Be real for a second. Kings draft status.

OU said Murray measured at 5'9 7/8 in socks so basically 5'10" and he went #1 overall. UM has him at 5'10" but that seems iffy. Murray went #1 overall so based on stature alone I think King warrants a late first with his upside and the way the NFL is now. We'll see...

Advertisement
Yes, he’s a few days younger than Kyler Murray. Is it a big deal? Not really, but if there’s an equalLT rated 21 or 22 year old prospect, they’re going to get the nod over the 24 year old.

Not a big deal. I just didn't know King is 23 years old lol.

Advertisement
RB's that play as freshmen and are starters as juniors with mostly injury free careers usually shouldn't come back. They've shown what they're gonna show and you wanna keep the mileage low at the position probably more than any other.

Even if say, hypothetically, we're knocking on the door of a title this year and King decides to return. Cam could still leave and it wouldn't really hurt. Don't get me wrong, I think he's an absolute beast. But Knighton and Chaney coming back as Sophomores is more than enough. We're good at RB.
I wasn't alluding that he should come back. 3 years is more than enough tape and better to run that tread in the NFL. I agree with the 2 RB we are more than solid.

I wasn't alluding that he should come back. 3 years is more than enough tape and better to run that tread in the NFL. I agree with the 2 RB we are more than solid.

Oh I didn't think you were. I just think it's inherent when you're talking about people coming back, the starting RB should definitely get thrown in there. But in this case especially it really wouldn't make sense.

You gotta unpack that for us.

I should have said early. Not undrafted entirely. The NFL is constantly QB starved, so it wouldn’t surprise me to see someone take a shot on him. But his main drawback was his ability to throw down the field when he came here, and he hasn’t quieted those criticisms yet. But he’s been absolutely sensational and spectacular in every other aspect, and a complete godsend to this program. But he’s got a long way to go to sneak into Day 2. It’s possible, but it wouldn’t happen right now.

Advertisement
And he fell to the 3rd round. This proves my point that age doesn’t help.
yeah but wilson was the first to break the mold really. Of course drew brees is short but he's not a runner, after russell wilson a lot of standards and old school stubborness went out the window

also as an NC state student during the same type Russell Wilson was there, I think him being in the Big 10 only one year hurt his chances no matter how excellent he was

Just based off these three games we played, 3rd or 4th round IMO. Beat Clemson and things could change though.

He’s got a HUGE opportunity this weekend to raise his stock, no doubt. This is the type of game that can really open GMs eyes if you go carve up Clemson in their building on National TV. Biggest game of D’Eriq King’s life both as a player and a prospect on Saturday and it’s not even close.

Check out this podcast if you want an opinion on King. Again, just 1 dude with 1 opinion, it’s not cement, but Jordan Reid is a really respected dude and knows his stuff:

And also the Herald had an article a couple days ago with 2 scouts saying he’s a fringe pick right now. He’s even smaller than Murray and he does not have that elite elite arm talent that Murray does. So at this minute, he’s got a long way to go to get into the first 2 days. But the chance he has on Saturday cannot be overstated. This is what you dream about as a kid in his position. Hope he seizes it.

Advertisement
Will be interesting if PJ Walker gets any playing time this year. I think King is a better passer but has similar measurables. Also more athletic than PJ. PJ is the Panthers backup so if he can carve out a role in the NFL then so can King.

My guess is someone takes a chance on him around the 5th round.

I think he'll get drafted but probably in the 6th or 7th. As a QB his arm is pretty meh. Not very strong. And his accuracy is average. He has a tendency to float some balls. I think his ceiling is tyrod taylor. And I'm not sure if that ceiling is good enough to entice some teams.

Advertisement
Right now I think he gets drafted in round 5-6. He will make a roster. IF he decides to come back and he lights it up like we all know he will he would be a 1st day pick no doubt.

Say King keeps up the pace he’s on now. What are his draft prospects realistically, not Brad Kayya is the #1 overall pick hype.

I don’t see how with his height he goes before round 3. But I’m no expert.
You might want to do your homework before you make a post.

Kyler Murry is shorter than King and was drafted #1.

Advertisement
Back