Be real for a second. Kings draft status.

Kyler Murray went #1 overall. We've got a few Hall of Famers playing at sub 5'11" right now.

There are some real slobs being taken at QB in an NFL Draft. D'Eriq King is getting drafted. Where? Fvck if I know right now, but maybe pretty high...2nd, 3rd Round? Probably more of a Day 3 guy, but lets see how the year plays out.

Advertisement
Murry is 5'9 so how did he do in the draft?

You said he’s 5’9 and then literally posted a link to a page that says he’s 70.13”, which is 5’10 1/8”. What a place this is.

By the way, King is shorter than 5’9. He’ll measure somewhere between 5’8 and a half and 5’9 at the combine.

I'd like to see him finish the season, but from what I've seen so far his ceiling is most likely early Day 3. The main gripe is the height disadvantage. King has meh throwing mechanics, his accuracy diminishes when he passes over 25+ yards, and some of his throws tend to float. We also haven't seen many "WOW!" throws; almost dropped it in the bucket last game but the FSU defender pulled Harley's facemask.

He is like 5’8 and 170. Look at the other players around him as reference. He won’t get drafted as a QB, but he is a leader, tough, and super quick. They will find a spot for him late rounds.

Advertisement
Top of the 3rd round at best. He is playing great and exactly what the team needs but he will have some stiff competition from other quarterbacks declaring.

Russel Wilson went in the 3rd, I think that’s his ceiling. King isn’t going to leave college with Mayfield, Watson, or Murray type of hype unless the hurricanes go undefeated.

It hurts him that he’s going to be a 24 year old rookie. He’s basically the same age as Kyler Murray. If King tears it up all season and balls out against Clemson I can see late 2nd round. But he’s going to battle height and age criticisms in a very stacked draft class so I doubt he goes first round.
Is he really that old??? I had no idea.

I didn’t know he’s 5’8”. That’s viewed significantly worse than 5’10” in NFL scouting circles. Sounds like he may go the Malcolm Perry route, 7th founder with a change of position.

Tough one. I think he’s a great college QB but idk if/how he’ll translate to NFL. I will say the league now is certainly an advantage to him 10-15 years ago he woulda been a WR without question.

Advertisement
He has to start connecting on some of those deep balls he has missed if he is to go anywhere below rd 4 imo.

With that said, with my selfish cane shades on, I hope all the evaluations he gets from scouts gives him a 7th-UDFA grade, and tell him he could move up to 2nd-3rd round with another year and he listens to them. The Bears still would probably take him top 5 though....

Advertisement
He’s not going to get drafted high enough to leave in my opinion...

He’s not as fast as Murray and his arm though good is nowhere near Murray’s arm strength.

I just think we get fortunate and next year when we open against Bama he’s at the helm...jmo and I’m sticking to it.

If he leads us to victory over Clemson and puts up crazy stats then we can start talking top 2 rounds. Until then I think it’s all way too speculative

Advertisement
Hes not Murray or Russell. He might actually be shorter than Murray if we're being honest. He gets drafted as of right now as a WR, but I fear he goes undrafted if he doesnt budge on playing qb.

Kid is the best qb we've had since the 90s, but at his size you have to have ELITE accuracy at the next level especially on the deep ball.

A lot can change in the next few months, but even best case scenario where he puts up 40 to 50 TDs, its gonna be a struggle for him to find a team in the NFL willing to take him at qb.

Right now, he'd get drafted after at least Lawrence, Fields, and Lance. Add in Purdy, Ehlinger, Newman, Costello, Mond, Trask, and maybe a few others and it becomes a lot more of a crap shoot. Potential first round talent could end up undrafted because there are a lot of other positions to draft also.

King is barely 5’9
They said Murray wasn't really 5'10 either. I'm not saying he goes top 3 rounds, but crazier shït has happened. I mean Mitch the Bïtch going 2nd overall after having a cup of coffee at UNC. King is a much better football player than him. Depends on scheme/fit with the team. “King has that it factor man.”

E01D315D-48F5-4A8D-A8E1-8C781757AD7A.jpeg

Advertisement
Back