Banner For Cook This Weekend At His Game

and I've been a booster and used to donate $5k a year and had 6 season tix on the 50 yard line at the OB. then, i'd never participate and I know I was a booster. today, i'm not a booster and no one could prove that I am.

Advertisement
your reading comprehension is poor.

i never said you bought tickets to a game.

i never called you a booster.

all i'm doing is giving you the rule. argue it if you want to. explain yourself if you want to. tell me that i'm wrong if you want to. all i'm doing is giving you the rule.

u are saying if I bought tickets off stubhub, i'm a booster. so, u are calling me a booster b/c you said I bought tickets. I've been given tickets and I get them from friends or stubhub. no one knows I attended one game.
again, i'm sure this is low on the agenda of anyone in compliance and you'd be hard pressed to get at people at some hs game and query anyone who hung a sign on a fence.

u are saying if I bought tickets off stubhub, i'm a booster. so, u are calling me a booster b/c you said I bought tickets.

:ibisroflmao:

let's just get back to the thread. i don't think it can hurt our chances with recruits to get a banner, but i'd run it by the school just to make sure it's kosher with the NCAA.

ok, lol, so if some guy calls the school, who isn't a season ticket holder nor a donor, they will ask if he bought tix to a UM game? if I just say "no" then we are good? this is dumb.

Advertisement
I always understood it to be only season tickets.

Either way, banners are small-time. We should do a fly over with fighter jets.

I always understood it to be only season tickets.

Either way, banners are small-time. We should do a fly over with fighter jets.

alright, it's completely moot and i really don't want to derail the thread. this is a good idea to make happen IMO.

but it might also be worth it to throw this out there, just for people to know.

whether or not a school enforces rules or will track you down for making a Miami sign at a high school game is irrelevant, but here's what the definition of a booster is--

"The NCAA broadly defines a 'booster' as an individual, agency, entity or organization who is known by an institution to:

Have participated in or been a member of an agency that promotes the institution's intercollegiate athletics program
Have made financial contributions to the athletics department or a booster organization for the department
Have been involved otherwise in promoting the institution's athletics program
Have been a season ticket holder
Have provided benefits to student-athletes or their relatives or friends"

Last edited:
Advertisement
not trying to be jerk, but, i'd say you were incorrect, no?
unless the rule applies to "have I ever been?"

not trying to be jerk, but, i'd say you were incorrect, no?
unless the rule applies to "have I ever been?"

i've talked to people in compliance at other schools, and it can literally get as nit-picky as:
Person A buys a ticket for a game from the school. Person A puts the ticket on StubHub. Person B buys the ticket on StubHub. Person B has transitively supported the school financially.

Not to mention the fact that the school has tickets on StubHub up for games as well, so you might be buying from them on there.

Last edited:
DGhustla, we will agree to disagree. Still cant understand why hate on the cats that want to do it. Somebody on here secretly hack into your bank account and make you put money in? Just dont put ya money up playa and keep it moving. But you sound like the biggest playa hata right now trashin cats who want to do something positive. Too each his own.

People overuse the term "hating". It's not hating to suggest that an idea is silly when you are ALREADY a BIG TIME PROGRAM. We are not Arkansas, we don't need to fly a banner to get a recruit's attention. We have a 5 star OL visiting here next month, should we fly a banner for him too?

What people don't understand is Cook has two teammates going to the U. A brother at the U. A mother, father, and grandmother that live in Miami, but he is going to suddenly go to Miami because fans that he doesn't even know are flying a banner. How lame does that sound?

Advertisement
DGhustla, we will agree to disagree. Still cant understand why hate on the cats that want to do it. Somebody on here secretly hack into your bank account and make you put money in? Just dont put ya money up playa and keep it moving. But you sound like the biggest playa hata right now trashin cats who want to do something positive. Too each his own.

People overuse the term "hating". It's not hating to suggest that an idea is silly when you are ALREADY a BIG TIME PROGRAM. We are not Arkansas, we don't need to fly a banner to get a recruit's attention. We have a 5 star OL visiting here next month, should we fly a banner for him too?

What people don't understand is Cook has two teammates going to the U. A brother at the U. A mother, father, and grandmother that live in Miami, but he is going to suddenly go to Miami because fans that he doesn't even know are flying a banner. How lame does that sound?

thank you, that is the best post I've seen explaining the anti banner position.

Lol! Ok fine. But thats whats wrong with this country. People worrying about other peoples money and how they want to spend it. I say go for it kids. Ya spent money to fly a banner for Als a$$ and he lost 3 str8 games..So what the ****. (shrugs)

Brother NO ONE is claiming that the banner would be a clincher, any kind of significant impact, or that it would work AT ALL. The idea is, that IF the kid is really torn, and its a 50/50 type proposition at the 11th hour, and any little thing can help tip the odds, THEN, maybe a banner like that, COULD help tip things in our favor a bit. Just giving him some positive vibe from the U, making him feel like the community is rallying around him to come, etc. In the end, it will likely amount to NOTHING, BUT.... there really is nothing to lose by doing it. Its not like hes going to be OFFENDED by something like that.

DJ Williams claimed, and who knows if it was true, that he was torn, and on signing day, his final decision came down to where he felt like having Breakfast. McDonalds, or BK. Point being, that you never know what a kid might see as a "sign", or what might make them feel good, or help push the ball down the field. Especially if we already have positive momentum.

Again, SEC schools send those female hosts to recruits games to fawn all over them. So its not like this is some alien concept. Im not saying this is some kind of great plan that is going to have any kind of results. But I dont see how it can hurt, and it CAN POTENTIALLY, tip things in our favor, if only the slightest bit. But maybe that's all we will need. You never know.

Advertisement
It is an violation and we can't do it. Fans can not help recruit players. Twitter is really making this hard to control but a banner is pretty easy to control. Someone from UM tweeted this out last year when we were recruiting Alex Collins.

It is an violation and we can't do it. Fans can not help recruit players. Twitter is really making this hard to control but a banner is pretty easy to control. Someone from UM tweeted this out last year when we were recruiting Alex Collins.

Welp. That's that.

Advertisement
Back