Barry Jackson--recruiting tips for Diaz

We should 100% go get Devin Bush Sr.

**** I'd even be in favor of bringing back guys like Corey Bell or Wesley McGriff.

Also would replace Stubbs with DJ McCarthy to, but he's beloved on this board so you're not really allowed to speak on that, but I can tell you we're going to struggle landing South Fla WR's for the 2021/22 classes with him calling the shots as WR coach.

Get prepared for lots OOS of medium speed "route technicians" for the near future.
Should have got trooper Taylor and seider when the staff was being constructed. I cant Complain about Hickson recruiting whatsoever and Taylor recruiting is pretty solid this cycle, we will see what he does in the future

Advertisement
Should have got trooper Taylor and seider when the staff was being constructed. I cant Complain about Hickson recruiting whatsoever and Taylor recruiting is pretty solid this cycle, we will see what he does in the future
Hickson is good money, he's a gem, he'll do well for us in Broward.

Stubbs ain't it, but that's just my opinion... Since I know a lot of people on here are love with him I'll get attacked for even suggesting he be replaced lol. But, if I were Diaz, I'd have Hickson recruit all our local WR's if he's hellbent on keeping Stubbs on staff.

Hickson is good money, he's a gem, he'll do well for us in Broward.

Stubbs ain't it, but that's just my opinion... Since I know a lot of people on here are love with him I'll get attacked for even suggesting he be replaced lol. But, if I were Diaz, I'd have Hickson recruit all our local WR's if he's hellbent on keeping Stubbs on staff.

I haven’t seen too many Stubbs defenders. I remember some of the game day posts.

Great positions coaches would have these guys killing it.

Remember when everyone was sucking Manny’s **** and @Coach Macho said these dudes could not recruit. Every loser CIS said he was making **** up because Manny was chugging natty lights at coaching clinics and arriving in yachts like a SaVAgE.

I forgot, he even said either join us or get your *** kicked by us during a junior day. He was basically a dorky CIS posters wet dream.

We're ranked 12th on 247 by player average after a 6-6 season

Is Cristobal now a **** recruiter because he's being out recruited by a Manny Diaz led staff?

Teams ahead of us are

OSU
Clemson
Oklahoma
Auburn
Bama
UGA
LSU
Texas A&M
UF
ND
Texas

Get the best position coaches you can hire. Then narrow that group down to best recruiters.

I would not mind a ‘Director of Recruiting’ with the local community connections everyone is referring. Maybe they can’t go on home visits?

Advertisement
"Blustein said it’s vital. “A [great recruiter with local ties] would help,” Blustein said. “This is not an opinion. It’s a fact. Do they have a coach who can go into inner city living rooms? Parents are not going to relate to some of these coaches."

“[Cornerbacks coach] Mike Rumph didn’t get [Alabama and former St. Thomas Aquinas] cornerback Pat Surtain. He hasn’t gotten [a lot of the top kids]. Trajan Bandy loved the program; that’s why he came."

"Add another quality recruiter or two to the staff, says the top two local recruiting analysts, Larry Blustein and Charles Fishbein:"

“They don’t have a guy who can sit in a living room and pull in these kids,” Blustein continued. “We’ll see with the Northwestern juniors; they will try to get [four-star Class of 2021 Miami Northwestern outside linebacker] Terrence Lewis but I doubt they will get him. Alabama, UF have more on the table” in terms of winning, attendance and other appealing assets."

"Fishbein agrees: “Manny is going to have to make changes to his staff.”

"Blustein said: “Why not hire [Miami Central High coach] Roland Smith? He’s a consummate pro, a former Miami Hurricane. He has that presence to go into living rooms. You’ve got to play to the strengths of your team. They’re missing out on a lot of guys.”

Manny would not have to do much if we could win at least 10 games a season we can blame rumph all we want but we not getting any top guys if we cant win, 6-6 is just terrible in the acc coastal

Not that changes don't need to be made but Bluestein just doesn't have it anymore. How do you say there is nobody who can go into inner city living rooms and then mention Pat Surtain 🤔?

Good catch.

Still, I get the point being made.

It’s not so much about growing up poor as it is about having the personality to relate to the kids culturally.

Even white guys can do it and be great recruiters of “inner city” kids.

We have been told some of our coaches have the personalities of pet rocks. This is a big problem when you are being outgunned by bag schools.

A strong personal relationship can give you a chance SOMETIMES, even though a bag of cash will usually win out.

It isn’t a good look to have a staff that comes off as awkward, lame, or unrelatable.

Advertisement
I also like this mentioned in the article--

St. Thomas Aquinas three-star offensive tackle Marlon Martinez said he committed to LSU early in the process because Miami hadn’t offered him; the Canes have tried recently to get him to be part of their 2020 class but without success.

And Hollywood McArthur three-star linebacker Ruben Hyppolite said he committed to Maryland earlier because Miami wasn’t seriously recruiting him; the Canes reportedly later offered him but then stopped contacting him.

A Far too often theme among our coaches

Last edited:
Jesu effing Christo with this same crap all the effing time.

Again, Ol' Blu is a nice guy when he's not offering up immediate condolences for hostage takers but I digress and wish this lame old crap about being "able to go into local livingrooms" would just stop.

If oldheads like Blu and simpletons had their way our entire staff would be guys like Icee Harris. How'd that turn out?

These clowns are slaves to the local high school football bubble they exist in and think the answers to all of our problems can be found there. Please. That world and culture actually accounts for more of our problems than it could ever solve.

Not that changes don't need to be made but Bluestein just doesn't have it anymore. How do you say there is nobody who can go into inner city living rooms and then mention Pat Surtain 🤔?
That was my 1st thought. Kid lives in a palace from what I saw.

Advertisement

The Surtain Casa. I can understand how it might take bein from the mean streets of that hood to be able to relate to anyone in that livingroom. Thanks for the advice, Blu!

Screenshot_20191213-010733_Chrome.jpg

Advertisement
Ivins was writing just recently that Chris Morris the 4 star OG was begging for an offer less than a year ago but no one offered and he is not even going to come down here for a visit now-canceled out.
Entitled little shïts...fück him then...bust your *** and earn a offer...why does it matter when it comes???

Advertisement
Back