Barry Jackson has a mental breakdown.

This is something I actually agree with Mario about. Even Matt Shodell from Canesport was semi whining about it on a recent canesport video. They don't have the Intel they've had in years past and that's ok with me. Look how many times things have leaked. The entire thing with Diaz firing and searching for a new coach and Mario was a PR diaster for the school. People started to sympathize with Manny and started calling Miami messy. Imagine if the details were kept secret?

The local media, specifically the UM alum like LeBatard and now Barry's dumbass have always reported negative things about the school. A big part of the reason UM was never able to get away with paying their players like Alabama and UGA and everyone else in college football can is because we have too many flashy clout chasers in the media down here and within the network of the school who can't keep their **** mouths closed.

Barry is displaying unprofessional behavior and hasn't stopped whining for days now going back to The Heat not getting Dame. He's talking all this **** on twitter but can't ask accurate good questions to someone's face.

The Miami Heat also do the same thing. They are very hush hush around the organization.
Mario is most likely aware of the terrible media we have down here and wants to not only protect the program but also the kids.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Saban has built up a significant amount of goodwill.

What does Mario have on his resume? One great season with Justin Herbert as his QB.
It sounds like people in here are mad because Canes beat writers don't constantly suck off the coach/program like they do in places like Athens or Tuscaloosa. Mario deserves every hit piece written on him. I don't care about his feelings. His deserves no sympathy for his moronic decision making.

It sounds like people in here are mad because Canes beat writers don't constantly suck off the coach/program like they do in places like Athens or Tuscaloosa. Mario deserves every hit piece written on him. I don't care about his feelings. His deserves no sympathy for his moronic decision making.

They don't have to suck off the coach. They have to either support the program or be neutral. Not choose to voice procedural disagreements about media control as if it somehow had ANYTHING to do with why the game was lost. Nobody needs sympathy, but saying "Maybe Mario should've focused on time management instead of ******* my wife" ain't an analytical or constructive take a
in any stretch of the imagination. How about, as a beat writer for the local program, you call out a terrible football decision with FOOTBALL details and arguments to back up your opinion on why the coach is stupid. How about you accompany that article with a fair assumption/drama of there possibly being a scandal, money, or ego that led to the poor decision? How about they write a strongly worded article berating the officials for literal one sided game changing calls? There's so many directions the Miami Herald beat writer could've taken as a professional. He decided to be petty about something that happened in the off-season, and had 0 effect on the account of the game. If Mario or his assistants didn't do whatever 3 months ago, does that possibly lead to us taking a knee? Or not fumbling? So yeah, miss me with that trying to pile on Mario for irrelevant ****. "Yeah, I'm so glad Mario got exposed for his bad decision making, maybe he shouldn't drink 30 Cuban coffees a day or he'd be able to calculate without a timeout."
Fck outta here

Please post. He blocked me years ago after I accused him of being a hack that was going out of his way to ruin the program.
5C1D1FC4-2EBB-4DE6-AF95-EDDF2A4DE4EA.png

0C5BB154-95CF-48CB-810F-7D18B47D900A.png

Last edited:
Advertisement
Losing always exposes the fair weathers. Unfortunately we have a ton of them everywhere including on this board.
What Mario spends his time on is his decision as head coach not that of a newspaper hack who is going behind someone’s back to try and get dirt that he can put on social media. Lowest form of reporting.

Exactly and even tho it could be corny the media is not giving this program the benefit of the doubt with anything, they don’t deserve it either.

And barry gives his honest opinion all the time for every one, he literally was kinda going at the heat this offseason when we didn’t get dame and he has went at the dolphins in the past. Its the medias job to say how they feel, I would hate if they had blind loyalty to any team here..

Unless its serious program or team damaging say how tf u feel
hes low-key outting mickey on being bankrupt

Advertisement
this. people have to stop thinking the canes run ****. they dont. its a pro town. as long as Barry gets heat and fins access, nothing matters.

also, this isnt an SEC town. whoever keeps bringing it up, shut up. the media doesn't need UM to have a job. UM doenst draw that interest nor does it make up a large percentage of the sports fan in the city.
Sure but Miami also doesn’t need to grant access above what they want. They are not a state school and there are no media requirements like in the pros. In an ideal situation is symbiotic and quid pro quo on both sides.

