old prospect, they’re going to get the nod over the 24 year old.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back