Be real for a second. Kings draft status.

They said Murray wasn't really 5'10 either. I'm not saying he goes top 3 rounds, but crazier shït has happened. I mean Mitch the Bïtch going 2nd overall after having a cup of coffee at UNC. King is a much better football player than him. Depends on scheme/fit with the team. “King has that it factor man.”

View attachment 132560
We all want and it will be great if he does make it as a qb. To me he’s an Antwan Randel El or Greg Ward type player in the nfl.

Advertisement
We all want and it will be great if he does make it as a qb. To me he’s an Antwan Randel El or Greg Ward type player in the nfl.
I think he is dynamic enough to make a 52 man roster at WR, but I hope he gets a crack at QB like you said. Hope nothing but good things for the young man, he makes it fun to be a Canes fan. Ive never really experienced this.

The height thing wouldn’t be an issue if he was more accurate. When you talk about Russell Wilson and Kyler Murray, you’re talking about two of the most accurate throwers in college history. Wilson broke the QBR record while playing at Wisconsin. Also Wilson was drafted when short QBs were still really taboo. He would not have lasted until the third round today. King’s accuracy on deep passes isn’t great. Or at least it’s not good enough for NFL teams to ignore his height. He could work his way up the board. It’s still early and he’s going to have chances to impress. A big problem is that the 2021 QB class is pretty loaded. There are guys who are already locks to go early in the first no matter what happens. I mean even if he totally kills it the rest of the season, hits all the buttons at the combine and somehow measures 5’11”, he still has no chance at all of going ahead of Trevor Lawrence or Justin Fields. Right now, second round is his ceiling. He’s probably a third or fourth rounder if they picked today. He’s dynamic enough for a team that already has a quarterback to use a third rounder on.

I don't think King has Kyler arm talent though and that ends up pushing him down around 3-4, assuming he keeps balling this season.

Advertisement
I don't think King has Kyler arm talent though and that ends up pushing him down around 3-4, assuming he keeps balling this season.

Kyler Murray has probably the strongest arm in the NFL. At worst he's Top 3. King doesn't have nearly the arm Kyler does. And it's no knock on King, Kyler Murray is one of the most special arm talents on the planet.

King will be a very, very interesting case study, because the opinions will be so wide on him. I will guarantee you that right this second there are NFL teams who have him as maybe a Day 2 or early Day 3 pick, and there are NFL teams who do not even have him on their board.

He's 5'8 and a half with a good not great arm, he's very accurate in the intermediate and short game but not in the 20+ window, and he'd be one of the 5 most athletic QBs in the league the minute he arrived at a camp. So there's plenty of positives but also several points of hesitation.
Again, as I've said several times, he still has most of a season to play and show even more than he has. This Saturday literally could not be a bigger showcase for him. It's the biggest game he's ever played in by miles.

I don’t know. But I feel he’s better then a lot of the starting QB’s in the league right now.

I would at the very least give him a chance.

Worse case, use him how the saints use #7

Last edited:
I should have said early. Not undrafted entirely. The NFL is constantly QB starved, so it wouldn’t surprise me to see someone take a shot on him. But his main drawback was his ability to throw down the field when he came here, and he hasn’t quieted those criticisms yet. But he’s been absolutely sensational and spectacular in every other aspect, and a complete godsend to this program. But he’s got a long way to go to sneak into Day 2. It’s possible, but it wouldn’t happen right now.
This. He's been great for us, but his downfield passing is not leaving NFL scouts drooling over him.

You will have a good idea after the Clemson game. If he can put on a show vs them, he will have a 2nd or 3rd round hype. If he fails against a good team, then it will be a knock on him at the draft and I can see 6th or 7th round.

Advertisement
Unreal, 3 games so far and some TALKING what round he's going for.
Well, to be fair, some of our idiot fans are talking about the need for a Go Fund Me site to raise money to keep Rhett Lashlee from getting a head coaching gig after game 3...so...

I think King will start at QB, but WR will ultimately be his position. Former Houston QB Greg Ward has made a nice transition to WR in the NFL.

I'd guess 5th round. His actual height and weight will be a big factor for him.

Does anyone know if he wants to 100% be QB, or if he'd tell NFL teams he'd be open to changing positions?

Advertisement
His accuracy is more of a concern then his height. He needs to be more consistent.
Go back and watch the 3 games he played and count the number of drops by the WR. Then reevaluate your compl %. I think you will be very surprised at how accurate he is.

Absolutely love having him here, want to watch more before giving a real draft opinion, but Murray was officially 5’10” 1/8 at the combine and nfl scouts measured King at 5’8” 5/8 this past spring

Mel Kiper would be proud of this thread. A few more pages in and King will be 5’4” and 43 years old playing with a birth certificate of a Cuban baseball player.

Look a little closer guys, that’s not King, that’s Orlando “El Duque” Hernandez.

Advertisement
Uhhhhh….who wants to tell this guy??
What, that there is one? So what? I expected it...many of our fans weren’t around when we actually had good coaches. I’m sure we can throw together $150,000, that will keep Rhett from taking a $2.2 million gig. 😂 why don’t we get used to winning a few games first before we start depending on one guy for any possible success. What’s next, a fund to keep King in school? Well...that’s Clemson, but not us.

Or he could do the Greg ward route. Qb at Houston switched wr for the Eagles. That’s if qb doesn’t work out In the nfl for him.

If he comes out this year, he goes no higher than 3rd imo. There will be too many qbs graded above him. Lawrence, Fields, North Dakota state qb, Georgia qb that opted out, Ian Book possibly... I think he gets drafted higher with the next round of qbs in 2022

Advertisement
Back