Bama: would you take +18?

This game is going to either show how much Manny handicaps this teams potential or if he is really next up as one of the up and coming top HCs in cfb. Bama lost their entire team that started the last two years other programs have shown the ability to take advantage of circumstances like that and pull off these types of upsets. Miami hasn’t shown the ability to do that under Diaz. If we lose and it’s not competitive itime to start looking for a new HC.
I think most of us realists are just looking for a competitive game. I'm not drinking the kool aid yet. I thought we were going to be competitive with Clemson last year and we saw how that turned out. If we get blown out by Bama, but finish the season strong, I will be all for keeping Manny. However, if we get blown out by Bama and then struggle (barely beating sorry *** teams) throughout the season and lose again to NC, then Manny definitely needs to go.

Advertisement
If we switched Head Coaches 6 months before the game what would be the spread then? Maybe Bama by 3 would be my guess

If we switched Head Coaches 6 months before the game what would be the spread then? Maybe Bama by 3 would be my guess
Nah. Jimmys and Joes definitely over Xs and Os.

Swap the HCs (but lock the rosters, assistant coaches, GAs, and other analysts) and the spread is still Bama by at least 13. He might be worth 3-4 points.

Advertisement
I’d be on the bama side of that line until I see us be somewhat competitive in a big game. Obviously not what I want to happen, but you couldn’t get me to take the canes.

Something that gives me a glimmer of hope is the offense's progression under Lashlee in year 2. We were ranked near the bottom in total offense and made a considerable jump in just one year with limited time to install and execute plays. If they're clicking the way I hope they can, we may have a shot.
We return receivers that will struggle to create seperation and they will put their best cover guy (who can probably run) with Harley. The OL has to give Chaney room but it's tough for me to say we have a realistic chance when u go through the rosters. I hope your right though..,...Mallory is going to have to be a phenom that game. Also Kings legs but I don't want him taking punishment for one **** game and losing him for the year.

. If we lose and it’s not competitive itime to start looking for a new HC.
Time to start looking for a new AD. Blake James’ HC replacement candidates would not fare any better.
Heck, replace the BoD, AD a full year before you replace the HC, because Shannon 3.0 is waiting in the wings…

This is an easy answer. Never bet on your own team. From the outside i'd say this: Look at how poorly prepared Miami teams look vs. How well Nick Saban prepares his team.

Advertisement
I generally recommend against gambling on a team you’re a fan of.

That being said, it’s hard for me to not go Bama’s way until proven otherwise. I don’t care that we have more experience or a QB that’s more talented or that Bama is replacing a lot. Bama has thrived in these types of games and we’ve been complete dog**** in them.

This is an easy answer. Never bet on your own team. From the outside i'd say this: Look at how poorly prepared Miami teams look vs. How well Nick Saban prepares his team.
It's not about preparation which they do have it's about they sending in 1st rounders at basically every position and we sending in some 1st and NFL free agents. It's like the pro bowl team vs any NFL squad. I don't get why people can't see this (not saying you) but it feels like some fans think our roster is close or our starters are as good as theirs.....newsflash it's not close on paper. That's the difference....it was the difference with us in 00-02 we had first rounders. Just like Ed said anyone can coach that team and the great JJ said it's Jimmy's and Joe's before x and O's. It seems like the fan base thinks u going to out scheme bama....even if we do somehow out scheme them they still probably beat us by alot.

We we stop people from poaching monsters we can compete with these teams. I'm sure Manny understands this like every previous HC but they can't snitch. It's almost unfair at this point.

This game isn't the season and I have come to accept that and a possible beatdown. It's the rest of the schedule. If this game is close loss by 10 we win in sfla basically.

Well, lets not go that far yet. Kid is legit, but he hasn't started a meaningful game yet. He's been in Bama's system for over a year now, so you know he will have great coaching. Now, I don't think we are going to dominate him because of his inexperience, but I also don't think he is going to light us up like Mac or Tua would have done. The idea that he wont have any success against us as some would think is asinine. He will make some plays for sure. I just hope he doesn't make enough plays and hope he makes a lot of mistakes so we can keep it competitive. Bama will lose a season opener at some point, just not sure it will be this game.
I’ve always thought we’ve had a punchers chance to win this game because of Bama’s lack of returning production, including at QB.

That was the first time I watched Young’s reel. I should have expected exactly what I saw based on his recruiting ranking, but it was just a little sobering to actually watch it. I was just watching casually (and of course it’s a highlight reel), but I didn’t see any flaws at all. He looked like Superman.

Hopefully big stage puckers up his *** a little. Maybe we can rattle him with an early TO or something.

I’m not waiting the white flag, just saying this kid looks like the goods.

I’ve always thought we’ve had a punchers chance to win this game because of Bama’s lack of returning production, including at QB.

That was the first time I watched Young’s reel. I should have expected exactly what I saw based on his recruiting ranking, but it was just a little sobering to actually watch it. I was just watching casually (and of course it’s a highlight reel), but I didn’t see any flaws at all. He looked like Superman.

Hopefully big stage puckers up his *** a little. Maybe we can rattle him with an early TO or something.

Bruh when u watch the highlights of the kids they have u can see the talent. U may not want to be sober that game bruh

Advertisement
It's not about preparation which they do have it's about they sending in 1st rounders at basically every position and we sending in some 1st and NFL free agents. It's like the pro bowl team vs any NFL squad. I don't get why people can't see this (not saying you) but it feels like some fans think our roster is close or our starters are as good as theirs.....newsflash it's not close on paper. That's the difference....it was the difference with us in 00-02 we had first rounders. Just like Ed said anyone can coach that team and the great JJ said it's Jimmy's and Joe's before x and O's. It seems like the fan base thinks u going to out scheme bama....even if we do somehow out scheme them they still probably beat us by alot.

We we stop people from poaching monsters we can compete with these teams. I'm sure Manny understands this like every previous HC but they can't snitch. It's almost unfair at this point.

This game isn't the season and I have come to accept that and a possible beatdown. It's the rest of the schedule. If this game is close loss by 10 we win in sfla basically.

I agree with some of your point, but tell FIU and LA Tech that it isn't about preparation. My point is Manny Diaz coached teams come out flat more often than not and that is the reason to not take the points in this betting. . .

I agree with some of your point, but tell FIU and LA Tech that it isn't about preparation. My point is Manny Diaz coached teams come out flat more often than not and that is the reason to not take the points in this betting. . .
I agree that Manny team be flat and looks unprepared so far against good teams. But even my mope *** knows he can win with bamas squad if Saban coached here right now. If they traded places I would pick bama easily. But your right I get your point.

In short no to this point Manny been a complete joke
P S. Anyone stop the NC backs yet

Advertisement

Dude did seem to be blessed with lots of time and wide open receivers in those highlights. With what we've seen from our cb's the last few years, TRob just might be the difference between us getting boat raced or not. Give this kid time and wide open receivers.. yikes!

Not a betting man, but after I saw what we have returning coupled with the new D coaches, year 2 in Lashlee’s O, and what Baga lost on it’s roster, I’ve said we have a punchers chance.

A virtually mistake free game and a couple of breaks and it’s possible to pull the upset.

Advertisement
Back