Banda Coming On...

Don’t want him to fail at all. Hope any kid from Mia has a good career. I know TC would likely start here. Agree with NY tho that Blades has had a more productive college career thus far. Was just sayin that the latest depth chart I saw for the upcoming season had him behind someone.

Thats the JUCO transfer he's behind.

Advertisement
Why does ths keeps being said about Surtain?.
Dude is still the hc at Amercan Heritage and hasnt seen or attempted to get a college job.
Right, surtain went to school that he thought will get him to the pros and give him the most exposure

I think we've learned time and time again that to be a good college football coach you have to be either a very good technician or an excellent recruiter, you can't be merely adequate at both, you need a strength. You can count on a recruit until they actually sign, but Banda seems to be coming into his own-- recruiting has gotten better every year, and IMO the safety play has been good overall during his tenure. It's possible Manny may have evaluated him well as a young assistant, and yes, he does coach the safeties before that bull**** starts up.

Advertisement

Screenshot_20200712-110212.png

Banda moving up the rankings with the swiftness. Good to see we have a Top 20 national recruiter on the team.

Banda is the best hands down, he's arguably the best recruiter on the team, it's between him & Coach Field.

Coach Stroud is a beast though too, he'll really silence all the doubters next year for the 2022 class.
How is Diaz as a recruiter. I know he doesn’t get involved much until the end, but is he well received by the kids?

Advertisement
I don't think anyone on here really hates Banda or Rumph. We all just want the best facking players in the country and especially in out back yard. If we don't get it, we are ****ed. I think they are both doing a good job and I think they will only get better.
Hmmm. How bout that?

If I was Diaz I would try like **** to get Ed Reed to be on staff full time.

Put Reed at Special Teams Coordinator & allow him to coach the Safeties with Banda.

The two of them on the trail would be unstoppable.
this requires us dumping a coach. i would dump Patke and have Manny coach the LBs. He seems to have a done a decent job of it before, though i know he wants to focus on being HC because, well, he's had *some* issues in that position.

He had turf toe last year somewhat. Missed some games...and UGA has talent at the spot. TC would be starting opposite Al Blades here barring injury rather easy. We are gonna see some young kids play cb for us this season if there is one im excited about it
Man TC needs to make that biz decision and switch to safety imo that’s his money position

Advertisement
I'll bet most of the people ****ting all over Patke are some of the same people who **** all over Banda til about 2 months ago.

Everything I've read indicates he's a very good young football mind who's respected by the players. I'm willing to give him a minute to see how his young bucks play this season and get his recruiting feet under him. His special teams, outside of Baxa who obviously went full Steve Sax, improved pretty dramatically in year one.

Manny obviously sees something in him and at the end of the day he was proven 100% right on Banda.

when you say failing I’m sort of confused. Yes I, like everyone would have loved to have gotta the surtains, jobes, campbells of the world... but I don’t think the kids that we got are necessarily duds. In this richt/diaz era I don’t think our secondary has ever not consistently gotten better, which is coaching. For example, so many on this board talk about dropping Curtis (which I absolutely hate hearing grown men make comments on dropping a kid who’s actually got a chance to live out his/and their fantasy but that’s another story). But I have absolutely no doubts that Rumph can turn Curtis into a solid ACC corner by his 3rd year here, which is a win. If that weren’t the case, then yes, Rumph shouldn’t have a job, but the guy can coach and develop.

Now you’re point at the linebacker position is spot on. We had 3 kids start as true freshmen under the same regime and didn’t progress much at all, so something there is terribly wrong. But you can’t say the same about our secondary guys.
But not disagreeing with you, just saying that a team of Rumph, Banda AND DVD can work.
Dude we only have 6 CBs on the roster, and 2 of them are freshman right now. 2 others didn't even like play last season. How is that not a terrible situation for us? I'm not even saying the guys we have on the roster are bad (though Ivey played pretty **** bad last year) It's more just the fact that we have literally only landed 1 top recruit that wasn't basically a lock to come here - Christian Williams.

this requires us dumping a coach. i would dump Patke and have Manny coach the LBs. He seems to have a done a decent job of it before, though i know he wants to focus on being HC because, well, he's had *some* issues in that position.
If Diaz coaches the LBs, what the **** is Bakers job exactly?

Advertisement
Dude we only have 6 CBs on the roster, and 2 of them are freshman right now. 2 others didn't even like play last season. How is that not a terrible situation for us? I'm not even saying the guys we have on the roster are bad (though Ivey played pretty **** bad last year) It's more just the fact that we have literally only landed 1 top recruit that wasn't basically a lock to come here - Christian Williams.

Locks still count.

If you know what I know, you'll be excited for what's coming.

You can thank Telly, Ed Pata, DVD, Cooney and others for their relationships in the neighborhoods.

Clearly, I don’t know, so feel free to tell me.

Advertisement
Back