Baseball has officially joined the football program..

Did we have a ****load of underclassmen declaring early to become 8th round draft picks? No.
Did we lead the country in decommits again? No.
Did we land 2 five star players for the first time in many years? Yes.
Did Miami upgrade its recruiting staff and land some of the best recruiters in the country? Yes.
Did Miami get blown out by UNC? Yes. Did Miami blow out FSU? Yes.
Did FSU beat UNC? Yes.
If Miami had blown out UNC and lost to FSU, would trolls be happy about the direction of the program? No. They'd just sing a different tune and say that any team that lost to a garbage FSU squad is a total failure, yet they would still suck the wrinkles out of Mack Brown's saggy old ballsack.

Is the team trending in the right direction? Yes. You'd have to be either a troll or an idiot to deny that.

Hold on, hold on, hold on.

“Trending in the right direction” is a very slippery slope. Is a 8-3 record better than a 6-7 record? Yes; but, let’s throw so caution to trending in the right direction notion. This is an example of trending in the right direction:
-2016-first 10 games of 2017. We started 2016 4-4, we finished the season 5-0 & that 5-0 momentum carried over to 2017 as we started 10-0.

This is an example of trending in the wrong direction:
-Last 3 games of 2017 - 2018. We ended the season on a losing streak & that carried over to 2018.

Want another example of the presumptive notion of trending in the right direction due to having a better season than the previous? Look no further than Golden Mania 2012 - 2013. This is the quintessential example of a presumptive “trending up.”

-In 2012 we went 7-5, ending on a 2 game winning streak. ****, some argued we were the rightful Coastal Champions, but due to the ongoing investigation, we forfeited post season play. Going over into the 2013 season, that 2 game winning streak carried over & we started 7-0!! Just to proceed to end the season 2-4. That sour note carried over to 2014.

These Canes ended the season on a 2 game losing streak in embarrassing fashion. Not only did we have the worst defensive performance in our history, but we spotted OKSt a Madden skunk, before we scored our 1st TD! The final score “looked good” but we dug our grave.

History have shown when we end sour, the following season is not going to be good. So let’s be cautious in asserting & presuming we’re trending in the right direction. Let’s see if we break an eerie trend, ending seasons on a sour note & not allow it to carry over the following season to see if we’re truly trending in the right direction.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Speaking of Law School, my ex-gf/BFF now attends Miami Law. She actually attended b/c she used to come w/ me to the games back in the mid 2000’s, and I converted her to being a Miami fan. Her undergrad is from UCSB, she enrolled at Miami back in 2018. She says not sure what happened, but whatever rep The Law program had is just that, had. We talked last yr, and she was not overly impressed.
Went out with a U law professor. She ripped up her Dolphin season tickets when Romney was allowed into the stadium once.

Big Bernie volunteer, she spouted straight Marxism. Pretty, though. And had the fat on her.

Hold on, hold on, hold on.

“Trending in the right direction” is a very slippery slope. Is a 8-3 record better than a 6-7 record? Yes; but, let’s throw so caution to trending in the right direction notion. This is an example of trending in the right direction:
-2016-first 10 games of 2017. We started 2016 4-4, we finished the season 5-0 & that 5-0 momentum carried over to 2017 as we started 10-0.

This is an example of trending in the wrong direction:
-Last 3 games of 2017 - 2018. We ended the season on a losing streak & that carried over to 2018.

Want another example of the presumptive notion of trending in the right direction due to having a better season than the previous? Look no further than Golden Mania 2012 - 2013. This is the quintessential example of a presumptive “trending up.”

-In 2012 we went 7-5, ending on a 2 game winning streak. ****, some argued we were the rightful Coastal Champions, but due to the ongoing investigation, we forfeited post season play. Going over into the 2013 season, that 2 game winning streak carried over & we started 7-0!! Just to proceed to end the season 2-4. That sour note carried over to 2014.

These Canes ended the season on a 2 game losing streak in embarrassing fashion. Not only did we have the worst defensive performance in our history, but we spotted OKSt a Madden skunk, before we scored our 1st TD! The final score “looked good” but we dug our grave.

