Barry Jackson on OL/possible suspension

Scaife ain’t taking no chances wit all the bs going on in this krazy world today! I don’t blame him! I’ll tote my iron too
My state MD has tight laws but world gets dangerouser every friggin day. What’s a person to do? Some guy just shot a tourist from Colorado in a restaurant down their in Miami. I guess tourist didn’t even half time to draw. Maybe he had nothing to draw.

They’re was a small town in Georgia that required all citizens to be armed which is the right thing to. As they say, an armed society is a polite society.

Just imagine if average Afghani was armed. He could fight back against the Taliban.

Advertisement
You can't carry on your person until you have the physical permit. Even if it's been approved or is pending arrival to your address. And, there are rules about how to carry.

Don't the details of Scaife's case, but if, during the time of the traffic stop (or whatever), he had the firearm on his person without a permit, it's an issue. If he had it in his car in a "securely enclosed" location (think: anywhere that "clicks" or locks), then there shouldn't have been a problem. There are grey areas as to "how" to travel with a weapon when you don't have a CWP, but it's generally straightforward about what you can do with the CWP and the gun on your person.

*Mind you, I only got trained and started carrying last year during the pandemic (props to all here who suggested both firearms and training options - got the G19 and I'm all in on continuous tactical training), so I'm certain there are nuances I don't yet understand. I do carry almost 100% of the time now. If ever pulled over and asked for my driver's license by LEO, I am prepared to turn over my CWP simultaneously.
Maybe they should start offering some undergrad courses at the U on firearms safety, “Your Rights Under the Second Amendment,” “Concealed Carry: What You Need to Know,” and range practice.

Teach responsible firearms ownership as you go along.

I'm normally a strong supporter of discipline. You break codes of conduct, you get punished, full stop.

But this is one of the few exceptions I would make. Not for Scaife but for the health and well-being of my QB and RBs. Play the kid to keep others safe. With Campbell out and Nelson questionable, we don't want another leg injury in our backfield because we need to throw Tommy Kennedy out at tackle against Bama.
Need Kennedy’s jersey number so I know if he’s in.

Advertisement
Please kick Herbert and Hillery off the team now. Utterly useless waste of roster space. These guys are redshirt juniors and don't do ****.
Oh sh*t did they plant the gun in Scaife's car and try to frame Avantae?? Unless that's what you're inferring, your post was pretty random and pointless.

The
Need Kennedy’s jersey number so I know if he’s in.

hah hah .. I was j/k ... Kennedy already graduated. He was the kid from Butler who transferred in to play in the 2019 season. He was so bad he didn't make the 2-deep and we ended up unfairly relying true Freshman Zion Nelson to be our starter.

I see Rok talking about Justice, and JO may help out. But it's totally unfair for D'Eriq King to expect that guy to be our starting tackle against Bama. If Scaife had a permit request in and charges were dropped, I say run him or do matt drills till he pukes for being a bonehead, but do not hurt the team and put King at risk of physical harm against Bama.

Advertisement
Why are you telling me? I have a law degree and know how to read the rules, plus my brother has a hunter's ****nal of guns. You need to be telling the original poster.
1629925938943.png

Other than Christy, I have never seen worse beat writers covering a major college football program. Susan seems like she has been suffering from early onset dementia for the last decade, and Barry Jackson is simply a weirdo. I cannot believe some young, aspiring sports journalist out of college couldn't do a better job.
Yeah, but Susan is hot. Such a MILF!

Advertisement
"... As they say, an armed society is a polite society.

Just imagine if average Afghani was armed. He could fight back against the Taliban..."

Correct.

Afghans are people, Afghani is money.

Kinda sorta correct depending on where born.
Tajik, Hazara, Uzbek, and some elements of Pashtun (its complicated closer to Iranian border) tribes its on like donkey kong with Taliban.

Most Pashtun, not fighting because, you guessed it, Taliban are predominately from that tribe (as much from Pakistan as well), so why get into a scrap with your cousin from the next valley?

Tired of all the bullchit already. We gonna strap 'em up and play Bama the best we can with who we have. Nothing we can do about it.
The final score is what it is. Go Canes!

We have the right to bear arms in this country.

Police can take that stupid trumped up bull**** charge and shove it up their ***.

As far as I’m concerned, Scaife is a patriot and a gentleman. He shouldn’t be suspended, he should be cheered

I think there are lots of shades of grey to these cases. You can support the police AND citizens rights at the same time. There is a balance. Since charges were dropped, seems like they found a good outcome, no?

I do agree with another poster that a tinted shield should get a license plate scan and a fine in the mail on first offense, not be a open invitation to search and seize whatever you want in someone's personal property.

Advertisement
Do you think it slipped past me?

Encyclopedias could be filled up with crimes in which "no charges were pursued".

I'd like for things to turn out well for our players, but I'm also not advocating that we turn our heads every time they do something wrong. There is a middle ground, the world is not "100% guilty" or "100% innocent".

We have plenty of lawyers on the board. No need for a non-lawyer to start opining on legal issues.
Then act like one. Son, public defender for 3 years, laughed at this non issue. Clearly you are a patent attorney. Smh, go back to school.

I think there are lots of shades of grey to these cases. You can support the police AND citizens rights at the same time. There is a balance. Since charges were dropped, seems like they found a good outcome, no?

I do agree with another poster that a tinted shield should get a license plate scan and a fine in the mail on first offense, not be a open invitation to search and seize whatever you want in someone's personal property.

I don't want to make it political, out of respect for the board, the mods, and what they're trying to do. As a black man living in Texas, this kind of thing riles me up.

“A well-regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

That's the entire 2nd amendment, nothing left out. I don't see the gray area there. "Shall not be infringed" seems pretty ******* plain to me.

What was Scaife doing? He was bearing arms. Don't ******* infringe. It's very simple.

It doesn't say "Shall not be infringed... unless you don't have a permit." It doesn't say "shall not be infringed.... unless you're driving in a car with tinted windows." It says "shall not be infringed" PERIOD.

So I can support the police when they stop harassing young men who are minding their business doing nothing wrong. Someone tell Officer McGruff to go solve a crime or something, leave the good people alone and stop with the control freak bull****.

Advertisement
Back