Banner

we have three to five more scholarships than last year. Are those extra guys really creating unprecedented depth? Use logic not what the coaches want you to believe

Although the reductions hurt, it was the mass exodus of talent ( NFL talent) that didn't want to sit the probation years and twiddle their thumbs. I don't blame them for leaving early but they decimated our program. On top of that, we had to be squeaky clean, cause the next strike was going to be our last. How many kids did we suspend for minor bull****? Noles and Gaytor recruiters talked all kinds of **** of how we were going to get hit hard and be SMU'ed or worse. We lost a ton of talent.

Obviously, you guys can do whatever you want, I just think it's misguided. Golden might be a crap coach, or not? It's too early to tell. This is his first year with a roster resembling normality. Our offense is still razor thin. If we see significant improvement this year, lets see where it takes us. If not, he needs to go. Even then, I'm not going to act like an ***.
What's going to get him fired is losing games or people not attending. Flying banners offers very limited benefit and I feel it hurts ( recruiting) more than it helps. But maybe you guys are right. I've said my piece. See you at the games. . .

All you need to know that he is not a good coach is that all of his recruiting classes are better than every team he coaches against, except Forced *** University. Yet he continues to get his **** pushed in by that lesser talent with superior coaching.

Advertisement
been reading a thread at reddit/r/cfb, regarding once elite programs being down for too long. Miami is the poster child of programs being down for too long without the resources to compete in a changed cfb world....some decent points made about the recruiting and one good coach being able to return us, but it's sobering to see even headed fans from other programs discussing our continued mediocrity as matter of fact; that we are literally a has been program that is barely trading on a quickly waning history for parents of croots who grew up only knowing us as a lower/mid tier program.
pitiful.
reading through really solidifies how long it's been and how far we've fallen. ****, there are fsu fans sticking up for us in that thread, with fans from Michigan to Tennessee saying they hope we make an reemergence sometime in the next decade, before it's too late, bc we're good for cfb....but that for now, there's nothing to indicate we aren't going to be anything other than in the middle of the coastal....

Miami has always been an anomaly in the CF universe. A small private school without the resources of the big state schools and a comparatively tiny alumni. Yet, we dominated college football for two and half decades. ****, they were about to get rid of football at Miami. Perfect storm? We can still get back to relevance but I don't know if we'll ever dominate like we once did. Everything goes in cycles though, and I think we're going to be headed in the right direction soon. One way or the other.

we have three to five more scholarships than last year. Are those extra guys really creating unprecedented depth? Use logic not what the coaches want you to believe

Although the reductions hurt, it was the mass exodus of talent ( NFL talent) that didn't want to sit the probation years and twiddle their thumbs. I don't blame them for leaving early but they decimated our program. On top of that, we had to be squeaky clean, cause the next strike was going to be our last. How many kids did we suspend for minor bull****? Noles and Gaytor recruiters talked all kinds of **** of how we were going to get hit hard and be SMU'ed or worse. We lost a ton of talent.

Obviously, you guys can do whatever you want, I just think it's misguided. Golden might be a crap coach, or not? It's too early to tell. This is his first year with a roster resembling normality. Our offense is still razor thin. If we see significant improvement this year, lets see where it takes us. If not, he needs to go. Even then, I'm not going to act like an ***.
What's going to get him fired is losing games or people not attending. Flying banners offers very limited benefit and I feel it hurts ( recruiting) more than it helps. But maybe you guys are right. I've said my piece. See you at the games. . .
Lol at "it's yet to be decided whether golden is a crap coach." Fan base is filled with a bunch of clowns that didn't give Randy (who was terrible in his own right) the same type of leeway. 5 years in and these guys still don't know if golden is a terrible coach, yet they would be quick to declare opposing team's coaches terrible if they got the same results golden has gotten here.

This fan base has been invaded by a bunch of mindless sheep that eat any **** sandwich golden feeds them. At least come out of the golden closet and admit you have an agenda, that for you, golden comes before the program, the players or the school.

Last edited:
been reading a thread at reddit/r/cfb, regarding once elite programs being down for too long. Miami is the poster child of programs being down for too long without the resources to compete in a changed cfb world....some decent points made about the recruiting and one good coach being able to return us, but it's sobering to see even headed fans from other programs discussing our continued mediocrity as matter of fact; that we are literally a has been program that is barely trading on a quickly waning history for parents of croots who grew up only knowing us as a lower/mid tier program.
pitiful.
reading through really solidifies how long it's been and how far we've fallen. ****, there are fsu fans sticking up for us in that thread, with fans from Michigan to Tennessee saying they hope we make an reemergence sometime in the next decade, before it's too late, bc we're good for cfb....but that for now, there's nothing to indicate we aren't going to be anything other than in the middle of the coastal....

Miami has always been an anomaly in the CF universe. A small private school without the resources of the big state schools and a comparatively tiny alumni. Yet, we dominated college football for two and half decades. ****, they were about to get rid of football at Miami. Perfect storm? We can still get back to relevance but I don't know if we'll ever dominate like we once did. Everything goes in cycles though, and I think we're going to be headed in the right direction soon. One way or the other.

Butch Davis

Advertisement

Because Golden proved last year how good one of his teams would look if it was loaded down with NFL talent huh? What do you think turns recruits off to UM more? A banner or multiple, repeated drubbings to rivals and scrubs alike on TV every other week? You dopes talk about how the banner hurts recruiting in one breath and in the next talk about how we have to keep Golden because of the #1 #Swag16 class he has assembled. Which is it?

