Baseball has officially joined the football program..

Skip Cane

Recruit
I had hopes when Morris retired that Cane Baseball would return to some semblance of the program I had always loved. I was wrong. DiMare can recruit, but something is missing. I'm tired of mediocrity.

Advertisement
I had hopes when Morris retired that Cane Baseball would return to some semblance of the program I had always loved. I was wrong. DiMare can recruit, but something is missing. I'm tired of mediocrity.

Blake James is an beta idiot! Richt retires; what does he do? Keeps continuity of mediocrity & underachieving by hiring an unproven guy from his staff to lead the “charge.” (Oh, Dad is a close friend of the BOT)

Morris FINALLY retires, what does he do? Keeps continuity of mediocrity & underachieving by hiring an unproven guy from his staff to lead the “charge.” (Oh, Dad is a member of The BOT)

The whole AD is a f’ing joke.

Blake James is an beta idiot! Richt retires; what does he do? Keeps continuity of mediocrity & underachieving by hiring an unproven guy from his staff to lead the “charge.” (Oh, Dad is a close friend of the BOT)

Morris FINALLY retires, what does he do? Keeps continuity of mediocrity & underachieving by hiring an unproven guy from his staff to lead the “charge.” (Oh, Dad is a member of The BOT)

The whole AD is a f’ing joke.

BLAKE JAMES DOES NOT HIRE THE COACHES

Jesus tapdancing Christ I don't know how many times I gotta say on here that James does not do the hiring. The Trustees do. Don't like it? Become a Trustee. Otherwise you're an old man yelling at a cloud.

Y'all really, REALLY don't get what PRIVATE UNIVERSITY means.

Advertisement

Jesus tapdancing Christ I don't know how many times I gotta say on here that James does not do the hiring. The Trustees do. Don't like it? Become a Trustee. Otherwise you're an old man yelling at a cloud.

USC is a private University, isn’t it? Let me answer the question for u. Yes the Fck it is. Duke; that’s a private University as well, right? How bout Stanford?

Let me give u a word of advice; stick to finances. Just b/c Miami may do chit half *** backwards, DONT mean that’s the norm.

I can name drop my intimate connections to the aforementioned schools & their inner workings, but for what? I don’t need to; but this rhetoric of “Miami is a private school” bull chit has got to stop coming out of ur mouth. The BOT is supposed to approve chit, not meddle & get overtly involved. Maybe that’s the first problem; no confidence in the AD like a normal, competently ran school.

Last edited:
Advertisement
USC is a private University, isn’t it? Let me answer the question for u. Yes the Fck it is. Duke; that’s a private University as well, right? How bout Stanford?

Let me give u a word of advice; stick to finances. Just b/c Miami may do chit half *** backwards, DONT mean that’s the norm.

I can name drop my intimate connections to the aforementioned schools & their inner workings, but for what? I don’t need to. But this Miami is a private school bull chit has got to stop coming out of ur mouth. The BOT is supposed to approve chit, not meddle & get overtly involved. Maybe that’s the first problem; no confidence in the AD like a normal, productively ran school.
Add the Irish as well.

I can name drop my intimate connections to the aforementioned schools & their inner workings, but for what? I don’t need to. But this Miami is a private school bull chit has got to stop coming out of ur mouth. The BOT is supposed to approve chit, not meddle & get overtly involved. Maybe that’s the first problem; no confidence in the AD like a normal, productively ran school.
Like clockwork after an unacceptable performance one of the white knighters on this board comes to the defense of the university.

Guess what Rell, if you don’t like what’s going on just start your own university.

Add the Irish as well.

Bro, it’s maddening to hear excuses made.

In no shape or form do I root for any of those teams I used as an example; in fact, I hate those schools (lol) BUT, I know for a fact ADs at these aforementioned programs are responsible for ATHLETICS! A sector of the BOT is only there to approve budgets & oversee any compliance issues. The AD & his/her dept is solely responsible for school athletics, including hiring & firings. If the athletics ain’t up to par, AD’s r fired.

Advertisement

Can you stop with this nonsense. The big boosters have pull with athletics at EVERY school. Go look at what has been going on with Auburn, granted it’s a different business model. Plus, it was pretty well documented on here that the board wanted Cristobal and BJ went out and got Manny. So that entirely refutes your point.

The reality is Miami is a rudderless ship and has stunk in every facet, academics included, for over a decade now. The entire school needs to look in the mirror and ask what it’s doing and what it wants to be.

Can you stop with this nonsense. The big boosters have pull with athletics at EVERY school. Go look at what has been going on with Auburn, granted it’s a different business model. Plus, it was pretty well documented on here that the board wanted Cristobal and BJ went out and got Manny. So that entirely refutes your point.

The reality is Miami is a rudderless ship and has stunk in every facet, academics included, for over a decade now. The entire school needs to look in the mirror and ask what it’s doing and what it wants to be.
So well stated. UM has no identity. Under Donna UM was prioritizing academics. Now I have no idea what the priorities are (certainly not sports!) Undergrad is getting passed by FSU. The professional programs (law, business, medicine) all continue to be mediocre. You can't be mediocre at $60k per year. Or maybe there will always be enough rich Cubans and northeasterners willing to pay for mediocrity in a beautiful location to keep UM's giant bloated workforce employed? I surely wouldn't send my kids there if they were of age.

Advertisement
So well stated. UM has no identity. Under Donna UM was prioritizing academics. Now I have no idea what the priorities are (certainly not sports!) Undergrad is getting passed by FSU. The professional programs (law, business, medicine) all continue to be mediocre. You can't be mediocre at $60k per year. Or maybe there will always be enough rich Cubans and northeasterners willing to pay for mediocrity in a beautiful location to keep UM's giant bloated workforce employed? I surely wouldn't send my kids there if they were of age.
I didn’t care for Shalala, but you’re absolutely right. Under her it was research and buying UHealth. Granted, the latter almost collapsed Jackson, the medical school, and we overpaid by about $100m. Like you said, there is not a single area not in free fall

The law school emailed me a couple of months back to see if I’d speak to prospective students about why they should attend UM. I told them they should probably ask someone else, as I would not recommend someone spend that much to go there reputation wise, quality of education, career services.

I am actually taking the exact opposite approach with donations. They are not getting anything from me until I see it won’t be set on fire.

I am confused as to why being a private university means we are stuck with crappy athletic programs. Someone explain that to me.
It’s an excuse. Presumably because state schools 1) have some support from the state and 2) churn out more alums, so while their average donations are lower, if you have 40,000 graduates a year who each give $50, do the math. But Miami’s problem is we have become experts at wasting money through **** hires. State schools also have more land for facilities and things like that, though that really is only an issue with the on campus football stadium.

In baseball specifically, the argument is you can’t give out full scholarships, so a state school has an advantage from a tuition perspective. While there is some validity to it, as usual, we were also late in setting up an endowment like Vanderbilt did. So we didn’t take matters into our own hands and try to negate that. Also, we had a **** hire.

Including fans who don't contribute anything to the program but feel entitled to an opinion about how it's run.

If you want change, open up your checkbook.
I do contribute to the university and I'll have any opinion I want.. and post it here if I want. So, why don't you **** off with your bull**** already. This is a forum and we'll have opinions on whatever we want. If you want to change that, put everyone on ignore or get over yourself asap. self important **** head.

Advertisement
Back