Banner For Cook This Weekend At His Game

thought this was for a regular banner like the "I Stand With The U" one that was signed at CanesFest.

i'd roll with an actual banner that can be hung on a fence or held in the stands rather than flown overhead.

it'll be cheaper, for one.

secondly, you can make a more generic banner like "Stay Home and Rep the U" or something like that and it can be applicable to more than one kid and the money can be stretched to more than just one game

my two cents...

Advertisement
(1) B/c its a stupid idea to have a banner flying around at a night game that no one could see.

(2) Its creepy

(3) Its Desperate

(4) It shows no respect to the kids we have committed when we are doing this for someone committed to one of our most hated rivals(UF) who looks to flip to our other most hated rival(FSU)

(5) How would you feel if he signed with FSU after all that?

Not trying to "hate" on anyone, but this is a dumb idea.

Just go to his game and rock some Cane gear and at the very most make him, Darling and Yearby some cardboard signs, no planes flying over a HS football game LOL

thought this was for a regular banner like the "I Stand With The U" one that was signed at CanesFest.

i'd roll with an actual banner that can be hung on a fence or held in the stands rather than flown overhead.

secondly, you can make a more generic banner like "Stay Home and Rep the U" or something like that and it can be applicable to more than one kid and the money can be stretched to more than just one game

my two cents...

This is a better idea IMO

my two cents...

**of course, i suggest this only if it was cleared by compliance**

don't be the **** that puts the school in trouble

OP loves him some banners and CIS polls.

Enough with the banners. As a fan base we flew 2 this season. Both were positive and in good taste.

Stop with the dumb assery of flying banners to fire dorito or to beg a recruit to go to Miami. Let some things play out.

Advertisement

my two cents...

This is a very good idea, much better than the plane. Stuff like "305 Pride, Rep the U". "The U is Family". "U were born for this, 305 4 LIFE". Stuff that can apply to all of them, but obviously would be getting in the head of a kid on the fence. If it is going to mention any kid, it needs to mention Yearby and Darling too. Something like

"Dalvin, Joe, and Trevor, the next CANE dynasty".

not a fan of the "we need you!!" desperate begging a 17 year old crap. but, something else would be fine.
and i'm no compliance expert, but, if you aren't donating money to UM, you aren't a booster and you can do whatever the **** you want. if you are a booster and donating, don't be involved.
that simple.

not a fan of the "we need you!!" desperate begging a 17 year old crap. but, something else would be fine.
and i'm no compliance expert, but, if you aren't donating money to UM, you aren't a booster and you can do whatever the **** you want. if you are a booster and donating, don't be involved.
that simple

lol, no.

if you bought tickets for a game this season, you're a booster.

that simple.

I disagree with you on the "we need you" type stuff. Kids eat that sh*t up. **** Cook has mentioned it now REPEATEDLY on interviews, how impressed he was that the coaches "need" him, etc. Im not saying to come off like some desperate females crying for some kid. But something that encourages the kid to stay home, puts that bug in his head that people in his hometown know who he is, that the community is behind him staying home and playing here, etc.... IMO there is NO downside to that, and only potential positive.

Advertisement
It makes us look like Boise St going up against USC for some 5-star from Idaho.

We should expect him to come here. **** a personalized sign.

The tattered banner hanging on the fence is gonna put him over the edge.

I'm in for $1000

cane4,
I don't like the "we need you!!" but, something else a little less desperate. i'm not really on board w/ either, but, i'd go for some other less desperate message.

twozero, unless I donate money and buy season tix, UM has no idea I went to every home game. you basically have to be a donor and/or have season tix and be on their list.

Advertisement
How about a banner for Valentine and JC Jackson and Dixon. Lets fly a banner at every school in south florida for every recruit that isnt committed. **** even that RB from Louisiana, lets fly a banner for him too. Put me down for 10k

twozero, unless I donate money and buy season tix, UM has no idea I went to every home game. you basically have to be a donor and/or have season tix and be on their list.

you said you weren't a booster as long as you don't donate. that's not true.

if you bought tickets, you're considered a booster. like i said, don't be the **** that gets the school in trouble over a banner.

cane4,
I don't like the "we need you!!" but, something else a little less desperate. i'm not really on board w/ either, but, i'd go for some other less desperate message.

I dont totally disagree with that. It doesnt have to say something like "we need you". I mean that does sound a bit desperate, but something that encourages him to stay home, come to the U, rep his hometown, this is family here, this is where he belongs, etc.... I dont see how there is anything but possible upside to that.

Advertisement
How about a banner for Valentine and JC Jackson and Dixon. Lets fly a banner at every school in south florida for every recruit that isnt committed. **** even that RB from Louisiana, lets fly a banner for him too. Put me down for 10k

Why the **** not? If we have the money, and the games arent all on the same day, and if guys are willing to go to those games, I dont see why that is such a far fetched idea. You dont need a different banner for every kid. But the Central boys, Valentine, maybe Dixon. They are local, and one or two signs/banners would suffice. **** they can be re-used next year if they are generic.

I mean its funny. You got "super fans" on there talking about how they would offer up their "first born" if we could land Cook, or how Valentine is the most important recruit in the class, and how they will lose their minds if this kid bolts, etc. But the thought of going to a game, and putting up a sign that encourages a kid to stay home and rep the U, is somehow stupid and ridiculous.

I guess its better to just sit on a message board all day trashing the coaches, praying that player X comes here, and then flipping the F8ck out if he doesnt.

I mean I get it if people want to say "Im not giving money for that", or "I dont have time or the ability to go to a game or hold up a sign like that", but why call the idea stupid or mock it? I mean what is the WORST that can happen, assuming its legal and not any kind of violation? Is a kid going to be DISCOURAGED from coming here because our Fans are cheering him on and waving a sign for him to stay home and sign with us?

F*CKING SEC schools send hot ch8cks HOURS from the campus to watch recruits, flirt with them, carry signs with their names on it, etc.

I didn't buy tix from UM, so, I could essentially do whatever I wanted.

You have no clue what you're talking about.

I'll say it again: if you bought tickets to a Miami game, you're considered a booster.

i'll tell you again, no i'm not. and there is zero record I bought tix to a UM game. let someone prove I bought tix to a UM game. it's moot b/c i'm not participating in this, but, to just prove a point to you, if I chose not to post in this forum and decided to pay for a banner and posted it at a hs playoff game, who the fvck is gonna know or ask who I am, what my name is, do I donate money to UM and have I ever bought tix to a UM game. don't be so dumb. you are overthinking it. none of those things would occur and i'd tell someone to get lost if they asked me for my name or ID unless they were the police. I don't have to volunteer anything.
stop overthinking it.

Advertisement
Back