Banda-Patke co-dc, Simpson associate head coach

yc0ixvygva901.jpg

Advertisement
And when we have a top 10 D next year what will y’all say??.. it’s about the culture change that manny brought to that D. Keep the culture rolling rather than start from scratch and hiring WHOLE NEW Defensive staff..why our fans can’t fully understand that part is beyond me. Y’all act as if Banda was not mannys 1st assistant of choice his last 2 successful stops and was a huge part of this Ds success this year
Banda and Patke are COMPLETELY unqualified to be anywhere close to DC. ****, their not even qualified for what they are doing at Miami. If this true, it's over and will not renew season tickets. Rorcht will be fired next year

Advertisement
If Jess could keep the Dline play aggressive and at the very least near what we had this year I’m ok with his hire. But I really thought he needed to prove it at least another year before a promotion of this kind. Banda was a guy they had to keep around because he was an up and coming talent, but never thought at this level yet either.

You really can’t complain about the coaches getting promotions n the defensive side of the ball. The good thing from this is that the DF should be status quo. Now all Richt has to do is fix the real problem, and that’s his offense!

Lets see how it all plays out. I’m a little optimistic!

Promotions were probably earlier than Richt would have liked to make, but honestly, coaches all around the country get promoted out of necessity, so it is what it is. It keeps the continuity, these guys know the defense, they build great relationships with players and recruits, can't fathom why anyone would hate this. Any new external DC would want to run their scheme with their guys which would disrupt what we've already built.

Let's see what performance is put on field.

Interesting hire, maybe he put into place two gems, maybe two lumps of coal.

Time will tell.

I can see the disappointment if D has big drop off next year, but what IF...

1) D recruits are salvaged this cycle, and
2) D performs at high level next year?

Will you be so down on the hire(s) then?

Simpson's new titles are curious....hmmmm

Last edited:
Advertisement
You're taking the ******* ****, right?

A bartender and a ******* graduate assistant are our new co-DCs?!

Advertisement
No way they make this move unless they plan to hire OC. Keeping current staff and saving the money to hire OC. Otherwise this is a lazy joke of a move.

As ****** as we played this past year I can't possibly believe we were gonna pay $1.5 million to Diaz to retain him, and now we are just gonna shelve that money. I think we are gonna spend that money on the offensive side of the ball. Whether this works or not depends on if Banda can handle the defense, and who we spend the available cash on.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back