Battle for the Coastal

Broheims, this thread could've started and concluded with:

- we need to win out in conference (although a loss to FIU should end the program)
- UNC needs 3 conference losses (2 more/the Wake game does not count for those still magically cornfused)
- UVag needs 2 conference losses (1 more)

Mods should've then locked the thread to prevent the ensuing delusions of grandeur and the reverse compulsory wet blankets.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I will preface this by saying I love our Canes & am as ride or die as you’ll find.

This being said, there’s Allot of **** ********* amongst our ranks. Every year we are working **** Stephen Hawking like equations to figure out if we are worthy of getting waxed in ACCCG.

We Have to Deserve Victory not back pedal into a Grizzly Bear’s den asking if it can spare some sugar for your morning coffee. FML

I will preface this by saying I love our Canes & am as ride or die as you’ll find.

This being said, there’s Allot of **** ********* amongst our ranks. Every year we are working **** Stephen Hawking like equations to figure out if we are worthy of getting waxed in ACCCG.

We Have to Deserve Victory not back pedal into a Grizzly Bear’s den asking if it can spare some sugar for your morning coffee. FML

Silly takes by "season is over" crowd...

I don't give a **** if we lose 70-0 against Clemson. I think anyone in the Coastal is capable of that.

We have 6 more games. No ranked opponents. No chance to make a splash with recruits, to prove that "Miami is back". So we have to win the next 6 and at least show we are CAPABLE of making the ACC-CG to retain the recruits we have, and to make our best case for any fence-sitting undecideds. The best, and only, way to do that is to win the Coastal.

So, yeah, there is some tortured logic there, some "we need help" scenarios. But it is worth it, if it helps us generate some momentum with the recruits over this remaining 6-game stretch against 6 crappy unranked teams.

Yes, we would get waxed against Clemson. But we would be playing Clemson when 12 other ACC teams are sitting at home.

I pointed out that UNC, VaTech, and Virginia play each other, so some of those needed losses are going to happen.

We need to finish 9-3 and win the Coastal to save this recruiting season.

Advertisement
this thread is like a support group meeting of Delusional Fans Anonymous. lol

do these sad *** people even know WTF they are writing about ? all the intricate analysis of what Miami has to do to "win" the weakest dog**** division that exists on this ******* planet ? this is beyond pathetic.

these poor ****ers are the ones who are gonna stay up all night Xmas eve waiting for Santa Claus to squeeze his fat *** down the chimney and give them some toys.

Last edited:
Chances are low but still a chance. Let’s keep our ACCCG aspirations in this thread going forward. I’ll update it each week:

#6 in the Coastal

Need UVA to lose to Duke and or UNC.

Need UNC to lose to Duke and or Pitt

Need VT to lose to UNC, Wake, UVA, PITT,

GT is going to all but eliminate themselves.

Miami obviously needs to win out.

Let’s see how the games play the test of the season! We aren’t eliminated yet.

EGr5mnUXUAASmbz

hopefully your right...

Advertisement
Make this easier:

1. Miami wins out, beats GaTech, at Pitt, at F$U, Louisville, at Duke, finishes 6-2 in ACC with losses to UNC and VaTech.
2. Virginia must lose ONE (preferably two) of Duke, at Louisville, at UNC, GaTech, VaTech.
3. UNC must lose TWO of at VaTech, Duke, Virginia, at Pitt, at NC State.
4. Duke would lose head-to-head tiebreak to Miami (assuming #1), so it would be nice to have them lose one of GaTech, at UVa, UNC, Syracuse, at Wake Forest.
5. Pitt would lose head-to-heat tiebreak to Miami (assuming #1), so it would be nice to have them lose one of at Syracuse, at GaTech, UNC, at VaTech, Boston College.
6. VaTech must lose ONE of UNC, Wake Forest, at GaTech, Pitt, at UVa.
---GaTech is out (assuming #1).

So, for Week 7:
4. Root for GaTech to beat Duke (completes #4).

For Week 8:
2. Root for Duke to beat UVa (completes #2).
5. Root for Syracuse to beat Pitt (completes #5).

That's it, take it one week at a time. UVa MUST lose 1, UNC MUST lose 2, VaTech MUST lose 1.

UVa plays VaTech, so one will lose. UVa plays UNC, so one will lose. UNC plays VaTech, so one will lose.

Any reason y that WF game doesn’t count against UNC’s ACC record? How was that considered an OOC game?

Advertisement
this thread is like a support group meeting of Delusional Fans Anonymous. lol

do these sad *** people even know WTF they are writing about ? all the intricate analysis of what Miami has to do to "win" the weakest dog**** division that exists on this ******* planet ? this is beyond pathetic.

these poor ****ers are the ones who are gonna stay up all night Xmas eve waiting for Santa Claus to squeeze his fat *** down the chimney and give them some toys.
Lol 😂 and furthermore, it's a support group for current staff exactly as it exists for the next couple of years. No changes unless someone "steals" Enos 😱

Advertisement
Chances are low but still a chance. Let’s keep our ACCCG aspirations in this thread going forward. I’ll update it each week:

#6 in the Coastal

Need UVA to lose to Duke and or UNC.

Need UNC to lose to Duke and or Pitt

Need VT to lose to UNC, Wake, UVA, PITT,

GT is going to all but eliminate themselves.

Miami obviously needs to win out.

Let’s see how the games play the test of the season! We aren’t eliminated yet.

stop dreaming, man. The fast you stop thinking about ACCCG, the better for your mental sanity. The rest of the games are the going to be an audition for 2020 season.

Any reason y that WF game doesn’t count against UNC’s ACC record? How was that considered an OOC game?

it was brought up a while back. Basically, NC teams need to play each other once every so often as conference games. Wake and UNC were going to hit that mark this year so they forced them to play with the condition that it would not be a conf game

Advertisement
Back