Baseball has officially joined the football program..

Is the team trending in the right direction? Yes. You'd have to be either a troll or an idiot to deny that.
Trending in the right direction from what? Blowout losses? Losing second-tier December bowl games? Like I said before, if the upward trend is from being completely irrelevant...hey, aim high. But let's see results for once.

Advertisement
Did we have a ****load of underclassmen declaring early to become 8th round draft picks? No.
Did we lead the country in decommits again? No.
Did we land 2 five star players for the first time in many years? Yes.
Did Miami upgrade its recruiting staff and land some of the best recruiters in the country? Yes.
Did Miami get blown out by UNC? Yes. Did Miami blow out FSU? Yes.
Did FSU beat UNC? Yes.
If Miami had blown out UNC and lost to FSU, would trolls be happy about the direction of the program? No. They'd just sing a different tune and say that any team that lost to a garbage FSU squad is a total failure, yet they would still suck the wrinkles out of Mack Brown's saggy old ballsack.

Is the team trending in the right direction? Yes. You'd have to be either a troll or an idiot to deny that.

He’s “That guy”.

He’s “That guy”.

Again, you don't have to ability to discuss the topic. You only take shots at other people. So lame. If I am so wrong, use your words to prove it. The solid bet here is that you can't, that's why you don't try.

FYI, "that guy" isn't disappointed every November and June. He's a realist.

Anyone have a realistic figure of how much The Tomato King is currently giving to the school? I have a hard time imagining it's enough to keep his adopted son in a gifted position as he does his best imitation of Jim Morris....the Jim Morris that was just mailing it in and collecting paychecks at the end.

I'd hire Jeff Conine and would bring Lazer Collazo back. Sure, we'd probably still suck but at least it would look like we were trying instead of making lazy nepotism hires.

Advertisement
Anyone have a realistic figure of how much The Tomato King is currently giving to the school? I have a hard time imagining it's enough to keep his adopted son in a gifted position as he does his best imitation of Jim Morris....the Jim Morris that was just mailing it in and collecting paychecks at the end.

I'd hire Jeff Conine and would bring Lazer Collazo back. Sure, we'd probably still suck but at least it would look like we were trying instead of making lazy nepotism hires.
+1000 on Lazer. He's the goods when it comes to mechanics AND personality. Would be great in our clubhouse. But we know it won't happen.

When every returning player digresses and every freshman was better at the beginning of they year than at the end means you either got one of the worst coaching staffs in college or there was some serious issues inside the club house. ADC likely lost millions. He cant be a top 5 round pick now. If you dont fire the coach after that season you simply do not care about Canes baseball... its that simple. At this point you might as well let the maniac coach.

When every returning player digresses and every freshman was better at the beginning of they year than at the end means you either got one of the worst coaching staffs in college or there was some serious issues inside the club house. ADC likely lost millions. He cant be a top 5 round pick now. If you dont fire the coach after that season you simply do not care about Canes baseball... its that simple. At this point you might as well let the maniac coach.
I’ll coach

Advertisement
The AD was already under enough pressure because the football program was, after a promising start, ending on a pretty **** note. However, the football program, given the current coaching and recruiting situation, looks to be fine for now. If Manny would have **** the bed in his second season, I am fairly certain James would have been already on his way out, because football, by some margin, is the money driver.

However, the basketball program has completely collapsed and the baseball program has underachieved dramatically. Is this going to be enough? Maybe. Will it be? Nah. I dont have the hope for that.

However, if you look at the records every program has since Blake James started working as an AD from 2013...:

Football: 63-39
Basketball: 151-110
Baseball: 151-83

In football, its clearly not enough. The current winning percentage equates us to winning about eight games a season on a 13 game season (which would be a 8-5 record). Whether thats good enough for this program from a pure performance perspective is anyones guess. I am not sitting in any meetings. But if two of your bigger athletic programs is struggling like that, you have to wonder if the AD isnt part of it. Every school is different about this though. Just because USC´s AD hires coaches doesnt mean its happening here too. This article shows it too:

+1000 on Lazer. He's the goods when it comes to mechanics AND personality. Would be great in our clubhouse. But we know it won't happen.
Wasn’t there a major falling out between Lazer and Morris. I can’t remember what that was over.

But if my memory is correct Lazer went somewhere else and got fired there as well.

Wasn’t there a major falling out between Lazer and Morris. I can’t remember what that was over.

But if my memory is correct Lazer went somewhere else and got fired there as well.
Lazer was running lessons on the side, which turned out to be an NCAA violation. But Morris knew about it the whole time. Lazer took the fall the same way Turtle did on the over-recruiting thing. Morris came out squeaky clean despite having full knowledge of both situations.

He was at USF for a while. Speaking of USF coaches, does anyone know if we tried to keep Bo Durkac as a full time assistant? He seemed to have been a nice free addition in 2019.

Advertisement
He was at USF for a while. Speaking of USF coaches, does anyone know if we tried to keep Bo Durkac as a full time assistant? He seemed to have been a nice free addition in 2019.
Big mistake letting him go. He was a big part of our offensive success.

Big mistake letting him go. He was a big part of our offensive success.
If Gino is going to replace Lopez, he should probably be on the phone to him tonight if they lose to USA (he's head assistant and recruiting coordinator at USF - give him the same job at Miami and a raise if he was a big part of our 2019 offensive production).

Dominguez did just fine w the infielders' development.

Three Florida schools (o9ne SEC, one ACC as well) in a baseball regional with South Alabama and South Alabama wins it?

WTF is going on!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back