Barry Jackson says Butch is a fallback option

Yeah. I know. Cuban Al has already been hired.
Lol. It's such a terrible hire I can't even fathom it. We would be the laughing stock of college football

Aren't we already?
I was going to add that in my post. It would be scraping just a little more from the bottom of the barrel.

Im convinced this program isn't moving forward until Blake is removed and an actual qualified AD is hired. What a mess

Blake is an incompetent buffoon, but he's really NOT the problem.
It's the school and it's lack of commitment to athletics.
That's why I laugh at these threads about Fuente and Herman.
Those guys aint coming here, and why should they when there are better jobs
out there that are willing to do what it takes to win?

Same reason why after 30 years of following recruiting I no longer follow it.
I sleep better not having an inkling of who these recent decommits are that some
folks are fretting over.
I knew this sort of season was coming, so why get all gizzed up over nothing?
That's the approach I'm taking with this program if they hire who I think they are going to. At some point the anger and frustration ain't worth it. It's not even enjoyable to watch. **** I wasn't even mad about today's loss. I was sad at what this program has become but losing doesn't elicit the same emotions. If the higher ups don't care and clearly they don't then why invest time and energy (speaking for myself).

My only hope is that they fall *** backwards into a good coach during this search sort of like they did with coach L. Otherwise I'm gonna just have to move on.

Advertisement
Lol. It's such a terrible hire I can't even fathom it. We would be the laughing stock of college football

Aren't we already?
I was going to add that in my post. It would be scraping just a little more from the bottom of the barrel.

Im convinced this program isn't moving forward until Blake is removed and an actual qualified AD is hired. What a mess

I sleep better not having an inkling of who these recent decommits are that some
folks are fretting over.
That's the approach I'm taking with this program if they hire who I think they are going to. At some point the anger and frustration ain't worth it. It's not even enjoyable to watch. **** I wasn't even mad about today's loss. I was sad at what this program has become but losing doesn't elicit the same emotions. If the higher ups don't care and clearly they don't then why invest time and energy (speaking for myself).

My only hope is that they fall *** backwards into a good coach during this search sort of like they did with coach L. Otherwise I'm gonna just have to move on.

Already on that path.
I watch some of the games live, DVR all of them and erase (and don't bother watching) when they don't win.
Not worth getting upset and ****ed during my 48 hours of weekend time.
Too many other things to have those aholes ruin my weekend.

I hope to God that these nitwits do not consider Mario Cristobal as a "more appealing option" than Butch Davis. With that said, I'm okay with waiting a few more weeks if we can get Herman or Fuente.

This, as well as Strong. That dude is failing miserably at Texas.

If Texas cans Strong, wouldn't it make sense for them to pursue Herman. Yet another competitor for coaching talent. Smh.

Advertisement
Difference this search cycle: There is NO AD running the search...

but just a couple of BoT members who utilizes a fake AD in-name-only to make some secretarial calls to agents and search firms on what not to do. What would the AD's associate respond to a Butch Davis question with just "his understanding is" ?

### As for the coaching search, it's still in the early stages and UM has been in no rush, partly because several appealing options won’t be available for weeks; for example, potential candidate Charlie Strong’s Texas team closes its regular season on Dec. 5. Athletic director Blake James has been talking to search firms about assisting with the process…

A Trustee said though it’s not a requirement, James does look at proven ability to recruit South Florida as a major plus. That would help Mario Cristobal and Strong, among others…. Keep in mind that UM inquired about Georgia’s Mark Richt (who could become available) in its last coaching search, but Richt indicated at that time he was happy in Athens....

During the game, got a text from a prominent former Canes player pleading for UM to hire Butch Davis. But an associate of James said his understanding is that Davis remains simply a fallback option, if several more appealing options don't materialize.

Dolphins can clear lots of cap space to fill needs; Gannon's concerns; UM postscripts, coaching search notes; Heat, Marlins chatter | Sports Buzz

Butch is the architect of UM last great revival and rise from the death of major sanction. Yet, with the answer of the AD's Associate saying that "his understanding is" that Butch Davis ain't nothing but a "fall back option" and with that Flake's flunky having the gall and audacity to put it out there like that and so disrespectfully has significance.

