Barry Jackson article = NOOOOOOOOOO = Blake James is a useless GINGER

Richt needs to bring in an OC with credentials as a leading edge offensive guy. Then, give him free rein to run his system. I doubt that will happen though.

I'm betting that whatever changes Richt makes in the offseason are superficial.

Advertisement
Earn a bowl bid???????

That's like a participation trophy for college teams. If I am a college athlete with NFL aspirations, I ain't playing in any game but the 4 team playoff. You don't like that, then expand the playoff system.

An AD will tell you first and foremost his job is to raise money. He’s probably comfy now because he had a good year because everyone thought the program had promise. Let’s see how he does next year...

Are we really surprised that he didn't come out and say changes will be made?

Lol..what did you expect that dork to say? All of the sudden he's going to start throwing his weight around in the press?

His #1 job is to make the Athletic department as profitable as possible. They've all seen the difference in dollars since they brought in Richt and his staff. Do you think that Blake James, or the BOT or friggin Julio Frenk is naive enough to believe that they will be able to maintain these current profits if the team tanks?

Advertisement
I indirectly agree with Blake here (more I agree with the approach). If you don't have faith in your HC to evaluate the staff, than you have a **** coach. If Richt thinks he can go into next year with the staff the same as it is now, and he goes and wins 7-8 games while losing to UF and FSU, you can now outright fire him. The problem I have with Blake James is he doesn't know how to properly evaluate a program and where are the problem areas that he has to talk to Richt about at the end of next year. Furthermore, it's the BOT that's likely going to later on tell Blake James to tell Richt to make changes. Personally, I can't wait until the day that Blake James is fired.

Having said that, this article confirms what I've known and that is, Richt's not going to make changes unless the board gets involved.

You guys...

he is talking to the media...

during the season no less...

what did you expect him to say?

Change is coming...

How about

5-5 isn't good enough at the University of Miami. I know that and Coach Richt knows that. There will be a full review of everything related to the football program at the end of the season to make sure that we are in a position to succeed going forward.

I don’t see any problem with James letting Richt decide. Makes it even easier for him if Richt decides to not do anything and we stll
Suck. Richt will have nobody to point the finger at but himself.
I think it’s compmetely the right stance by James.

Advertisement
Back