Banda Coming On...

anyone know where we stand with Shemar? Wonder if the likeness rule would put us in the game. Need him and LT on my d-line in the near future lol
1594687053831.png

Advertisement
If you know what I know, you'll be excited for what's coming.

You can thank Telly, Ed Pata, DVD, Cooney and others for their relationships in the neighborhoods.
Man those are 4 cats with a LOT of pull down here. Special shot out to my dawg Edwin. Been real cool with that dude since we were goin' at it in those American-North Miami games back in '99, 2000. He's gonna pull a stud or 2 from the Big Bend. I'm pretty sure he's got some good relationships up there from playing/coaching at FSPoo and coaching at FAM, so watch for that while the Holes are eyebrow-deep in their own fecal matter...

Advertisement
Advertisement
when you say failing I’m sort of confused. Yes I, like everyone would have loved to have gotta the surtains, jobes, campbells of the world... but I don’t think the kids that we got are necessarily duds. In this richt/diaz era I don’t think our secondary has ever not consistently gotten better, which is coaching. For example, so many on this board talk about dropping Curtis (which I absolutely hate hearing grown men make comments on dropping a kid who’s actually got a chance to live out his/and their fantasy but that’s another story). But I have absolutely no doubts that Rumph can turn Curtis into a solid ACC corner by his 3rd year here, which is a win. If that weren’t the case, then yes, Rumph shouldn’t have a job, but the guy can coach and develop.

Now you’re point at the linebacker position is spot on. We had 3 kids start as true freshmen under the same regime and didn’t progress much at all, so something there is terribly wrong. But you can’t say the same about our secondary guys.
But not disagreeing with you, just saying that a team of Rumph, Banda AND DVD can work.
I get your point.....on the flipside sometimes its better to let a recruit go to a program that fit his talent....sure rumph can "possibly" develop him but how long will that take? How long would Malik be willing to sit behind kids who come in ready to play the position? I can at least see Miami getting one solid 4* CB in this class.... I think it's better for some kids to develop at a lower level (like KJ ) then transfer up....I think Malik is more of a unknown at this point... doesn't show enough on film to prove his worth at the cb position imo....I do believe he is talented with enough speed to be recruited as a d-1 slot tho....

I get your point.....on the flipside sometimes its better let a recruit go to a program that fit his talent....sure rumph can "possibly" develop him but how long will that take? How long would Malik be willing to sit behind kids who come in ready to play the position? I can at least see Miami getting one solid 4* CB in this class.... I think it's better for some kids to develop at a lower level (like KJ ) then transfer up....I think Malik is more of a unknown at this point... doesn't show enough on film to prove his worth at the cb position imo....I do believe he is talented with enough speed to be recruited as a d-1 slot tho....
Just gotta put yourself in the position of the kid. I’ve had kids that have read message boards from grown a** fans about them not being a ‘take’ for the school they love and it’s sorta sad tbh. They use that for fuel but at the same time grow a resentment towards their own fan base. We as fans aren’t the experts, so repeatedly saying a 17 year old kid should be dropped from his scholarship is a rough take from that side of the fence. With him, I didn’t see corner on his film neither, but I did see a player! Get players and figure it all out later

Advertisement
Just gotta put yourself in the position of the kid. I’ve had kids that have read message boards from grown a** fans about them not being a ‘take’ for the school they love and it’s sorta sad tbh. They use that for fuel but at the same time grow a resentment towards their own fan base
. We as fans aren’t the experts, so repeatedly saying a 17 year old kid should be dropped from his scholarship is a rough take from that side of the fence. With him, I didn’t see corner on his film neither, but I did see a player! Get players and figure it all out later
I understand the point of being in the kids position....you also have to be tough in this world cuz everything ain't going to always go your way....at the end of the day, you have to make several adjustments in life to be successful.....that's the main problem with some kids they don't know how to take constructive criticism....just cuz somebody don't believe you have what it takes.. doesn't mean they will be correct when it's all over.... gotta suck it up and keep working to be the best you can be....that's the mind set kids gotta have or they won't make it far anyway.....teach them to be tough minded...

Good stuff! Exactly what u said is the only message coaches can preach when encountered with this... but it is detrimental in a sense. Imagine being a lifelong cane fan, getting the offer, and have friends coming to you in school talking about how the fans are on a website saying you’re not worth the offer and they need to drop you! Yes, it should fuel a fire, but boy, doesnt a piece of u wanna stick the middle finger up on sight? I just wish fans were more receptive until proven otherwise

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back