Banda-Patke co-dc, Simpson associate head coach

Advertisement
Who makes the play calls when your a co-coordinator? Has this ever worked before ?

UF had luck doing it when Randy Shannon was there I believe, and also when Strong was there. Banda is the alpha, and IMHO that's obvious. I have no idea if he's up to calling play though. Skeptical.

Sooooo you kinda need to hire another person to replace Diaz? Is that going to be an offensive coordinator? **** well better be or else I’m gonna rip ***.

Nah, it'll be someone from a small Christian college/Bartending School in Bumblefuk, TX to take over Patke's old job.

Advertisement
Everyone ***** on Patke but he had Romeo playing as well as anyone on the team.
Which is fantastic. Romeo was one of my favorite players this season. However, that isn't enough reason to promote the guy. He has been here for barely a year and is already DC. Maybe he will do well, that's yet to be seen though.

The optics on this are awful. Not just on defense, but as a program we are reeling. Something was needed to change the narrative for recruiting and bring some positivity to the program. This ain't it.

Advertisement
Gonna get sh** for this being my first post, but I love this move. Banda/Patke have been with Manny for the past three seasons watching and studying what works and doesn't work with the defense. This board is so bad for everyone's mental health and stability that everyone should take a step back and support them in their new positions. If they suck, we make it known. If they do a good job then give them and Richt credit.

Love the hire, and I believe those who are rational and/or true alums will support this move. This also gives recruits a sense of stability and continuity. Go Canes!

Advertisement
Advertisement
All the DCs turned richt down. Its pretty obvious. PAtke is a true rags to rich story and here I didn’t think Miami spent money they are literally throwing money away

If Jess could keep the Dline play aggressive and at the very least near what we had this year I’m ok with his hire. But I really thought he needed to prove it at least another year before a promotion of this kind. Banda was a guy they had to keep around because he was an up and coming talent, but never thought at this level yet either.

You really can’t complain about the coaches getting promotions n the defensive side of the ball. The good thing from this is that the DF should be status quo. Now all Richt has to do is fix the real problem, and that’s his offense!

Lets see how it all plays out. I’m a little optimistic!

Advertisement
Back