Battle for the Coastal

Advertisement
Way too early for this. Let’s win the next 3 and then revisit our chances. (GT, Pitt, FSU are all winnable acc games but are still 50/50 games. Maybe GT is 75/25)

I’m pretty sure if multiple teams are tied it goes to the highest ranked team. So let’s root for everyone else losing 3 more times.

Advertisement
We aren't winning the coastal... the end. That ship sailed last week. Miami has 3 road games again ACC teams that have better records (FSU, Pitt, Duke). Miami has been downright ugly on the road for the last 2-3 years. Great if we win out but I'm not counting on wins before that changes.
Yeap we are not winning the coastal. So sad because the coastal sucks.

Advertisement
Chances are low but still a chance. Let’s keep our ACCCG aspirations in this thread going forward. I’ll update it each week:

#6 in the Coastal

Need UVA to lose to Duke and or UNC.

Need UNC to lose to Duke and or Pitt

Need VT to lose to UNC, Wake, UVA, PITT,

GT is going to all but eliminate themselves.

Miami obviously needs to win out.

Let’s see how the games play the test of the season! We aren’t eliminated yet.

Its fin, even if we win out (which we wont).

One savior of the same old "but...but...we can still win the Coastal" ruse we see every year in early October:

Dont have to worry about other teams losing so we back in, 'cause we will eliminate ourselves on the field before Halloween.

Advertisement
We aren't winning the coastal... the end. That ship sailed last week. Miami has 3 road games again ACC teams that have better records (FSU, Pitt, Duke). Miami has been downright ugly on the road for the last 2-3 years. Great if we win out but I'm not counting on wins before that changes.

With how bad and inconsistent the teams in this division are, anything is possible. We don't stand a chance against Clemson, but can you not see Virginia crapping the bed like they did on Friday? Duke is a well coached team but if we have a good day, we can beat them just on talent alone. FSWho? I don't think that kids believe in what Willie is selling anymore.

battle for the Coastal begins at home when we hire a new AD, the right coaching staff and stop the B.S. and find ourselves a new QB.

Advertisement
Make this easier:

1. Miami wins out, beats GaTech, at Pitt, at F$U, Louisville, at Duke, finishes 6-2 in ACC with losses to UNC and VaTech.
2. Virginia must lose ONE (preferably two) of Duke, at Louisville, at UNC, GaTech, VaTech.
3. UNC must lose TWO of at VaTech, Duke, Virginia, at Pitt, at NC State.
4. Duke would lose head-to-head tiebreak to Miami (assuming #1), so it would be nice to have them lose one of GaTech, at UVa, UNC, Syracuse, at Wake Forest.
5. Pitt would lose head-to-heat tiebreak to Miami (assuming #1), so it would be nice to have them lose one of at Syracuse, at GaTech, UNC, at VaTech, Boston College.
6. VaTech must lose ONE of UNC, Wake Forest, at GaTech, Pitt, at UVa.
---GaTech is out (assuming #1).

So, for Week 7:
4. Root for GaTech to beat Duke (completes #4).

For Week 8:
2. Root for Duke to beat UVa (completes #2).
5. Root for Syracuse to beat Pitt (completes #5).

That's it, take it one week at a time. UVa MUST lose 1, UNC MUST lose 2, VaTech MUST lose 1.

UVa plays VaTech, so one will lose. UVa plays UNC, so one will lose. UNC plays VaTech, so one will lose.
And if all this happens we go get our doors blown off, AGAIN, by Clemson???? That’s sounds exciting!

1. ACC Teams have a set number of ACC games. That number is 8.
2. If you look at the schedules of UNC and Wake, you’ll see that number is 9.
3. UNC and Wake petitioned the ACC to play that game as an “out-of-conference” game (Before the season)...maybe neither wanted to play ODU.
4. That’s why the UNC loss, and the Wake win does NOT count towards their ACC standings totals; It was an “out-of-conference“ game.

I think it’s a decent strategy that allows teams to stay connected to conference teams they rarely play. Here’s a decent article on a proposal to change that that references the ACC even though the article addresses the issue from the framework of the SEC

That’s bull chit, but it is what it is.

Advertisement
Back