Banda Coming On...

Advertisement
Advertisement
He had turf toe last year somewhat. Missed some games...and UGA has talent at the spot. TC would be starting opposite Al Blades here barring injury rather easy. We are gonna see some young kids play cb for us this season if there is one im excited about it

He missed 5 games because of it. The JUCO kid played well in his absence so there wasn't a need rush him back in...

Rumph is a football coach.... Not a recruiter... if you’re a really good coach and you’ve got guys around you that can help bring in good talent with potential, you get what we are hoping for. If not mistaken most of Rumphs corners have made it to the next level, which says a lot.

But the man hates recruiting. Most times, guys like this end up in the league because the head coach of the program demands much more. Possible Diaz being young and not having that clout yet enables Rumph to stay comfortable on just the coaching part while Diaz puts guys around him like a Banda and Van Dyke to do the recruiting. I doubt it would work this way under a saban etc.

Either way, I myself do appreciate his coaching skills, it’s always one of the more consistent groups that we have
Here's the thing. If we are going to have a guy who's sole job is to coach DBs which I'm fine with, the other dudes job who is to recruit (Banda) has to pick up the slack of recruiting by the other coach at CB, which simply hasn't been happening. So if we have Rumph to coach and Banda to recruit DBs, then Banda is failing. If thats not their job, then Rumph is failing and needs to be replaced. He's basically gotten 1 recruit that wasn't an easy get his entire time here.

Secondly you can't have 3 guys on defensive staff whose job doesn't include recruiting. Patke, Baker, and Rumph can't all be on this staff if none of them are going to recruit. Especially at LB since Our LBs got progressively worse even when we had four year starters. and that's not even including the fact that our HC was our LB coach just a couple years ago....

Advertisement
If I was Diaz I would try like **** to get Ed Reed to be on staff full time.

Put Reed at Special Teams Coordinator & allow him to coach the Safeties with Banda.

The two of them on the trail would be unstoppable.
I’ve said the same Liberty. Dump Patke or better yet trade him for Hartley with Kirby and allow Patke to coach dem dogs up. Patke brings absolutely zero, nada, nothing to the staff in the way of coaching nor recruiting. He’s a body eating up a 6 figure check. I’ll do his **** job for half what he’s pullin in.

Here's the thing. If we are going to have a guy who's sole job is to coach DBs which I'm fine with, the other dudes job who is to recruit (Banda) has to pick up the slack of recruiting by the other coach at CB, which simply hasn't been happening. So if we have Rumph to coach and Banda to recruit DBs, then Banda is failing. If thats not their job, then Rumph is failing and needs to be replaced. He's basically gotten 1 recruit that wasn't an easy get his entire time here.

Secondly you can't have 3 guys on defensive staff whose job doesn't include recruiting. Patke, Baker, and Rumph can't all be on this staff if none of them are going to recruit. Especially at LB since Our LBs got progressively worse even when we had four year starters. and that's not even including the fact that our HC was our LB coach just a couple years ago....
when you say failing I’m sort of confused. Yes I, like everyone would have loved to have gotta the surtains, jobes, campbells of the world... but I don’t think the kids that we got are necessarily duds. In this richt/diaz era I don’t think our secondary has ever not consistently gotten better, which is coaching. For example, so many on this board talk about dropping Curtis (which I absolutely hate hearing grown men make comments on dropping a kid who’s actually got a chance to live out his/and their fantasy but that’s another story). But I have absolutely no doubts that Rumph can turn Curtis into a solid ACC corner by his 3rd year here, which is a win. If that weren’t the case, then yes, Rumph shouldn’t have a job, but the guy can coach and develop.

Now you’re point at the linebacker position is spot on. We had 3 kids start as true freshmen under the same regime and didn’t progress much at all, so something there is terribly wrong. But you can’t say the same about our secondary guys.
But not disagreeing with you, just saying that a team of Rumph, Banda AND DVD can work.

Last edited:
Lot of guys on here want him to fail badly. I know whats up with him...good kid. Him and Blades would of been real nice with Ivey behind them. He would be our fastest db on the roster. But these last safety hauls we have gotten will show a nce influx of speed and talent on the back end

Advertisement
Lot of guys on here want him to fail badly. I know whats up with him...good kid. Him and Blades would of been real nice with Ivey behind them. He would be our fastest db on the roster. But these last safety hauls we have gotten will show a nce influx of speed and talent on the back end
I don’t want him to fail. How can you expect a kid to turn down a school and go play for the coach they just fired. He seems like a good kid. I hope He makes it to the league.

Yeah this defense is upgrading speed big time. Amari is a thumper. Now we are adding thumpers who are play makers

when you say failing I’m sort of confused. Yes I, like everyone would have loved to have gotta the surtains, jobes, campbells of the world... but I don’t think the kids that we got are necessarily duds. In this richt/diaz era I don’t think our secondary has ever not consistently gotten better, which is coaching. For example, so many on this board talk about dropping Curtis (which I absolutely hate hearing grown men make comments on dropping a kid who’s actually got a chance to live out his/and their fantasy but that’s another story). But I have absolutely no doubts that Rumph can turn Curtis into a solid ACC corner by his 3rd year here, which is a win. If that weren’t the case, then yes, Rumph shouldn’t have a job, but the guy can coach and develop.

Now you’re point at the linebacker position is spot on. We had 3 kids start as true freshmen under the same regime and didn’t progress much at all, so something there is terribly wrong. But you can’t say the same about our secondary guys.
But not disagreeing with you, just saying that a team of Rumph, Banda AND DVD can work.

idk if the LBs didnt progress at all. they were just limited physically

1594516640729.jpeg

Advertisement
Don’t want him to fail at all. Hope any kid from Mia has a good career. I know TC would likely start here. Agree with NY tho that Blades has had a more productive college career thus far. Was just sayin that the latest depth chart I saw for the upcoming season had him behind someone.

Attachments

• 61D5872D-16B8-47A0-A2A8-2A945FCE06EA.jpeg
    61D5872D-16B8-47A0-A2A8-2A945FCE06EA.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 72
Advertisement
Back