I think I know where this is going! Anybody else think or know what is behind such audacity and notoriously public disrespect of Butch Davis?

Yes, Butch is God. And the Messiah. This is sacreligious stuff! Don't diss Butch!

Aren't we already?

folks are fretting over.

Already on that path.
I watch some of the games live, DVR all of them and erase (and don't bother watching) when they don't win.

Same here. I had to watch the UNC game on a delay, because I don't get ESPNU. I started it on ESPN3, got through the first quarter. Then something went wrong with the stream. I had to restart it, and tried to scroll it forward to the end of the first quarter. It skipped ahead to 31-0, I said, "Oh, brother" and I just quit. I think I might have seen where UNC had 50 something points and I just knew it's all over. I don't know if this program will ever revive. This is perhaps the worst season ever.

He's gonna miss on Fuente and Herman and Richt. He's gonna hire Marion BC recruiting bro. May all of you ******s saying Mario should be on staff choke on a bag of ****s today

Advertisement
I just want them to get the right guy. I am tired of losing, time to move forward. If they hire Butch I am 100% for it, but if they chose to hire someone else, I won't be mad. Make the right hire and get UM football back to the top.

Aren't we already?

folks are fretting over.

Already on that path.

Can't recall the last time I watched a game live in person or TV...never b4...maybe next yr

Butch is the Past! Recycled ideas, past accolades, what used to work is NOT good enough for the future of The U!

Butch Davis was great, but we need urgency and change! We need someone who will excite the players, fans, and recruiting base! Players want to play for someone and a system that is exciting, Butch is not that!

Let's leave the great past where it belongs in the past! Bring in someone who will excite and take The U to the next level and make new history!

Make The U great again!

Advertisement
I hope to God that these nitwits do not consider Mario Cristobal as a "more appealing option" than Butch Davis. With that said, I'm okay with waiting a few more weeks if we can get Herman or Fuente.

You've been a fan long enough to know we have THE most incompetent set of administrators in the country. I wouldn't put it past them for one second to currently have Cristobal's name higher up the list than Butch's.

If anyone can **** this up for the 4th consecutive hire....it's these ********. Get your popcorn ready.

Davis > Herman > Fuente

In any case I will be cautiously optimistic and hope for the best for a couple of seasons until they show themselves to be ineffective. Basically the same thing I've been doing since Butch left.

Butch is the Past! Recycled ideas, past accolades, what used to work is NOT good enough for the future of The U!

Butch Davis was great, but we need urgency and change! We need someone who will excite the players, fans, and recruiting base! Players want to play for someone and a system that is exciting, Butch is not that!

Let's leave the great past where it belongs in the past! Bring in someone who will excite and take The U to the next level and make new history!

Make The U great again!

AndrewDolt_400x400.JPG

Today, 08:52 AM

IamaCane4Life
Recruit
Join Date Sep 2015
Posts 11

Is it any wonder?

Advertisement
So allegedly we put a premium with experience recruiting South Florida but not on winning. Hire Strong and Mario if you want to continue our current trend.

We're seriously being trolled at this point. People are talking about the following names as serious candidates for the job:

Mario (27-47 and fired by FIU) Cristobal
Lane (fired mid-season at 2 different jobs) Kiffin
Charlie (under .500 at Texas) Strong

Makes sense.

Butch is in the bag. He aint going no where else and he has already played his hand. In the long run that hurt him because they will not seal the deal until they know there is not anything better out there and it also hurt his ability to negotiate his pay.

At least USCe fans aren't delusional:

If we gonna go after coaches like the coach at Memphis, Houston, Bowling Green, Kirby Smart then Carolina footbal is dead for the next 5 years. If we can't get,Bob Stoops, Michigan St's coach or a name coach then I will stop keeping up with South Carolina till the hire a good coach. SC has never done well with no name coaches or an asst.

Advertisement
Back