EL OH EL at the jury still being out on Golden's ability as a coach.

Here's a thought: If after five years at Temple and four years at Miami you don't have enough data to determine whether the career .500 coach is good or not, maybe shut up about criticizing the people who've made a determination on the strength of almost an entire decade's worth of results. Just because it's still a complete unknown to you if Golden is Rich Kotite or Urban Meyer, that's your problem. We aren't bad for drawing conclusions based on evidence just because you don't agree with those conclusions.

Last edited:
pitiful.

You sound like Pete giving an injury update.

Advertisement
pitiful.

why not? (aside from the obvious: Folden) i keep hearing how CFB is different and how what UM did is impossible in todays college football. then i look at Alabama and it makes me sad because that is what we used to be. every year in Alabama they dont win NC is a failure for them. meanwhile all anybody can talk about down here is winning the godforsaken coastal. not even the acc, the fkin coastal. worst fkin division in CFB. right now our football program is looking more like FIU and less like FSU

Message for the next banner is being discussed/voted on in the WEZ as we speak.

Stay tuned.

At some point, and early, not only should the message continue to Fire Golden, but if we want to stir the pot, and get something positive up, Bring Back Butch will have to be included.

Thus, two solutions on one banner. Fire Golden. Bring Back Butch. And there will be photos circulating all through the media.

Plant the seed. Plant it deep.

Stay tuned.

At some point, and early, not only should the message continue to Fire Golden, but if we want to stir the pot, and get something positive up, Bring Back Butch will have to be included.

Thus, two solutions on one banner. Fire Golden. Bring Back Butch. And there will be photos circulating all through the media.

I am a "firm" supporter of planting deep seeds.

Advertisement

Stay tuned.

This right here.

Crazy that Larry Coker nearly won two titles after UM changed coaches. I recall them going 2-12 against FSU, VT, and ECU under Butch's watch.

FLY THE BANNER!!!!
Seriously though how hilarious they fly the temple banner the day temple has the biggest win in their program history. These butch slurpers can't get anything right.

Crazy that Temple got its biggest win in their program's history after they changed coaches. I recall them losing to PSU under his watch.

What a ******* MORONIC ***. Too early to tell? Are you ******* blind or just plain STUPID?

Advertisement
pitiful.

why not? (aside from the obvious: Folden) i keep hearing how CFB is different and how what UM did is impossible in todays college football. then i look at Alabama and it makes me sad because that is what we used to be. every year in Alabama they dont win NC is a failure for them. meanwhile all anybody can talk about down here is winning the godforsaken coastal. not even the acc, the fkin coastal. worst fkin division in CFB. right now our football program is looking more like FIU and less like FSU

He mentions how Miami is unique in that it's a small private school that dominated, and you bring up Alabama? Alabama has a HUGE alumni base that spends like crazy on their team. The university barely pays any money to Saban. His giant salary is paid almost completely by alumni organizations....who also went and paid off a few million dollars on his mortgage as well. We don't have that. Not even close. Barely a tiny fraction of that. We also don't have the huge network of alumni who essentially recruit for the team away from the eyes of the NCAA. They give $1000 handshakes, ours might take a kid for a steak dinner. They also have the NCAA ignore or downplay every accusation against them, with photographic evidence of boosters taking players suit shopping and others providing antler spray being passed on, while we get investigated if a kid sneezes and and a booster hands him a tissue.

pitiful.

He mentions how Miami is unique in that it's a small private school that dominated, and you bring up Alabama? Alabama has a HUGE alumni base that spends like crazy on their team. The university barely pays any money to Saban. His giant salary is paid almost completely by alumni organizations....who also went and paid off a few million dollars on his mortgage as well. We don't have that. Not even close. Barely a tiny fraction of that. We also don't have the huge network of alumni who essentially recruit for the team away from the eyes of the NCAA. They give $1000 handshakes, ours might take a kid for a steak dinner. They also have the NCAA ignore or downplay every accusation against them, with photographic evidence of boosters taking players suit shopping and others providing antler spray being passed on, while we get investigated if a kid sneezes and and a booster hands him a tissue.

more excuses.. expectations are at an all time low in miami. weve always been a small private school with little to no resources and alabama has always been alabama. but that didnt stop us from having high "alabama" expectations up until as recently as about 5-10 years ago. all this low expectation crap started with golden. coker didnt meet our expectations we got rid of his ***, shannon same thing. now all of a sudden we are a small school and cant compete with uf, fsu, etc?? matter of fact, we have more resources now than we ever did when we were dominating with sky high expectations. all this complaining about $ec and they have more money to buy players bla bla is just a loser mentality to justify our FIU-like expectations. for gods sake at this point duke has higher expectations than we do. 10 years ago i would have laughed at ur *** if u told me we'd be on the level with the likes of duke, gt, uva, etc..complete embarassment for the tradition of the U of Miami. anything less than NC, undefeated or 1,2 loss use to be a failure down here. now were pushing to make a run for the coastal (for gods sake we cant even separate ourselves from gt, duke, unc, uva smh embarassing)

Last edited:
Kyle, you're trying to teach astrophysics to guys with Down syndrome. They'll never get it. Their life goal is to have Folden smile at them and sign their drool cup.

Advertisement
Back