Bama: would you take +18?

Saban preparing all offseason to crush a team in his favorite recruiting landscape probably isn’t where you want to be. That, along with the Diaz defense in big games, along with our big game track record the last two decades… would probably sleep better on the Bama side of that bet.

I just hope it’s not a blowout early and we show some talent, makes some plays and throw some punches. We have to leave that game with some confidence.

Advertisement
I know you don't bet, at least well, and I know you weren't being sarcastic. It doesn't take someone whose life centers around posting on 18 threads a day on a free message board to boost their self esteem like many here to detect that.

The line is what it is for multiple reasons. In the end it's meant to get equal action both ways. Look how many people on here are on each side. That says they made a good line from their perspective. You may think a kid that's good enough to start at QB as a Freshman at Baga is a liability, but I have a feeling they and sportbooks aren't too concerned about him.
LOL! Ok buddy. Ive been around long enough to know a troll. Have a nice life. That will go over real well around here. Good luck with that.

Advertisement
According to this thread that is Saban’s decision.

Saban’s been doing what he wants for a historically long time now. We’re not in their class. If we play a disciplined, breakdown and penalty free game and compete, anyone who’s mad here is delusional. If we don’t do any of those things then Manny deserves what comes his way.

Saban’s been doing what he wants for a historically long time now. We’re not in their class. If we play a disciplined, breakdown and penalty free game and compete, anyone who’s mad here is delusional. If we don’t do any of those things then Manny deserves what comes his way.
My only quarrel with that is that no team does that and still loses by the *** kicking being predicted here.

Advertisement
I’m so efffing sick of Bama and their 150 effing coaching analysts. Fu{k em! We need to curb stomp their azzes. Won’t be easy but can be done. 🙌🙌🙌 And saben can suck manny’sballz this year. 🙌🙌🙌
This board is so rich.

One thread: **** the SEC slurpfest, **** that thought process, **** everyone that contributes to it.

Next day: Should I bet my house on Bama to **** our team’s ****? We stand no chance against those SEC children of the god’s

Advertisement
My only quarrel with that is that no team does that and still loses by the *** kicking being predicted here.
All 18 has to be is down 7 into the 4th quarter, a Bama TD and one more score in garbage time. Would that really feel like an *** beating?

we're gonna find out just how good manny is as a defensive coordinator

I expect them to put up some points in the first half, but manny figures out O coordinators fast in the second half.

Below is the breakdown of Alabama under Saban in these "neutral site" Kickoff Classic games. 10-0 with the average score being 38-13.

'08 No. 9 Clemson 34-10
'09 No. 7 Virginia Tech 34-24
'12 No. 8 Michigan 41-14
'13 UR Virginia Tech 35-10
'14 UR West Virginia 33-23
'15 No. 20 Wisconsin 35-17
'16 No. 20 USC 52-6
'17 No. 3 Florida State 24-7
'18 UR Louisville 51-14
'19 UR Duke 42-3
Great breakdown of their season openers at neutral sites. They had some tough opponents and some average to bad opponents. Majority of their opponents were considered good by CFB standards. Some of the teams ranked going into the season ended up finishing poorly at end of season. It's possible Bama had something to do with that, but they didn't "Destroy" every team as the scores reflect. Personally, I think we cover +18, but I am not touching it. I remember the hype for the USC and FSU games and Bama absolutely crushed them.

'08 Clemson finished 7-6
'09 Virginia Tech finished 10-3
'12 Michigan finished 8-5
'13 Virginia Tech finished 8-5
'14 West Virgina finished 7-6
'15 Wisconsin finished 10-3
'16 USC finished 10-3
'17 FSU finished 7-6
'18 Louisville finished 2-10
'19 Duke finished 5-7

Advertisement
All 18 has to be is down 7 into the 4th quarter, a Bama TD and one more score in garbage time. Would that really feel like an *** beating?
The majority here seem more like it is 28 in the 4th. Miami scores 1 in garbage time and they aren’t sure to want a second TD late by Garcia to lose their bet or to run with the QB controversy…..

Just watched this kid's highlight reel for the first time. Prepare thy anuses:

Well, lets not go that far yet. Kid is legit, but he hasn't started a meaningful game yet. He's been in Bama's system for over a year now, so you know he will have great coaching. Now, I don't think we are going to dominate him because of his inexperience, but I also don't think he is going to light us up like Mac or Tua would have done. The idea that he wont have any success against us as some would think is asinine. He will make some plays for sure. I just hope he doesn't make enough plays and hope he makes a lot of mistakes so we can keep it competitive. Bama will lose a season opener at some point, just not sure it will be this game.

Something that gives me a glimmer of hope is the offense's progression under Lashlee in year 2. We were ranked near the bottom in total offense and made a considerable jump in just one year with limited time to install and execute plays. If they're clicking the way I hope they can, we may have a shot.

This game is going to either show how much Manny handicaps this teams potential or if he is really next up as one of the up and coming top HCs in cfb. Bama lost their entire team that started the last two years other programs have shown the ability to take advantage of circumstances like that and pull off these types of upsets. Miami hasn’t shown the ability to do that under Diaz. If we lose and it’s not competitive itime to start looking for a new HC.

Advertisement
Back