Banda Coming On...

Advertisement
What's Patke up to?
cornhole.gif

Did he get it?. And since?.
Typically when someone wants a job its some sort of leverage there...they got his son and he aint get a job?.

He wasnt coming here, but the college job isnt/wasnt the reason. Pat Surtain could had a college job at his alma mater like yesterday.
I didnt Say all that, just saying he interviewed for a job on their staff. For the most part elite broward kids are divas and band wagoners so they are going to go to the top of the line it school so I’m not surprised we didn’t get those 2 kids all things being considered

Advertisement
Rumph is a football coach.... Not a recruiter... if you’re a really good coach and you’ve got guys around you that can help bring in good talent with potential, you get what we are hoping for. If not mistaken most of Rumphs corners have made it to the next level, which says a lot.

But the man hates recruiting. Most times, guys like this end up in the league because the head coach of the program demands much more. Possible Diaz being young and not having that clout yet enables Rumph to stay comfortable on just the coaching part while Diaz puts guys around him like a Banda and Van Dyke to do the recruiting. I doubt it would work this way under a saban etc.

Either way, I myself do appreciate his coaching skills, it’s always one of the more consistent groups that we have

Advertisement
I was more of a Rumph guy than Banda cause I really appreciate what Rumph brings to the table in terms of development and coaching. Trash at recruiting tho. My previous issue with Banda was that safety play looked iffy last year and I was hoping that Jaquan and Redwine weren’t masking those issues the year before. Plus we missed on some targets, but I realize we were thin on the depth chart and played first time guys so I’ll give benefit of doubt and eat my words, if safety play looks better and Banda is on a roll with recruiting

He can recruit.

also need to point out efforts of DVD and cooney as theyare doing a **** of a job, it’s no secret of why relationships seems to be getting better with the prospects we recruit
We need to do what we can to keep both of those guys in the building. Massive strides have been made since both of those guys were hired.

I was more of a Rumph guy than Banda cause I really appreciate what Rumph brings to the table in terms of development and coaching. Trash at recruiting tho. My previous issue with Banda was that safety play looked iffy last year and I was hoping that Jaquan and Redwine weren’t masking those issues the year before. Plus we missed on some targets, but I realize we were thin on the depth chart and played first time guys so I’ll give benefit of doubt and eat my words, if safety play looks better and Banda is on a roll with recruiting
He’s not trash. He got Christian couch and dunson who are all very talented and fast. His problem is quantity. He’s old school and feels he shouldn’t have to kiss anyone’s butt. That hurts in today’s game

Advertisement
I hated the idea of Banda, Rumph and Patke being on staff as on field guys. Too many green coaches can kill you. Man it’s nice to see Banda develop and become a rising star. Proved me wrong.

But IMO the ship has sailed on Patke. Rumph can still be saved if Patke is replaced with another stud recruiter. Rumph better watch out though, DVD is quickly becoming a realistic replacement for him.

He’s not trash. He got Christian couch and dunson who are all very talented and fast. His problem is quantity. He’s old school and feels he shouldn’t have to kiss anyone’s butt. That hurts in today’s game
And those were big gets last min of the last hour.. I’m giving Banda a W for this recent momentum but my stance not changing on Rumph until he starts landing studs throughout the year and not 32 seconds before signing day is up.

If I was Diaz I would try like **** to get Ed Reed to be on staff full time.

Put Reed at Special Teams Coordinator & allow him to coach the Safeties with Banda.

The two of them on the trail would be unstoppable.

Honestly Patke and Reed flipping roles actually makes sense. I think Patke is a smart dude better suited in an OPs role (not that he'd be a first choice... Far more qualified people out there... Just saying as far as who is currently on staff).

Reed would own the trail. He'd pass Saban coming out of a recruits home and hand him his cigar and beer on his way in.

Advertisement
And those were big gets last min of the last hour.. I’m giving Banda a W for this recent momentum but my stance not changing on Rumph until he starts landing studs throughout the year and not 32 seconds before signing day is up.
It don’t matter when you get them. He flipped couch in the summer from Michigan who was committed to Don Brown one of the most impressive defensive minds in the game And also went head to head against the best db coach/recruiter in the country and landed Christian Williams over LSU late who many Still had going to LSU days prior to his announcement . Regardless all of these guys are helping db recruiting banda, rumph, dvd and cooney which is why we are seeing improvement

Advertisement
Back