Barry Jackson--recruiting tips for Diaz

Advertisement
It's a solid recruiting class....except on OL. Butch Barry did a poor job coaching the OL and it is really hard to understand how Manny, Butch Barry & others didn't make it more of a high priority to recruit maulers for the OL. That is astounding.

Manny - make the necessary changes or this won't work out. Don't ruin your best shot at an elite coaching position. You'll never get another one, if you fail at Miami. You're not going to achieve your goals without a good OL. Make it a priority & get a top notch OL coach or you will fail.

Hickson is good money, he's a gem, he'll do well for us in Broward.

Stubbs ain't it, but that's just my opinion... Since I know a lot of people on here are love with him I'll get attacked for even suggesting he be replaced lol. But, if I were Diaz, I'd have Hickson recruit all our local WR's if he's hellbent on keeping Stubbs on staff.

He has to put Hickson on more South Florida skilled personnel. Has to. And fire Stubbs.

Last edited:
Advertisement
We're ranked 12th on 247 by player average after a 6-6 season

Is Cristobal now a **** recruiter because he's being out recruited by a Manny Diaz led staff?

Teams ahead of us are

OSU
Clemson
Oklahoma
Auburn
Bama
UGA
LSU
Texas A&M
UF
ND
Texas

Ppl keep coming back to this one site that has us there...a few days ago it was “we have the #9 class”

Now it’s we have the the #12 class.

The problem is that next year when we lose to a terrible MSU team are in a dog fight with GaTech the excuse will be “we don’t have talent”

Well ppl are telling Manny what he needs to do to get more talent but instead he wants to be stubborn.

The bottom line is that we are missing out on a handful of really good players every single year.

Then 3 years from now you hear “we don’t have depth at Lb” “we don’t have depth at G” “we don’t have depth at WR”... well why is that? Oh yeah because every year you are letting 3-4 guys slip right through your hands.

We're ranked 12th on 247 by player average after a 6-6 season

Is Cristobal now a **** recruiter because he's being out recruited by a Manny Diaz led staff?

Teams ahead of us are

OSU
Clemson
Oklahoma
Auburn
Bama
UGA
LSU
Texas A&M
UF
ND
Texas
That is great that our class is rated 12th, but where are the OL and CB, two absolute positions of need? It is an unbalanced class if you do more than look at overall rankings.

He hast to put Hickson on more South Florida skilled personnel. Has to. And fire Stubbs.
Agree about Hickson. Stubbs is still a mystery to me. Decent on field coach, but since we're talking crootin on this thread, I just don't know what he brings to the table.

Advertisement
The comments on our staff are obvious. Many here said them last winter.

there are just too few to no guys who are really good recruiters on this staff. It doesn’t have to be all or nothing. But this staff aint built right for teaching or recruiting or coordinating. Hickson is the only really good recruiter on staff.

"Blustein said it’s vital. “A [great recruiter with local ties] would help,” Blustein said. “This is not an opinion. It’s a fact. Do they have a coach who can go into inner city living rooms? Parents are not going to relate to some of these coaches."

“[Cornerbacks coach] Mike Rumph didn’t get [Alabama and former St. Thomas Aquinas] cornerback Pat Surtain. He hasn’t gotten [a lot of the top kids]. Trajan Bandy loved the program; that’s why he came."

"Add another quality recruiter or two to the staff, says the top two local recruiting analysts, Larry Blustein and Charles Fishbein:"

“They don’t have a guy who can sit in a living room and pull in these kids,” Blustein continued. “We’ll see with the Northwestern juniors; they will try to get [four-star Class of 2021 Miami Northwestern outside linebacker] Terrence Lewis but I doubt they will get him. Alabama, UF have more on the table” in terms of winning, attendance and other appealing assets."

"Fishbein agrees: “Manny is going to have to make changes to his staff.”

"Blustein said: “Why not hire [Miami Central High coach] Roland Smith? He’s a consummate pro, a former Miami Hurricane. He has that presence to go into living rooms. You’ve got to play to the strengths of your team. They’re missing out on a lot of guys.”

Barry Jackson is Gary Fermans source of that tells you anything about Barry Jackson. We have **** near a top 10 class and they’re talking about no good recruiters?That being said we don’t have any Elite recruiters but we a few good recruiters. They need to keep Field recruiting locally though and use the support staff guys like DVD to do all the long distance national stuff until we know they’re serious.

This comes from a lack of understanding of the kids you're speaking about, I'm from there & understand the environment better than most on this board, whenever I speak on it I get shouted down by people who have on body armor protecting the staff, but the truth is they fumble over themselves trying to recruit locally because they seriously don't know wtf they're doing.

It's more than just bags, not saying that it's not a factor, but if you think all you need to do to get those type of kids yall like to stereotype in that way is just to throw cash at'em, you'd actually be surprised.
uc
The highest ranked kids are the ones that get paid , the other ones are as equally up for grabs as anybody, it's more about the effort than anything.

I know it's not just bags, that's why I said they care about three things, in no particular order: Winning, bags and playing time. It depends on the kid.

The nonsense Blustein spews about local ties and going into neighborhoods isn't as important as those three factors. Not even close.

Look at the recruitment of Amari Cooper, the guy who pretty much started it all. Injured his junior season, not recruited by Bama at all. Goes to camp in June, leaves with an offer and is committed by September. He saw an opportunity to win every week and see early PT. Don't know about the bag but I'll assume based on what I read here every day.

No local ties. No dramatic in home where mom and dad were convinced around the dinner table. Offered and committed in a couple of months and done.

We need to win before worrying about anything else. The rest of Barry's article is fake TV movie nonsense.

Advertisement
It's a solid recruiting class....except on OL. Butch Barry did a poor job coaching the OL and it is really hard to understand how Manny, Butch Barry & others didn't make it more of a high priority to recruit maulers for the OL. That is astounding.

Manny - make the necessary changes or this won't work out. Don't ruin your best shot at an elite coaching position. You'll never get another one, if you fail at Miami. You're not going to achieve your goals without a good OL. Make it a priority & get a top notch OL coach or you will fail.

he already has failed. you sound like another guy going with the dopey “it’s his dream job” nonsense as if that matters.

Advertisement
We need a Hickson in inner city Miami. Fields is ok, but he also has the whole west coast too. They need a black person who is relatable in the hood. Same thing down south, Banda and his theatrics not getting it done down here.
Fields can relate though, don’t forget Hes from the area and was the head coach at Miami northwestern along with other staffs in south Florida. We do need more on the staff who can. Bring me back Michael barrow and hire a seider type somewhere. **** I’ll take hurlie brown back somewhere ago was a great recruiter/relationship builder

Amen
“People say it’s going to take time; they don’t have time,” Blustein said. “They just wasted five years. Dan Mullen came into Florida and turned this around in two years. There’s no more time for this. Manny has been part of the regime for four years. It has taken 18 years to be relevant. It’s not that hard to win in the ACC and yet they can’t.”

very true
Amen blustein, amen brother!!!

Advertisement
Back