Sure but Miami also doesn’t need to grant access above what they want. They are not a state school and there are no media requirements like in the pros. In an ideal situation is symbiotic and quid pro quo on both sides.
my point is the local papers dont really feed off the interest of a college team here. they put pretty much the greenest reporters (right out of college) on the beat and the worst ones generally stay on that beat solely. no one has to protect UM nor should they. they aren't GMs media arm. UM has UMTV and their radio network. the only one that really goes to protect UM are the radio partners (remember UM reached out to QAM because Sileo and some of the other guys were going too hard in its criticism against golden). either way, no one loses sleep is my point. at times, you need your media to go all out and get real answers bc what happened Saturday isnt okay and any other coach would be fired for it (imagine fi golden, Manny, randy had made that mistake)

Advertisement
Deeper than that, he’s outing them for not wanting to win as much as they portray they only want to win on their terms lol…but i don’t wanna rant on that lol im still ****ed
yeah thats a Micky money thing imo. he doesn't want to pay up and is a cheap owner to begin with that got lucky Riley and wade were heatles. Mickey did cut mike miller for tax purposes and didnt use the money he saved on The amnesty to improve the team (which ****ed off lebron)

Advertisement
I am sure this Twitter attack is going to help him with access... Miami media is the worst lol...

Look, definitely NOT thrilled with Saturday's ending, but it is what it is. We have run the ball to run out the clock all season long. Creatures of habits coaches are.

I am curious to see two things moving forward and thats it:

1. Resiliency - how we play next week defines the season. Simple as that. Win and Ga Tech gets erased in minds
2. TVD and Dawson bounce back - 2 games in a row teams have played 2 high safeties over the top. Can TVD remain patient and take what the defense gives. Can Dawson rely on the run game to FORCE the defense to give him the looks he wants. Defenses now have the blue print to slow our attack. It will be interesting to see if TVD continues to see ghosts or learns to adjust moving forward.

my point is the local papers dont really feed off the interest of a college team here. they put pretty much the greenest reporters (right out of college) on the beat and the worst ones generally stay on that beat solely. no one has to protect UM nor should they. they aren't GMs media arm. UM has UMTV and their radio network. the only one that really goes to protect UM are the radio partners (remember UM reached out to QAM because Sileo and some of the other guys were going too hard in its criticism against golden). either way, no one loses sleep is my point. at times, you need your media to go all out and get real answers bc what happened Saturday isnt okay and any other coach would be fired for it (imagine fi golden, Manny, randy had made that mistake)
If no one loses sleep then Barry wouldn’t have taken his shot like he did. If they are going to say UM is just there, it’s on page 4 and whatever access we get is what we get because we are not doing them any favors, that’s one thing. But to expect access and transparency when you’re going to throw it right back in the programs face, even without things like this (eg TVD injury), then you can’t be a petulant child when the school says we’re good.

I dont think you can win a cold war with media. Especially in beginning of your regime, I think Mario has a higher regard for himself and thinks he can do what other elite coaches do without the hardware. They will be there to take shots at you when you stumble because you make their job hard. Perception is reality and media controls that, dangerous game to play.

If no one loses sleep then Barry wouldn’t have taken his shot like he did. If they are going to say UM is just there, it’s on page 4 and whatever access we get is what we get because we are not doing them any favors, that’s one thing. But to expect access and transparency when you’re going to throw it right back in the programs face, even without things like this (eg TVD injury), then you can’t be a petulant child when the school says we’re good.
Barrys taken shots at the heat ownership too. hes taken shots at previous coaches, as well. I dont think Barry cares about access. **** get access either way bc UM is more Than Mario and will be around after Mario leaves or retires. he alos isnt a beat guy. he doesn't have a beat to any team. he just follows all the SFL teams but isnt tied to a single beat. the herald has other dudes who are there for that that cover UM (SMD, etc.).

no one loses sleep w the UM stuff but it isnt this huge revenue driver in clicks. heat and fins stuff drive more so Barry is more protective with that usually. hes getting close to retirement so he seems more inclined to let loose though.

either way, I am fine with any shots at our staff. I dont give a flying **** about them. theyre here bc theyre getting paid millions to do so. they earn all the criticism they get or praise. they got plenty of praise first four weeks and earned it I might add as we looked far and away better than at any point since 2016. they deserve the **** they get after this week.

Advertisement
Back