History have shown when we end sour, the following season is not going to be good. So let’s be cautious in asserting & presuming we’re trending in the right direction. Let’s see if we break an eerie trend, ending seasons on a sour note & not allow it to carry over the following season to see if we’re truly trending in the right direction.

None of that matters.

Went out with a U law professor. She ripped up her Dolphin season tickets when Romney was allowed into the stadium once.

Big Bernie volunteer, she spouted straight Marxism. Pretty, though. And had the fat on her.
Funny GIF

Advertisement
I've pretty much logged out of football, but is the general consensus that we're going to beat Bama?

I've pretty much logged out of football, but is the general consensus that we're going to beat Bama?
Only among the delusional. Most just want to see us be competitive, wherever that leads.

The school does not care about winning, it is that simple. The ACC sends paychecks and they are happy to spread an image of Building Champions, even though champions to them is not about winning on the field or court.

They want yes men in charge that will not give the school issues or run a rouge program. Keep the players out of trouble, recruit kids that are safe and hopefully good at what they do. UM can still sell it's name in some respects, still can sell local to some players, and still sell Miami and the atmosphere of South Florida to amass talent. The issue is development. It is sad to see for many kids come here and leave under drafted of not drafted at all. Mainly due to poor coaching/lack of proper development.

Image is important, and it seems kids these days gravitate towards it, but back it the day we were said to have sh*t facilities, yet pumped out some of the greatest to ever play the game. It was a different type of coach though, and perhaps talent, but we will not know until we can properly develop the talent.

We were told to wait until the end of the season by some to properly evaluate the team. We can't recruit due to the cost, the upper class men aren't doing their job... always excuses, but the fact is, no matter how much money, and who is on the roster, the school does not care, and will not do what is needed to actually Build Champions on the field, and they will not do what is need to put people in place to make it happen. Just look at football, who wanted the job and who actually got it. Imagine who may have wanted it and we never knew, because they may have been a little difficult to deal with. Puppets, that is all they want.

Advertisement

Jimmy went 8-5 year one then blew the doors off college football. Coker won 20+ in a row then destroyed the program. Richt was basically .500 then peeled off 15 straight.

None of our past has anything to do with this team, this staff and what they will or won’t accomplish.

Jimmy went 8-5 year one then blew the doors off college football. Coker won 20+ in a row then destroyed the program. Richt was basically .500 then peeled off 15 straight.

None of our past has anything to do with this team, this staff and what they will or won’t accomplish.
Those are great examples of how the whole system has to work. That 84 team had great players, but the coaching staff didn't work well together despite past success. Coker had a team that had been coached up and didn't need new coaches to set the tone, but as they left, things went downhill. Richt tried to give the team the identity it was lacking and we saw what happened when it kicked in.

For all the people who are certain it's all about coaching, recruiting, or culture, this shows it's all aspects.

Advertisement

LOL:

Dude; we’re talking a consistent history for 15+ yrs & u bring up JJ? Lol. I clearly outlined why we shouldn’t be so quick to say we’re trending in the right direction when we’re on a TWO GAME losing streak, and it might be 3 starting next season.

LOL:

Dude; we’re talking a consistent history for 15+ yrs & u bring up JJ? Lol. I clearly outlined why we shouldn’t be so quick to say we’re trending in the right direction when we’re on a TWO GAME losing streak, and it might be 3 starting next season.
Mrs. Diaz has a certain agenda Relly, excuse her

Advertisement
LOL:

I brought up Richt too. He was the last HC here.

The point is none of those games or coaches have anything to do with this season.

Bro, did u read the post? Lol. I’m the one that brought up Richt & what an example of trending up & not. Lol. He was literally the first example of why we should be cautious. Lol

My point isn’t Richt or Johnson or Coker. My point is looking to the past to formulate opinions about the present is a mistake in my opinion. This season is an individual entity and no prior performances or even last year has any bearing on it.

My point isn’t Richt or Johnson or Coker. My point is looking to the past to formulate opinions about the present is a mistake in my opinion. This season is an individual entity and no prior performances or even last year has any bearing on it.
So Miami vs Alabama must be ‘Pick Em in Vegas since every new season is a clean slate.

Advertisement
Back