Barry Jackson says Butch is a fallback option

Outside of Butch, why would any big name coach want to come to this dumpster fire program? People need to wake up. The U is dead.

Advertisement
Difference this search cycle: There is NO AD running the search...

but just a couple of BoT members who utilizes a fake AD in-name-only to make some secretarial calls to agents and search firms on what not to do. What would the AD's associate respond to a Butch Davis question with just "his understanding is" ?

### As for the coaching search, it's still in the early stages and UM has been in no rush, partly because several appealing options won’t be available for weeks; for example, potential candidate Charlie Strong’s Texas team closes its regular season on Dec. 5. Athletic director Blake James has been talking to search firms about assisting with the process…

A Trustee said though it’s not a requirement, James does look at proven ability to recruit South Florida as a major plus. That would help Mario Cristobal and Strong, among others…. Keep in mind that UM inquired about Georgia’s Mark Richt (who could become available) in its last coaching search, but Richt indicated at that time he was happy in Athens....

During the game, got a text from a prominent former Canes player pleading for UM to hire Butch Davis. But an associate of James said his understanding is that Davis remains simply a fallback option, if several more appealing options don't materialize.

Dolphins can clear lots of cap space to fill needs; Gannon's concerns; UM postscripts, coaching search notes; Heat, Marlins chatter | Sports Buzz

Butch is the architect of UM last great revival and rise from the death of major sanction. Yet, with the answer of the AD's Associate saying that "his understanding is" that Butch Davis ain't nothing but a "fall back option" and with that Flake's flunky having the gall and audacity to put it out there like that and so disrespectfully has significance.

I think I know where this is going! Anybody else think or know what is behind such audacity and notoriously public disrespect of Butch Davis?

Advertisement
Difference this search cycle: There is NO AD running the search...

but just a couple of BoT members who utilizes a fake AD in-name-only to make some secretarial calls to agents and search firms on what not to do. What would the AD's associate respond to a Butch Davis question with just "his understanding is" ?

### As for the coaching search, it's still in the early stages and UM has been in no rush, partly because several appealing options won’t be available for weeks; for example, potential candidate Charlie Strong’s Texas team closes its regular season on Dec. 5. Athletic director Blake James has been talking to search firms about assisting with the process…

A Trustee said though it’s not a requirement, James does look at proven ability to recruit South Florida as a major plus. That would help Mario Cristobal and Strong, among others…. Keep in mind that UM inquired about Georgia’s Mark Richt (who could become available) in its last coaching search, but Richt indicated at that time he was happy in Athens....

During the game, got a text from a prominent former Canes player pleading for UM to hire Butch Davis. But an associate of James said his understanding is that Davis remains simply a fallback option, if several more appealing options don't materialize.

Dolphins can clear lots of cap space to fill needs; Gannon's concerns; UM postscripts, coaching search notes; Heat, Marlins chatter | Sports Buzz

Butch is the architect of UM last great revival and rise from the death of major sanction. Yet, with the answer of the AD's Associate saying that "his understanding is" that Butch Davis ain't nothing but a "fall back option" and with that Flake's flunky having the gall and audacity to put it out there like that and so disrespectfully has significance.

I think I know where this is going! Anybody else think or know what is behind such audacity and notoriously public disrespect of Butch Davis?

It's just disgusting. I hate these clowns and this damned Sun Tan U. It almost seems like the Troll is still here. What's with this stubborn, obstinate hatred of Butch Davis? And what's with all the love for NOT SO Super Mario?

Last edited:
F*** Strong. F*** Cristobal. Make Tom Herman an offer he can't refuse and change the broken culture of this program before it's too late.

Jackson throws out a bunch of crap to see what sticks. UM has a search committee-its already picked .

barry also claimed golden wasnt getting fired that sunday. lets hope someone is giving him wrong info. that being said, he is normally accurate.

Advertisement

A Trustee said though it’s not a requirement, James looks at proven ability to recruit South Florida as a major plus. That would help Mario Cristobal and Strong, among others…. Keep in mind that UM inquired about Georgia’s Mark Richt (who could become available) in its last coaching search, but Richt indicated at that time he was happy in Athens....

HERMAN HERMAN HERMAN

sometimes it is not only what is said that speaks volumes but what is not said. waiting a few weeks and proven ability to recruit sofla is not etched in stone (although herman got torrance gibson iirc).

this speaks of seriousness over someone NOT mentioned in this article

I agree this program is a dumpster fire

Worst run school in the country. These clowns could #### up anything. I'm so ****ed at these people I can hardly stand it. If they hire Mario or some other similarly unprepared doofus, I'm turning in my Cane card. You just can't make this kind of stupid **** up. What a disaster! Why don't these azzes just FOLD THE DAMNED PROGRAM!

Damned Beanerdick! What a horrendous hire!

Jackson throws out a bunch of crap to see what sticks. UM has a search committee-its already picked .

NO, it's not about Jackson. The BoT and UM Admin and these so called Associate of the Fake-Flake AD are the set of doofus that throws out a bunch of crap to see what the reaction is and making people thing that a process is underway AND FOR US CRAZY FANS TO STAY OFF THEIR ASSES AND NOT MAKE NOISE ... Whatever it is that they will do, is already DONE! and they are just bidding the passage of time to implement it.

But, I do think that this is even more reason that the FANS need to keep flying a banner to state TO UM Honchos that we fans want to: MAKE MIAMI GREAT AGAIN -- BUTCH DAVIS 2015

Otherwise,

What the f*** is with this admin's apparent infatuation with Charlie Strong? Seriously.

Texas is 4-6 this season and they'll likely lose their last two games (vs. Texas Tech and @ Baylor). They were shutout by Iowa State two weeks ago. Their offense and defense are both ranked in the 100s. Strong has been a disaster at UT in his first two years.

Meanwhile, a coach in the same state has started 10-0 with the prior regime's players and just knocked off a ranked opponent with a third-string QB -- who began the year as a WR -- playing the final 32 minutes of the game. And he's doing it one year after a phenomenal three-season stint at Ohio State where he won the Broyles and a national title as a co-OC, QB coach, and playcaller.

What. The. F***?!?!?! How is our administration so blind?

Advertisement
Advertisement
DiMare wants Butch. DiMare's decision supersedes Blakes. Butch will be the next coach. I'm not buying the whole he's a back up plan. They are covering their asses and making it seem like they are actually doing their due diligence.

This whole athletic department sucks. Prove me wrong by making a bold out of the box hire.

Advertisement
Back