Barry Jackson article = NOOOOOOOOOO = Blake James is a useless GINGER

Lol so we will find out how much of a narcissist Richt really is. If he comes back with the same **** offensive staph, we will know he chose his own ego over the the good of the program because we don't have the balls to force him to do it.

Advertisement
"James, who has done excellent work raising money for the program and building and augmenting facilities, said there has been no indication of athletic department donations being adversely affected by the disappointing football season.

“We’re having a great year,” James said of donations."

@davion_mori already touched on this statement, but Imma expound on it a little bit.

This is the problem. Blake is not an AD, he should be over our marketing dept. The roBOTS and this ticket seller are status quo as long as donations are coming in. If their phones didn't blow up from big time donors regarding Golden, Golden would've still been here until his contract expired. They don't see an issue until money stops funneling in.

Blake is nothing more than a suit and tie that can shake a couple of hands. If what's true that Richt was given all the resources to hire his assistants then this may have been the biggest indictment on Richt I've ever heard. If you're given this financial support to hire your team, this is the best you can come up w??

In order for REAL change to happen, Blake has to go. Put a killer in the AD position that care more about sports than buildings going up.

Seems like your explanation of James is exactly what several program's AD's have become. Being close to Athens I hear this constantly about the Ga AD mcGoofy. He was told by big boosters to get Kirby before some other program did well in advance of Richt being let go. Instead of putting a football man in that chair they just go for a fund raiser.

I agree with Blake on this. If a man is going to fall let him fall on his own sword.
Whatever Richts decision ends up being it will be a self fulfilling prophecy.

Advertisement
Doesn't matter what he or Mark say it only matters what they do. He could be pressuring Mark behind the scenes for all anybody knows. Trying to read this administration through the media is pointless. They just use coachspeak 98 percent of the time.

Advertisement
It's ok guys. Richt will get a stern pat on the back after the season and that will right the ship.

Seems like your explanation of James is exactly what several program's AD's have become. Being close to Athens I hear this constantly about the Ga AD mcGoofy. He was told by big boosters to get Kirby before some other program did well in advance of Richt being let go. Instead of putting a football man in that chair they just go for a fund raiser.

Yah, but McGoofy was smart enough to can Richt and hire a good coach. Albeit 5 years too late, but he still fired him.

Advertisement
I expect that Jon will move on this offseason. He's been under daddy's wing long enough. Time for him to fly on his own somewhere else.
giphy.gif

You guys...

he is talking to the media...

during the season no less...

what did you expect him to say?

Change is coming...

So you say... And it might.

Though, some acknowledgement from him that 5-5 amidst another 4 game losing streak is unacceptable is more than warranted at this point.

You would be hard-pressed to find his laxidasical and ho-hum attitude expressed by other elite program's athletic directors in an identical situation.

Advertisement
Jackson is usually a good read and some what credible but using the term excellent and B.James was way over the top. Miami Gold Standard for AD's is Sam J and B.James does not fit into that category.

It's not Blake James' responsibility to hire/fire Richt's staff.

If no changes are made and things stay the same, Richt's days will be numbered here. This article literally doesn't change anything. You guys really thought Blake James was going to sit down and tell Richt who he needed to fire? Hahahahahahah.

You guys...

Change is coming...

Exactly. This board is hilarious. Blake, you're 5-5 and getting ready to play Virginia Tech. What are your thoughts on the program?

"Well, here's a list of folks who will be fired...." LMAO give this **** a rest. Let's talk in early January.

You guys...

Change is coming...

Will it be the right type of change though? I don't consider it change if Richt is going to bring in another "yes man", who is just another extension of Richt's garbage offensive philosophy. There needs to be a complete overhaul of the whole offensive scheme by someone, who is much more in tune with modern day football. Anything less than that is pretty much a waste of money in my opinion.

Advertisement
Back