Barry Jackson says Butch is a fallback option

Problem2

All-American
Premium
### As for the coaching search, it's still in the early stages and UM has been in no rush, partly because several appealing options won’t be available for weeks; for example, potential candidate Charlie Strong’s Texas team closes its regular season on Dec. 5. Athletic director Blake James has been talking to search firms about assisting with the process…

A Trustee said though it’s not a requirement, James looks at proven ability to recruit South Florida as a major plus. That would help Mario Cristobal and Strong, among others…. Keep in mind that UM inquired about Georgia’s Mark Richt (who could become available) in its last coaching search, but Richt indicated at that time he was happy in Athens....

During the game, got a text from a prominent former Canes player pleading for UM to hire Butch Davis. But an associate of James said his understanding is that Davis remains simply a fallback option, if several more appealing options don't materialize.

Dolphins can clear lots of cap space to fill needs; Gannon's concerns; UM postscripts, coaching search notes; Heat, Marlins chatter | Sports Buzz

HERMAN HERMAN HERMAN

Advertisement
### As for the coaching search, it's still in the early stages and UM has been in no rush, partly because several appealing options won’t be available for weeks; for example, potential candidate Charlie Strong’s Texas team closes its regular season on Dec. 5. Athletic director Blake James has been talking to search firms about assisting with the process…

A Trustee said though it’s not a requirement, James looks at proven ability to recruit South Florida as a major plus. That would help Mario Cristobal and Strong, among others…. Keep in mind that UM inquired about Georgia’s Mark Richt (who could become available) in its last coaching search, but Richt indicated at that time he was happy in Athens....

During the game, got a text from a prominent former Canes player pleading for UM to hire Butch Davis. But an associate of James said his understanding is that Davis remains simply a fallback option, if several more appealing options don't materialize.

Dolphins can clear lots of cap space to fill needs; Gannon's concerns; UM postscripts, coaching search notes; Heat, Marlins chatter | Sports Buzz

HERMAN HERMAN HERMAN

I think this is the feeling we all get

I hope to God that these nitwits do not consider Mario Cristobal as a "more appealing option" than Butch Davis. With that said, I'm okay with waiting a few more weeks if we can get Herman or Fuente.

Advertisement
I hope to God that these nitwits do not consider Mario Cristobal as a "more appealing option" than Butch Davis. With that said, I'm okay with waiting a few more weeks if we can get Herman or Fuente.

This, as well as Strong. That dude is failing miserably at Texas.

***** putting a premium on familiarity with recruiting down here. Just get the best coach. Assistants can tell you about the lay of the land

Advertisement
Advertisement
***** putting a premium on familiarity with recruiting down here. Just get the best coach. Assistants can tell you about the lay of the land

This scares the **** out of me, since it leads me to think Cristobal and Strong could be front-runners.

Misinformation from the powers who have already picked Butch.

Barry Jackson is such a friggin toad. He will need his lips surgically removed from Mario Bob's ***. What he wrote is such a load of horsesh*t

This douche nozzle thinks rosie o'donnell is hot. WTF does he know ?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Article also said Blake may be hiring a search committee who will hopefully see the value in Herman. But if you have to hire a search committee then what the **** are you collecting checks for?

LOL @ hiring another search committee. That has worked out so well for us in the last two hires.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MARIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Advertisement
Back